Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 15:11   #8386
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Found his long lost brother/sister couple of days back:
Its because of such people i feel like carrying a pen and paper in my pocket and write something very sarcastic and leave it on their windscreen for them to read, Just the other day one amazing guy had parked his car in parallel way blocking place for 3 cars which were supposed to be parked in a horizontal way, I should have clicked a picture but i was too busy cursing such people and praying why can't i live on mars away from all the humans.
Old 6th June 2016, 15:58   #8387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Found his long lost brother/sister couple of days back:
I think even the blue car on the left is parked perpendicular to the lines. Looks like Metro Cash & Carry parking?
Old 6th June 2016, 16:21   #8388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
I think even the blue car on the left is parked perpendicular to the lines.
sort of, yes.

Quote:
Looks like Metro Cash & Carry parking?
10/10 got guessing it right.

spotted this last evening opposite Columbia Asia hospital, Hebbal. the fella was zipping through the traffic. a hard brake and the child would go flying out

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_4746.jpg

Last edited by IronH4WK : 6th June 2016 at 16:23.
Old 6th June 2016, 17:13   #8389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Jetta's brake at it again! ABS didn't even kick in and the car stopped just a feet away from dzire's bumper!
Glad that you came out of that situation without any scars to speak of.

What do you mean by "Jetta's brakes at it again!", is there a known problem with the way the Jetta behaves in case of emergency braking?

This specifically piqued my interest as in my own experience when going over flyovers with joints, some cars brake abruptly and slow down way too much, in such situations I have to really push the brakes hard for the Jetta to not rear-end the car in front. Now this maybe because of the way diesel automatic cars behave as its obviously still in the D-drive mode.

On the other hand, I had a very close call on my way to Goa when I was driving from Kolhapur to Belgaum. I was supposed to write a travelogue but as usual never got to it. So, I was in the right most lane, doing around 110 kmph on cruise control, when the car in front of me suddedly move to the left lane, exposing a line of red traffic cones on the right most lane, less than 100 meters from my car. I stamped hard on the break and the Jetta slowed down from 110kmph to maybe 20kmph in a matter of seconds, allowing me to move into the left lane safely. So I have had both kinds of experiences with the Jetta's brakes.

What has been your experience in general?
Old 6th June 2016, 18:01   #8390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Glad that you came out of that situation without any scars to speak of.

What do you mean by "Jetta's brakes at it again!", is there a known problem with the way the Jetta behaves in case of emergency braking?
I would have rear ended him probably if i was in the XUV, Maybe, Its because of the bite the brakes of the Jetta has that makes you feel you did not put in any effort but still you did stop on time.

Quote:
On the other hand, I had a very close call on my way to Goa when I was driving from Kolhapur to Belgaum. I was supposed to write a travelogue but as usual never got to it. So, I was in the right most lane, doing around 110 kmph on cruise control, when the car in front of me suddedly move to the left lane, exposing a line of red traffic cones on the right most lane, less than 100 meters from my car. I stamped hard on the break and the Jetta slowed down from 110kmph to maybe 20kmph in a matter of seconds, allowing me to move into the left lane safely. So I have had both kinds of experiences with the Jetta's brakes.
This was my second emergency situation with the Jetta, First being the most scariest one of my life! It was when another car coming from the opposite side hit a valet guy who was crossing the road and that guy got hit and came right in front of my jetta, I had no place to move it was either my car hitting that guy or stopping just before he was lying on the road, Fortunately the brakes did wonders and i stopped just.. just before the guy, The car which hit him obviously did not stop! So far i have been very impressed how the brakes respond on the Jetta, I have driven the car for about 28,000 kms and still the car brakes like it used to the day i bought her.

Just to mention, The second incident which happened last night, It had just rained a little so the roads were really wet and slippery with bikers slipping everywhere, Thats what scared me the most and thats why i probably thought the car won't stop on time.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 6th June 2016 at 18:01. Reason: Removing extra spaces.
Old 6th June 2016, 20:24   #8391
BHPian

Found another one.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1465224842.555263.jpg
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 11:05   #8392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Found another one.
Forum Mall is notorious for these kind of parking. I see most of the cars not parked in a straight line in the middle of those markers. I fail to understand how someone cant get the direction right despite having those markers. Once I had a tough time getting into the drivers seat because some moron had parked his car very close to mine.

Last edited by motomaverick : 8th June 2016 at 11:06.
Old 8th June 2016, 11:08   #8393
BHPian

Quote:
Forum Mall is notorious for these kind of parking. I see most of the cars not parked in a straight line in the middle of those markers. I fail to understand how someone cant get the direction right despite having those markers.
They don't bother and they don't care, as is the case with everything else going wrong on Indian roads nowadays.
Yesterday I found a guy who kept slowing down in front of me in a two lane street. It was very evident he was searching for a parking spot, but I was irked that he didn't have his indicator on. I honked twice normally, and then gave a long honk. This pissed him off, and he gestures to me to go ahead like I'm the one troubling him.
Old 8th June 2016, 11:11   #8394
BHPian

Probably a Team-BHP member (had the LTD sticker on car) to add to the list.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20160608_083837.jpg

Dear Mr. Ertiga 9275 aka ghost parker,

It's gives me great pleasure to encounter your car everyday blocking a lane of an already super small road(see below). It's amazing to encounter you everyday at almost the same spot & sometimes to have you drive along the moment you're done doing whatever the hell you do there.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20160608_083848.jpg

Sincerely hoping for someone to ram into you or your car while you keep it parked there.

You biggest fan,
Storme proper driver.
rohansachar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 12:55   #8395
BHPian

I know the usage of high beam within the city limits has been menace and I am not sure if there is any practical way to prevent/control it.

Off late, I am finding that the XUV500 lights to be too strong and blinding for the opposite drivers. Being a popular car, I am seeing this quite frequently and the lights at a higher position also adds to this. Yesterday while returning from office, I was tailed by a XUV500 from zoom cars with high beams on. They were so strong that even in the night mode of my IRVM, they were quite bright. For some reason that guy was not overtaking me for a while and had to face this for few kms.

PS: No offence to the XUV500 owners, I think the problem is using the high beam in the city limits.
nagarjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 12:56   #8396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
Probably a Team-BHP member (had the LTD sticker on car) to add to the list.

You biggest fan,
Storme proper driver.
+1 to your style of writing. And he doesn't mind folding the ORVM either. Blocking the road with pride, is it?

BTW it looks like a very well-executed fake sticker to me. The design (size and alignment of words) and positioning of letters look different than the original sticker. Check out this post for reference.
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 13:04   #8397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Forum Mall is notorious for these kind of parking. I see most of the cars not parked in a straight line in the middle of those markers. I fail to understand how someone cant get the direction right despite having those markers. Once I had a tough time getting into the drivers seat because some moron had parked his car very close to mine.
I had the pleasure to write "Terrible parking! Please do not reproduce and increase the count of your species" on a piece of paper that I managed to fish out of my glove box and slide it under the wiper-blade of a "beautifully" parked Honda City. This "intelligent and considerate" driver had parked diagonally in one of the slots in the Ground level, near the Mall CCTV monitoring room. It was so pathetic that 2 cars in front of me first made futile attempts to park in the adjacent slot and moved ahead to find other slots. In hindsight, I should've taken a pic and posted here on the same day itself.

When the Driving License test is a mockery, there is no reason to be surprised.

Last edited by silversteed : 8th June 2016 at 13:10.
Old 8th June 2016, 13:31   #8398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
I know the usage of high beam within the city limits has been menace and I am not sure if there is any practical way to prevent/control it.

Off late, I am finding that the XUV500 lights to be too strong and blinding for the opposite drivers. Being a popular car, I am seeing this quite frequently and the lights at a higher position also adds to this. Yesterday while returning from office, I was tailed by a XUV500 from zoom cars with high beams on. They were so strong that even in the night mode of my IRVM, they were quite bright. For some reason that guy was not overtaking me for a while and had to face this for few kms.

PS: No offence to the XUV500 owners, I think the problem is using the high beam in the city limits.
Yes, this is prevalent with many car users. It is aggravated manifold with cars that have higher beam lamps. I find it worse from behind. I usually slow down, and let the menacing high beam user cross me. There is no other way around this. Though at times I have seen some Fortuner users, move down to normal beam when trailing a car. Frankly speaking, no one cares, and only see their own comfort. It is sad.
Old 8th June 2016, 14:43   #8399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post

Absolutely, XUV's high beams are simply fantastic and provide great visibility at night on highways. Even multi-lamped buses and trucks dim if you put on the high beam and its a good leveling "weapon" on highways and night drives.

However, one should not abuse this advantage and use it while tailing other cars or within city limits!! It seriously hampers others visibility and may even cause accidents.
I almost never use the high beam within city except to make others switch to low beams or flash while overtaking (just once).
However, in city I find so many 2 wheelers using high beams all the time, its such a menace while its not so bad with other 4 wheelers. Another pain everywhere are the Tata Ace trucks with high beam always ON.
Old 8th June 2016, 17:08   #8400
Senior - BHPian

This <whatever> parked and blocked the whole footpath. Details: KA 09 Z 8284, 6-June-2016, 8:30PM, 16th Main BTM Layout Bangalore.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20160606_203625.jpg

Well, this car has history:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1017
Size:  27.7 KB

Last edited by msdivy : 8th June 2016 at 17:11. Reason: Adding 2nd pic.
msdivy is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks