Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2016, 10:12   #8431
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Incident 1 is a common scenario and it comes down to inborn mentality of not letting others in front of you. The second you switch on indicators to indicate a lane change, they speed up. What would then happen is what boggles the mind. You let them pass, change lanes to the right only to see the person in front move to the left lane and go straight ahead. So much tamasha.

Incident 2 again is proving to be very common these days. Forget red signals, even if you stop at the stop line people behind will honk asking your to move till the edge of the junction
That inborn mentality which you rightly mentioned is the one which i am worried about.I am really at a loss as to how to correct such actions by these people.We can't correct them if they don't even admit they are wrong.I believe that it also shows a lack of understanding of basic traffic rules and etiquette.People will only correct themselves when they realize that they are in the wrong and they will only realize what's wrong,when someone explains to them what is right and wrong.I don't see the government, cops or anyone else taking the efforts to do that.I fear it is leading to total anarchy on the roads.The worst part is that when rule abiding people like me and you all, experience such situations,we feel the worse for wear and totally outraged and helpless-it's like swimming against the current.Are these our returns for obeying the traffic rules in our country? A man can only take so much. Sooner or later, slowly but surely our own driving and health gets affected for the worse .
ankurchaturvedi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 11:38   #8432
BHPian

Ankur, I completely agree with your observations, and face such behaviour every day on Thane-Belapur road to and from CBD, especially with truckers hugging the right lane. Just today I had a huge truck trying to squeeze in to my left while I waited in the rightmost lane at a signal at Vashi gaon. When I caught his eye and signalled to him that his place was to the extreme left all he did was gesture to me to go ahead since he wasn't in my lane. The only thing these morons understand is the stick, which is missing so far.
About your question on front and rear dashcams, check out the dashcam/car video recorder thread. I have one of these dual cams and you can find more details there.
FarPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 12:38   #8433
Senior - BHPian

A complete package, this one! Guess he was calling the cemetery to book a spot. Lol!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00000750447162
schakravarthy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 14:55   #8434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
A complete package, this one! Guess he was calling the cemetery to book a spot. Lol!
How stupid can people get?? That rear right wheel might snap anytime. And he is occupying the middle lane!!
Old 24th June 2016, 16:05   #8435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post

How stupid can people get?? That rear right wheel might snap anytime. And he is occupying the middle lane!!
Rear left wheel, actually.
Anyway, if you 'think' about it, being in the middle lane gives him more asphalted room in case something goes wrong, doesn't it?
Old 24th June 2016, 17:24   #8436
Senior - BHPian

Two videos. Same junction. Different times, different nutters :(

Approaching a junction, going right and there's this corolla turning taking a cheeky u turn when there is no right turn/ u turn for him at that junction!

What is surprising to know is that there is a nice spot to turn just a few seconds ahead of this junction for him and yet people choose to break the rules :(

At a junction waiting to go straight. Cop jeep on my right. I assume he is wanting to take the right at the junction. My assumption comes down to the fact that it is a narrow entry into the road going straight. But he squeezes by in front. And taking his cue another government jeep decides to do the same thing and almost hits me!
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 19:14   #8437
CGB
BHPian

All I can think about this when I see this thread
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image.jpeg  

CGB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 20:25   #8438
BHPian

He's not the only one driving on the wrong side there. Everytime i take this road, i can spot atleast 3 people driving on the wrong side. Can be dangerous considering speed limit on this stretch is 100kmph.

It's a one way road at the beginning of this video. Also notice a pack of auto rickshaws and cars blocking the cycle track at 17 seconds marker. Guy in the Accent was busy talking on his cellphone.

hgps is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 19:03   #8439
Senior - BHPian

Found another one, I am literally going to keep a pen and a paper in my car to write these people a message and leave it on their windscreen, There was good amount of space even next to the red accent, So basically 2 cars hogging parking for 4 cars.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-screen-shot-20160627-7.01.58-pm.png
Old 28th June 2016, 00:57   #8440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Found another one, I am literally going to keep a pen and a paper in my car to write these people a message and leave it on their windscreen, There was good amount of space even next to the red accent, So basically 2 cars hogging parking for 4 cars.
I'm not saying what they did was right, but if you look at the pillars in that row of parking, it is slanted, and there is no clear marking indicating how to park. It is easy for many to get mislead or make mistakes in such cases. Secondly, it seems like there is no dearth of parking space in that basement, need you actually get so riled up over this? Rules are one thing but I feel like we should not go about making too much of it in such situations like those overly dramatic strict Hindi teachers we all had in middleschool
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 01:07   #8441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I'm not saying what they did was right, but if you look at the pillars in that row of parking, it is slanted, and there is no clear marking indicating how to park. It is easy for many to get mislead or make mistakes in such cases. Secondly, it seems like there is no dearth of parking space in that basement, need you actually get so riled up over this? Rules are one thing but I feel like we should not go about making too much of it in such situations like those overly dramatic strict Hindi teachers we all had in middleschool

I actually took the picture while walking, So you cant't see the whole area, Like i said there was good amount of space next to the red accent too, So hes hogging place for 2, The guy in the wagon R was just stupid, The whole basement area of that parking lot has cars parked only in one way, And all of them were parked straight or horizontally. Its just common sense actually, I wouldnt park my car according to which way the pillar is slanted, I would rather look how is the space available and other cars parked instead of how the pillar is slanted towards...
Old 28th June 2016, 15:01   #8442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like i said there was good amount of space next to the red accent too, So hes hogging place for 2, The guy in the wagon R was just stupid
Have you considered the fact that the Accent may have come later or that there may have been other cars parked in a similar manner to the WagonR?
Quote:
The whole basement area of that parking lot has cars parked only in one way, And all of them were parked straight or horizontally. Its just common sense actually, I wouldnt park my car according to which way the pillar is slanted, I would rather look how is the space available and other cars parked instead of how the pillar is slanted towards...
I study design and more recently the study of spacial design has had me intrigued. I can show you multiple real life situations where such small factors influence many people. That slanted pillar and the lack of clear parking lines, creates a space for most, that does not conform to what you idea of parking ought to be. Not everyone thinks like you do they are influenced by the smallest factors in their environment.

Lastly, like I said already, there seems to be no dearth of parking space in that basement. Why are you choosing to get so pissed of and idealistic over this? I am sure once the parking lot is filled up and cars are packed together, such instances of bad parking would be fewer.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 28th June 2016 at 15:03.
Old 28th June 2016, 15:55   #8443
Senior - BHPian

Unworthy car on road and whats more? Driver on mobile
Another link:
Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00000750447162

Last edited by msdivy : 28th June 2016 at 15:57.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 16:26   #8444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Have you considered the fact that the Accent may have come later or that there may have been other cars parked in a similar manner to the WagonR?
There was a pillar next to accent too which was pretty faar but another car could not squeez in there, Hence blocking space.

Quote:
Lastly, like I said already, there seems to be no dearth of parking space in that basement. Why are you choosing to get so pissed of and idealistic over this? I am sure once the parking lot is filled up and cars are packed together, such instances of bad parking would be fewer.

Okay its probably just me than who thinks a car should be parked properly in a way that my car parked isn't blocking unnecessary space around regardless of how crowded the parking is. The picture clicked was just opposite to where the entrance of the mall was, Maybe an elderly couple could park near the entrance and use the space which that guy had blocked..Maybe..
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 17:13   #8445
Senior - BHPian

Lots of space does create confusion on how one should orient their car. But the car in question certainly does not fall into confused lot. Some people are plain inconsiderate to others and there are examples galore in this very thread. If we have to give benefit of doubt to WagonR then he must be the first fellow at that mall when it was empty.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed