Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2016, 16:09   #8461
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
It was one of the bad traffic day today for me in the morning. Started at 7:30 AM and reached ECity office at 10:45 AM.
He took a sharp turn to the left inclined space and came forward. In an attempt to push his vehicle ahead of me into the small gap, he thrashed my left OVRM and it was dangling on the wires. The traffic was just about to snarl at this point of time.
That's really sad man, I know one can't help much in such situations. On the brighter side please consider it was just the ORVM and no BIG damage to you or any individual for that matter. Enjoy the Crossover
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 17:51   #8462
BHPian

This photo is dedicated to Ishaanian and ApacheLongBow
Everyday, I get to see such examples of parking. They take up parking space of two cars each, leading to gridlock.... in a parking lot!

This 3 examplesphoto was taken yesterday, when everybody at my company brought their cars. The Nano next to the i20 is mine. Even with a Nano, I couldn't squeeze in.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20160629_165343.jpg  

nijelj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 19:31   #8463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Everyday, I get to see such examples of parking. They take up parking space of two cars each, leading to gridlock.... in a parking lot!

This 3 examplesphoto was taken yesterday, when everybody at my company brought their cars. The Nano next to the i20 is mine. Even with a Nano, I couldn't squeeze in.
In the second photo, is there any thing wrong?. Actually is there enough space to park two vehicles (larger sedans) between the two iron pillars? From the photo, if an Innova is parked perfectly, still there may not be space for a smaller hatch back to squeeze in. I may be wrong. My comment is just based on the photo. Actual scenario may be different.
Old 30th June 2016, 19:56   #8464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly, Its not rarely that we find such nuts, These kind of people are surprisingly good in numbers, Be at parking at the malls, On the roads, Near food hubs, They are there everywhere! I would probably never mind if such scenes were not common but unfortunately its everywhere!
Old 30th June 2016, 23:39   #8465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Everyday, I get to see such examples of parking...
Ah, tell me something new
Quote:
In the second photo, is there any thing wrong?
Actually I've parked comfortably in a similar slot in the same parking lot, next to a... Safari. Okay, both of us couldn't open the rear doors because of the pillars, but it wasn't a squeeze for both the drivers. The bottom line is, you can buy a driving license, but not common sense (and parking skills)
silversteed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 07:24   #8466
BHPian

Quote:
Actually is there enough space to park two vehicles (larger sedans) between the two iron pillars?:
I have to blame my photo taking skills for that. Should have adjusted for parallax there.There is space between the pillars for two larger cars (not Hummers). The problem is that these guys don't park their cars with their co driver doors to the pillars. As a result, they compensate for opening their doors, by parking more to the middle. My grouse is that they are not being considerate of other car owners. The 3 photos are just examples of comparatively lesser mistakes. I have seen days when such guys park their car bang in the middle of the company parking bays. Such a bad way to start the morning.
An example below.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-p_20160526_091834.jpg  

nijelj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 12:04   #8467
BHPian

Tata Zest taxi - PB 01 A 7043

The stupid moron parked his car last night blocking the exit for my friend's Swift, and is nowhere to be found. This is a corner flat, there is ample parking space in front of other idle flats (around 4-5 in number) as well as at the end of the street. But strangely this fellow parked in a way that the Swift can not exit at any cost.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20160701_1150292.jpg

We are proceeding to the security team (and hopefully some bouncers) to sort out this matter.
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 17:01   #8468
Senior - BHPian

The first part of the video is a 'Who is the greater idiot?' sort of situation.. the guy waltzing onto a main road, or the lady who failed to spot him. What should have been a bad owwie situation, thankfully, ended up as a near miss.

The second part is of the 'middle finger flash' I received today morning, all because I refused to jump the red light. The Indica fellow, who needed to make a left right after the signal , cancelled the turn indicator, chased me all the way, blessed me with his 'sign' and then scooted off, lest I chase him (or, so he thought). In his hurry, the poor fellow scared an elderly gent on his scooter and cut the corner too deep, bumping the car quite badly over the kerb. Lol. Grow up soon, lad

schakravarthy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 17:01   #8469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post

The stupid moron parked his car last night blocking the exit for my friend's Swift, and is nowhere to be found. This is a corner flat, there is ample parking space in front of other idle flats (around 4-5 in number) as well as at the end of the street. But strangely this fellow parked in a way that the Swift can not exit at any cost.

We are proceeding to the security team (and hopefully some bouncers) to sort out this matter.
The same had happened once with my friends car when i was there too, We had to atleast move the car back and forth least 10 times to change the angle of the car and then we could finally remove the car, We removed air from all the 4 tyres (As suggested by the locals) of the parked car, I don't know if that was the right thing to do, But well.. Surely that guy would never park his car by blocking someones else's.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 19:25   #8470
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Encountered 2 bad drivers in my path today when returning home this evening:
1. When turning left (free left) from Old Madras road into a cross road, there was a cabbie on right most edge of the cross road wanting to turn right onto Old Madras Road, so he was in my path preventing my left turn. He looked at me like I was the one not following rules. Took a deep breath, kept quiet and waited for him to move on, his face showed the expression of having achieved something great, yeah he made me wait and his ego won, I just let it be and moved on!

2. This takes the cake...
Further ahead I made a left turn into a narrow bylane and found a car stopped at almost 45 degrees to the road with its front end being close to the kerb on right side. I thought someone was struggling to make a turn/U-turn so gave about 5-6 feet space in front just in case the car backed up. After a minute there was absolutely no movement of the car so honked lightly and a cyclist in front gestured that no one is in the car. By this time an impatient autorickshaw guy drives up beside me (right side of the lane) trying to overtake me and came to a screeching halt and puts his hand on his head. I was looking at him in shock and then when I looked ahead I see a lady calmly walking to the car (seemed like a public sector employee from her uniform), she gets in and tries to move ahead. Now I thought she will move to extreme left and then proceed ahead so I stayed put at the same place. She actually moved further to the right, went over the kerb slightly and then stopped the car on the extreme right side of the road. By now all hell broke loose with cars, 2 wheelers, autos and others honking madly. In fact even traffic in front of the car coming in the opposite direction was blocked. The lady did not give a hoot, came out of the car, closed the door and walked back to where she was when I first arrived at that place - guess what...
she was buying bajji's/vadas from a shop there

Last edited by NPV : 1st July 2016 at 19:32.
NPV is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 20:01   #8471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
The first part of the video is a 'Who is the greater idiot?' sort of situation.. the guy waltzing onto a main road, or the lady who failed to spot him. What should have been a bad owwie situation, thankfully, ended up as a near miss.

The second part is of the 'middle finger flash'
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Encountered 2 bad drivers in my path today when returning home this evening:
1. When turning left (free left) from Old Madras road into a cross road, there was a cabbie on right most edge of the cross road wanting to turn right onto Old Madras Road,

2. This takes the cake...

she was buying bajji's/vadas from a shop there
Videos like that make me realize we are a law unto ourselves So many people jumping the red signal.

as for people turning from side roads to main roads or vice versa, they have no clue as to what lane to take to turn. even if you take the right lane to turn you will find an auto or bike trying to squeeze in through the gap.

as for vada lady, sigh hate to admit but again just a sign of growing lack of empathy on roads.

at this rate driving on roads is going to be an impossible affair in the coming years
Old 4th July 2016, 15:10   #8472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post

The stupid moron parked his car last night blocking the exit for my friend's ... We are proceeding to the security team (and hopefully some bouncers) to sort out this matter.

Same incidence happened with me in the company parking. The blocking car did not carried any parking stickers & hence was dificult to track him, to call & request him to move his car. Initiatlly we struggled to take our car out. Then decided to use a trick.

We used the jack to lift the blocking car (SWIFT) & then pushed it in opposite direction, toward the free area; creating more space between the two cars. Even with handbrakes engaged we were able to push the car back to a significant distance so that we can take our car out.

Thought of inflating all the tyres, but decided otherwise. The status in which we left the car (almost perpendicular to original position that he parked it) was sufficient to keep him guessing what happened & probably a lesson to not to park the car in this manner.

Regards,
Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 4th July 2016 at 15:12.
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 15:36   #8473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post

Thought of inflating all the tyres,
Very considerate of you, sir.
schakravarthy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 16:44   #8474
BHPian

In Office parking lot. The car is using 2 adjacent bays and is protruding at least 1 foot into the drive way!
Not the first time I have seen this car parked like this. I hope he/she takes this in good spirit and park correctly.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_1696.jpg

Last edited by freedom : 4th July 2016 at 16:47.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 20:55   #8475
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted at Maddur (Mysore-Bangalore Highway). Not as clear as expected as it is a dashcam grab.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-omni2.jpg

Question: Guess the number of kids in the Omni above. Hint: The visible kids are actually sitting in the boot.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks