Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2016, 13:31   #8506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Expect the challans if your car is KL registered. Never heard of anyone with a non-KL vehicle getting speeding challans from KL speed cams by post.
I do have a speeding challan from Kerala for my KA registered cruze. I saw the challan on their website, but havent paid the fine yet.
Old 14th July 2016, 14:02   #8507
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I do have a speeding challan from Kerala for my KA registered cruze. I saw the challan on their website, but havent paid the fine yet.
I had got a speed violation notice, but again I only found it because I checked the Kerala Police web site. They had marked the vehicle as "Karnataka registration vehicle". They would be unable to send the notice to the KA based address as it would not be available for them. When I saw the speed violation notice, I promptly paid up though.
Old 14th July 2016, 16:45   #8508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
Strike 1 against the moron truck drivers!
I really appreciate your action sir! I have just about had it with these truck drivers, driving in the right lane-that too without functioning brake lights. It is a huge potential hazard.I had a few road rage instances against these type of drivers. Once i had stopped a truck driver for this very act, by parking my car in front of his vehicle.I was the one who got admonished.He said that he was driving in the truck lane and i was the one who was supposed to drive on the left. One of my life long fantasies is to start a youtube channel, capture these types of offences on a dashcam, post the video online and shame the offender in public. But calm, i must be calm!
ankurchaturvedi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 00:19   #8509
CGB
BHPian

At the night, why someone wants sunshade ? That too in drivers side, stuck such a way that he couldn't see the ORVM. He didn't see this side, and on honking he went away
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image.jpeg  

Old 15th July 2016, 11:17   #8510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Expect the challans if your car is KL registered. Never heard of anyone with a non-KL vehicle getting speeding challans from KL speed cams by post.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
I had got a speed violation notice, but again I only found it because I checked the Kerala Police web site. They had marked the vehicle as "Karnataka registration vehicle". They would be unable to send the notice to the KA based address as it would not be available for them. When I saw the speed violation notice, I promptly paid up though.
Today, after going through the above, just out of curiosity, keyed in my car number and BINGO - speed violation on 20-May-2016 . We were returning back to Chennai after the kids summer vacation. Paid up the fine on line.

I suggest that those who frequently visit Kerala in non-Kerala registered vehicles, please check up your vehicle on this site - http://www.payment.keralapolice.gov.in/

My receipt for payment -
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OVER SPEED FINE 20 MAY 2016.pdf (77.9 KB, 417 views)
Old 15th July 2016, 12:25   #8511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
I had got a speed violation notice, but again I only found it because I checked the Kerala Police web site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Today, after going through the above, just out of curiosity, keyed in my car number and BINGO - speed violation on 20-May-2016
Appreciate all you gentlemen on proactively checking for the violation in the Kerala Police website. Since these speed cams have ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition), the speed limit violation will be recorded, but since the Kerala MVD doesn't have access to another state's RTA database, there will not be a challan sent by post
Old 15th July 2016, 13:48   #8512
BHPian

I remember once jumping signal at morning 5 am in Trissur-Cochin highway. Even saw the camera flash from the picture taken ( or am I assuming??). However, today I checked for any violation and voila - none to the registered vehicle.
Old 15th July 2016, 13:53   #8513
Distinguished - BHPian

Speed and signal-violation is such an established technology, and such a revenue raiser too, that I cannot understand why it is not widely implemented in India.

Sadly though, my prediction for Chennai would be that, after installation there would be an initial enthusiasm for collection of fines, followed by not bothering to post anything combined with letting the equipment go unmaintained until it stops working anyway. Whereupon, drivers will quickly forget all about it and the old ways will return.
Old 15th July 2016, 13:53   #8514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
I remember once jumping signal at morning 5 am in Trissur-Cochin highway. Even saw the camera flash from the picture taken ( or am I assuming??). However, today I checked for any violation and voila - none to the registered vehicle.
The camera couldn't recognise the number, perhaps? Our car was once snapped, and the challan arrived by post after 2 weeks. However, the online portal never showed it.
Old 15th July 2016, 14:10   #8515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Most of the cameras in that route don't work. As in, even if it flashes/clicks, you won't find the offence registered. Heard there is some technical problem and maintenance is not done. I think just one of the cameras actually work, in that stretch.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 15:03   #8516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Speed and signal-violation is such an established technology, and such a revenue raiser too, that I cannot understand why it is not widely implemented in India.
Any system in India come with a rider of 'Corruption'.

There were many cases reported right here in our forums of false challans being issued by these traffic systems. And the poor person who received these challans did not have any proof to counter their challans.

I for one am very much against outsourcing such contracts to private players. There has to be a clear demarcation / transparency in the public domain which lacks in our country

Regards
Dieseltuned
Dieseltuned is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 16:30   #8517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
There were many cases reported right here in our forums of false challans being issued by these traffic systems. And the poor person who received these challans did not have any proof to counter their challans.
We get snapshots attached in the memos for signal jumps and here( in Trivandrum) they used to show the video of violation if asked for.
But for overspeeding, we are helpless unless we have a Dashcam with GPS speedometer to cannot prove if their system is faulty.

But now I think the cams have stopped working in numerous places where i have witnessed people jumping signals and the cams not flashing.

Last week, while crossing a junction, the car going infront of us stopped for a few seconds and blocking us. Anyways by that time, the signal had turned red and oncoming traffic started, the car in front of us moved and we managed to get through without causing trouble to the merging traffic. I was expecting a challan even though it was not our fault and hence checked the Kerala Police portal to see any violation reports but was surprised to see none.On a lighter note, the car blocking us in front was some cops in their jeep, confused which way to go.
Old 15th July 2016, 18:21   #8518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
Last week, while crossing a junction, the car going infront of us stopped for a few seconds and blocking us. Anyways by that time, the signal had turned red and oncoming traffic started, the car in front of us moved and we managed to get through without causing trouble to the merging traffic.
My 2 cents: If I understand your statement right, you crossed the signal when in red. Irrespective of someone blocking you when it was Green, please avoid crossing the signal when in red, at least during normal times. You never know what might happen.
Old 15th July 2016, 18:56   #8519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
My 2 cents: If I understand your statement right, you crossed the signal when in red. Irrespective of someone blocking you when it was Green, please avoid crossing the signal when in red, at least during normal times. You never know what might happen.
No it was green when i took off, but could complete crossing because of the jeep in front
Old 16th July 2016, 08:10   #8520
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I was on my bike. I saw a Nano ahead of me had low Tyre pressure in rear left tyre. So I went near the driver side window and told him "Pichhla Tyre puncture hai" (The Rear Tyre is punctured). He said "Pata hai" (I know). I told him "tube kharab ho jayega" (the tube will get damaged). He replied "tubeless hai. Gaadi chalte samay Hawa pane aap bhar jati hai" (it's tubeless.The air gets automatically filled while the car is moving). I was like
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks