Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2016, 23:38   #8866
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

while on the Anchetty ride yesterday, we encountered a Toyota Fortuner which didn't give us space on the road, while on a turn. with very little space, we were almost pushed off the road. he could have dirtied his wheels a bit (which would have been easier for him than us) since he had space on his left - but no, he had to bully us.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-2.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-3.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-4.jpg

c'est la vie.
IronH4WK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 10:37   #8867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
while on the Anchetty ride yesterday, we encountered a Toyota Fortuner which didn't give us space on the road (.. snip snip ..) but no, he had to bully us.
IronHawk, did nt you notice the number 9999, and a TN registered fortuner ?
These jokers will never budge. They have a block in their round heads.
Bet there would have been a flag on the bonnet and a photo of some bum (lit and facing forward) on the dash board.
Glad you are all safe.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 17:44   #8868
BHPian

My tryst with rogue bikers continues. There was this huge half a km long street that is wide and empty and this guy decided to park his bike on the pavement and that too, look where he thought would be a great idea to do so -_-
How did he think I'd get in?
Annoyance level : Over 9000

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1479816830757.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1479816844072.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1479816859471.jpg
saadat1992 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 18:07   #8869
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this guy driving a Camry at NICE road toll on Bangalore just now beside my company cab.
He is watching a movie on his phone with the instrumentation cluster serving as a mobile phone holder.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20161122_18003701.jpeg

Big car miniscule brains!!!
hemanth.anand is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 19:39   #8870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
From the left side. That's the only way you can get in if the bike was neck-locked.

On a serious note, I think he deliberately wanted to annoy you. Is it in your neighborhood ?
Old 22nd November 2016, 19:55   #8871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
From the left side. That's the only way you can get in if the bike was neck-locked.

On a serious note, I think he deliberately wanted to annoy you. Is it in your neighborhood ?
There was a certain RX100 that used to be parked this way, but closer to the wall though and that too I've encountered it 3-4times only.

But like you said, this seems to be a deliberate attempt to annoy me. It is my neighborhood and I park there only if I were to use my car again in a short time.
Old 22nd November 2016, 21:00   #8872
BHPian

Quote:
But like you said, this seems to be a deliberate attempt to annoy me. It is my neighborhood and I park there only if I were to use my car again in a short time.
Do you have an option to report traffic violations via Facebook etc. If so, upload the picture on the relevant portal. Am sure, foothparking parking is illegal in Chennai.
Old 22nd November 2016, 21:32   #8873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Do you have an option to report traffic violations via Facebook etc. If so, upload the picture on the relevant portal. Am sure, foothparking parking is illegal in Chennai.
I do have an option to report this on Chennai traffic police's Facebook page. Thing is that, the bike is Madurai registered. Chennai traffic police usually reply with a "Sorry, this vehicle comes under so and so jurisdiction" if we report a vehicle that has plates bearing other district numbers.
Old 22nd November 2016, 21:55   #8874
BHPian

Quote:
My tryst with rogue bikers continues. There was this huge half a km long street that is wide and empty and this guy decided to park his bike on the pavement and that too, look where he thought would be a great idea to do so -_-
Annoyance level : Over 9000

Attachment 1577628
Attachment 1577629
Attachment 1577630
I've had similar instances of bikes being parked like this. I just take a good look to see if anybody comes to the bike, if not I ask anyone who might have seen the person, like a watchman or fruit/ vegetables vendor. If no one knows whose it is , I move the bike away to create space, might park it a few feet away.
Old 23rd November 2016, 07:56   #8875
Distinguished - BHPian

Now that's the way you merge when you graduate from driving a Water Tanker on yesterday to a Hatchback today morning!

paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 09:36   #8876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Spotted this guy driving a Camry at NICE road toll on Bangalore just now beside my company cab.
He is watching a movie on his phone with the instrumentation cluster serving as a mobile phone holder.

Attachment 1577644

This is becoming a common sight now and surprisingly it is done by private car owners.
The other day I noticed a Eon in slow moving traffic watching a video on his phone which he was holding on the steering with one hand and the other digging his nose. I wish I could have in front of him.
Old 23rd November 2016, 10:30   #8877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

Attachment 1577644

He is trying too hard to get himself in the newpapers
Old 23rd November 2016, 10:46   #8878
Senior - BHPian

Saw a funny incident today. Now there is this junction on Whitefield Main Rd. and there is always a queue of vehicle waiting in the smaller road to join the main road. Today I too was part of this queue, and had around 4 vehicles in front of me. The leader of the queue was a Yellow cab who wanted to take a right turn, and had put on his indicator well in advance. Suddenly I find a Mahindra SUV type vehicle just overtaking all the three vehicles (including me) and standing slightly behind the first cab.

A BMTC bus was on the main road blocking the entry of vehicles from the smaller road. Soon the BMTC bus moved off. The Mahindra SUV driver thought that the route is clear. But the cabbie moved forward in a slow fashion to turn to the right. The SUV was stuck . All the other vehicles behind the cab could now easily move forward and take left turns. When my turn came, I wanted to know who was the idiot driving the SUV. To my surprise it was a woman; a cooling glass & ear phones on both ears. The expression on her face was just priceless!! . But it is these kind of morons who make even other people lose hope in being a patient driver.
Old 23rd November 2016, 11:46   #8879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Now that's the way you merge when you graduate from driving a Water Tanker on yesterday to a Hatchback today morning!
This has become an epidemic really; people use 2+ lanes to merge or turn left. Infact, they'll join the main road, block one lane and keep waiting till the other lane is free to complete the turn! Frustrating if you are the vehicle behind them as well.
Sometimes I wonder if I should stop and show them a magic trick - that their steering wheel can 'turn' more than 90 degrees.
niranjanrvce is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 08:42   #8880
Distinguished - BHPian

Loaded with asbestos sheet but maybe not tied properly.
It is always better to keep a distance from these kind of vehicles which are loaded with stuff that can put us at risk anytime.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-capture3.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-capture2.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks