Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 09:37   #9091
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
The Leaning Tower of Tata
Awesome one-liner, Italy is struggling to keep a stationary Tower from falling and here we have a truck barreling down the country roads at 80 kmph at a tilt.

Apart from the laughs, this is a serious violation, not that its the first time we've seen it, TATA 407's, Mahindra Pik-Ups and even Piaggio Ape's are stacked in ways that deny physics even exists, of course the tragic part is physics does exist and one hard turn is all it takes for it to kick into motion sideways and topple.

My poor arms and face getting scorched in the heat due to lack of sun-films is ok, but overloading trucks, TVS 50's carrying iron pipes and bars and nearly tilting buses and trucks emitting more smoke than an ash plant are completely ignored by the men in white and brown after the green.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 09:46   #9092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
My poor arms and face getting scorched in the heat due to lack of sun-films is ok, but overloading trucks, TVS 50's carrying iron pipes and bars and nearly tilting buses and trucks emitting more smoke than an ash plant are completely ignored by the men in white and brown
See, both you and the truck play an equally important role in the "tamasha" that passes for enforcement of traffic rules.

Saps like you, me (and a good majority of TBHP, I'd think) are held to the letter of most laws, and any infraction means we're pulled up. As soft targets, we help our men in white and khaki meet their official targets.

On the other hand, the average commercial vehicle is also pulled up - either for standard violations, or for simply "existing" on the road (its another matter that any such vehicle will often violate at least one aspect of the law). They key difference being, they help the men in white and khaki meet their personal targets.

Its Monday, forgive me for being cynical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
the men in white and brown after the green.
Reminds me of a sentence I read yesterday in reference to their capitalistic nature: "The only colour Americans love more than red, white and blue is green".

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
The Leaning Tower of Tata
Not the same truck, but I only fear this might be the inevitable end of its journey:

Last edited by arunphilip : 20th March 2017 at 09:49.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 10:10   #9093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Its Monday, forgive me for being cynical!
I'm cynical 366 days per year (leap-year or otherwise).

Quote:
On the other hand, the average commercial vehicle is also pulled up - either for standard violations, or for simply "existing" on the road (its another matter that any such vehicle will often violate at least one aspect of the law). They key difference being, they help the men in white and khaki meet their personal targets.
We all exist to serve the cops, I have to agree. The big difference with commercial vehicles carrying people/construction material/debris is economies of scale which actually helps both the commercial drivers and cops both. Somewhere in the corner of some paper which constitutes the rules of the road, there are clear mentions made of allowed load limits per type of vehicle, be it lorry, truck, commercial pick-ups like Isuzus and Mahindras and goods autos, there are also restrictions that the height of rubble/sand/stone should not exceed the height of the loading doors. This was done in the best interest of the public so that accidents/break-downs are minimized.

Adherence to rules - costs the drivers, it'd mean more trips, more fuel and more time/energy spent. Due to the efficient and seamless agreement with "most" of the enforcers, an agreed-upon rate is exchanged for a free-pass and even if that means carrying 33% extra or all loads finished in 1 trip instead of 2, it means huge savings for the driver. I've also seen factory dispatches being loaded to the outer limits (50-60% above recommended is easily done) and that means 1 trip saved for every two trips, conservatively.

Sometimes weighing the pros and cons of road rules is like playing Russian Roulette.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:35   #9094
Team-BHP Support

Registraton: TS06UB7131
Date: March 23, 2017.
Time: Approximately 11:00 AM
Location: Junction of Whitefield Road with Gachibowli-Miyapur Road.
Landmark: Signature Towers.

Cab driver trying to enter from the wrong side of this important arterial road.
Police must take strict action against such idiots who create nasty gridlocks in already heavy traffic.

Car number is clearly visible at 1:07

bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 13:11   #9095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Registraton: TS06UB7131
Date: March 23, 2017.
Time: Approximately 11:00 AM
Location: Junction of Whitefield Road with Gachibowli-Miyapur Road.
Landmark: Signature Towers.

Cab driver trying to enter from the wrong side of this important arterial road.
Police must take strict action against such idiots who create nasty gridlocks in already heavy traffic.

Car number is clearly visible at 1:07
My salute to you for reminding the cab driver of his wrongdoings in a not so confrontational way
Also, It was nice to notice that the cab driver 'acknowledged' his mistake by reversing and maybe he won't repeat the same.
Things like this you can never expect with a cab driver in namma Bengaluru. It always turns ugly & physical in a couple of minutes.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 13:15   #9096
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
My salute to you for reminding the cab driver of his wrongdoings in a not so confrontational way
Also, It was nice to notice that the cab driver 'acknowledged' his mistake by reversing and maybe he won't repeat the same.
Thanks Ankan.

But the cab driver did not really acknowledge his mistake and reverse.

The driver of the car behind mine had also blocked him.
This idiot knew there was no escape at this point of time and hence moved in the reverse direction. I have a feeling he would have again tried the same stunt as soon as I was out of the junction. So this video has now been linked into the Cyberabad Traffic Police FB page for the next step.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 10:57   #9097
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.. what have we here!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1490419620.105204.jpg

Taking a illegal u-turn at a major junction, are we?
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 14:32   #9098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Hmm.. what have we here!
Is the car sporting genuine LTD sticker?
Old 25th March 2017, 15:01   #9099
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Yes that is the genuine one. URL is seen too.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 16:14   #9100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Yes that is the genuine one. URL is seen too.

It also has the small transparent w3 on the bottom left corner of the rear glass.

Smile, you're on the Bad Drivers thread

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1490438599.898203.jpg
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 22:20   #9101
BHPian

Spotted a few..

Driving backwards

The driver had been sent to the shop across the road to fetch something, car owner was busy on her smartphone.

Missed the exit. So what!

Another crazy scooty rider!

Comes speeding and wants to cut in.

Impatient Delihites.

Hair

Last edited by harsh79 : 25th March 2017 at 22:22.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 23:28   #9102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
Spotted a few..

Driving backwards

The driver had been sent to the shop across the road to fetch something, car owner was busy on her smartphone.

Missed the exit. So what!
Not all of these qualify for being called out as bad drivers. People routinely reverse on the road, he has his hazard lights on and is reversing cautiously. Even the person who missed the exit did not try to cut you off abruptly. He waited patiently for you to make your way.

Last edited by Lalvaz : 25th March 2017 at 23:29.
Lalvaz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 00:19   #9103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Not all of these qualify for being called out as bad drivers. People routinely reverse on the road, he has his hazard lights on and is reversing cautiously. Even the person who missed the exit did not try to cut you off abruptly. He waited patiently for you to make your way.
The next entry was less than 100 metres ahead. 'Routine' and right are two different things altogether. There's no such thing as reversing 'cautiously' into oncoming traffic. It's simply not supposed to be done, there's always an alternate entry further; if not, go around.

The one that missed the exit could've also gone around, it's a matter of a minute or two. I had to flash him repeatedly, only then he stopped.
Old 26th March 2017, 02:10   #9104
Distinguished - BHPian

I think you could go a little easy on one or two of them!

The speeding/cutting-in guy shocked me the most. If that truck driver had touched the brakes he could be dead. I would not have wanted to overtake on one side of the truck when I knew that nutter was doing something crazy on the other.
Old 26th March 2017, 12:50   #9105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I think you could go a little easy on one or two of them!

The speeding/cutting-in guy shocked me the most. If that truck driver had touched the brakes he could be dead. I would not have wanted to overtake on one side of the truck when I knew that nutter was doing something crazy on the other.
There are many such nuts on Hyderabad roads. Mostly those are cabs or young students who seem to be thrilled with such activities.

When I spot such loony guys, I increase speed so that they cannot cut me off, and then slow down beside the slow-moving auto or car for a few seconds so that they are left with no option but to follow. Such morons need such lessons.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks