Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2017, 21:18   #9361
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Incorrigible

This one says "no issue" when told it's a oneway.

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st July 2017 at 07:04.
harsh79 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 08:16   #9362
Distinguished - BHPian

2 in a Minute - A Bad driver followed a rider:

The Dzire upon spotting me gets into left lane and again moves out to overtake another car!

What follows next (around 37s) was simply astonishing and could have easily taken many lives. Notice the Bike move from the left, overtake the LCV for no reason and while he does that, he simply goes in too closer to its tail and then cuts out.

This scene was enough for me to get ready and expect him right in front of me any moment and he rightfully did so. He cuts the LCV on the right lane and jumps back onto the left lane and then the shoulder.

I expected his moves and slowed down much in advance instead of thinking that the bike will either continue on the fast lane or at least check the left lane before switching.
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 07:37   #9363
Distinguished - BHPian

And the tribe keeps increasing....everyone wants to be Rossi but they start looking back when they spot the cops

Check out this rider along with his pillion in the Dashcam video below that I captured this morning as I reached my workplace.

Overtakes when there was on oncoming vehicle and then cuts across like he did here and soon upon spotting a Cop ahead, stops right there and wants to make U-Turn and runaway.

Not this time mate!!

For all that these morons did, I really wanted to give them a piece of mind but I noticed cops were also stationed behind and I just grabbed their attention by moving my car as if I wanted to block them. They were flagged down by the cops standing behind near that truck I passed.

Instant Karma!
paragsachania is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 22:56   #9364
BHPian

It's self roasting time. I'm the bad driver in this instance.

I was returning home with family and I noticed a lorry coming in from a side road to cross to the other side in a divided for lane road. He successfully crossed the right side of the divided road and was creeping up the gap to cross my side of the road as well.

I noticed him well far ahead and I should have let him go. Instead, I don't know what got into me and I hit the accelerator and squeezed in the left lane at high speed with bikes and pedestrians mulling about nearby. Pretty sure lorry slowed down to let me go. Would have been a disaster otherwise. Left my family and me quite shocked and got some earful deservedly.

I drive pretty sedately and defensively most of the time but this is a moment for the wall of shame.
Yieldway17 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 12:26   #9365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I noticed him well far ahead and I should have let him go. Instead, I don't know what got into me and I hit the accelerator and squeezed in the left lane at high speed with bikes and pedestrians mulling about nearby.

I drive pretty sedately and defensively most of the time but this is a moment for the wall of shame.
This happens to everyone of us. Some call it, Satan entry, but I restrict myself to tell that it is merely wrong judgement of the situation.

Whatever it is, It requires real maturity to accept our mistake and publicly post like this. Really appreciate
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 15:01   #9366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
... this is a moment for the wall of shame.
My last mishap was minor, although it called for some tinkering and painting of the car. The damage to my ego was much worse. And that can be a great teacher!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 12:06   #9367
Senior - BHPian

This happened today at JVLR's Powai Plaza signal in Hiranandani, Powai. I was coming from Kanjur marg side & going inside Hiranandani (left turn). This junction is notorious for traffic coming from Hiranandani onto JVLR creating additional lanes by encroaching on wrong side. It was the same today as well. When I took the turn, I was in second lane of traffic going inside. There were already 3-4 lanes formed by traffic on the other side. That left only 2 lanes for the direction in which I was headed. And then, suddenly all of a sudden a Creta decides to create another lane and comes right in front of my Xcent. I stopped in front of him & refused to budge. He got down from his car, came outside my window & started attempts to intimidate me into giving way. "Can't you see I was coming?" was his argument. I stuck to my argument that he was coming on the wrong side. He tried to open my door, but obviously it was locked. He started walking off still blaming me. We then lowered our window and gave him a piece of our mind. Then I don't know what happened to him, he asked whether I am going to reverse or not, I said no. He went back to his car, backed off and passed from my left, even more on the wrong side

By then a small queue of cars had followed this guy. I refused to yield to any of them. Seeing all this, a traffic constable posted on the junction came to solve the matter. He took photos of the offending cars to file e challans & requested me to reverse the car and proceed on my way. There was no point further blocking traffic at the busy junction, hence I decided to accept what he said & moved on.
AkMar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 22:16   #9368
Senior - BHPian

Mods: Not sure if this thread is the right place, please move if needed.

This taxi person is driving with a deployed airbag . There is slight damage on his front bumper.

(He has an Android auto enabled head unit in his car)
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20170712_183137310.jpg  

arjithin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 23:18   #9369
Senior - BHPian

While driving back to Bengaluru from Wayanad on 26 June, I was behind this SX4 (driven by a lady) for sometime. Looking at her driving, I decided to maintain a distance and then we saw this narrow miss while overtaking.

Last edited by airbus : 12th July 2017 at 23:36.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 23:38   #9370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Mods: Not sure if this thread is the right place, please move if needed.

This taxi person is driving with a deployed airbag . There is slight damage on his front bumper.

(He has an Android auto enabled head unit in his car)
May be he is one of those "real" men!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_6769.jpg

Spotted this i20 with Yellow sticker the other day in my hometown.
Old 13th July 2017, 00:57   #9371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
May be he is one of those "real" men!

Spotted this i20 with Yellow sticker the other day in my hometown.
This one's lying! The i20 Asta definitely has 2 airbags
Old 13th July 2017, 10:49   #9372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Probably they had deployed sometime earlier and there is none on the car now!
Old 13th July 2017, 10:53   #9373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Probably they had deployed sometime earlier and there is none on the car now!
Or maybe he never wears seat belts and hence air bags will never deploy!
Old 13th July 2017, 11:25   #9374
BHPian

Wonder what is the point of specially pointing out when a driver is a lady driver. Do we do that for male bad drivers also?

Is this part of the generalization that women are bad drivers? Maybe they are the relatively less experienced/less confident driver due to fact that they generally start to learn later. Women generally will not have freedom in their teens to pick up their parents car and start experimenting. Similar restrictions are there throughout their life where they will generally drive lot less with their partners taking up majority of driving.

We have lot less participation from Women on this forum than Men and I am hoping we are creating environment to get more of them here.
neeravnaik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 12:09   #9375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeravnaik View Post
Wonder what is the point of specially pointing out when a driver is a lady driver. Do we do that for male bad drivers also?
Well if this comment was for the video I posted, I did not generalize. This is a specific example with video evidence. I just pointed that driver was a lady. Otherwise, assumptions might have been that driver was a 'male'. I believe, certain terms are used to indicate male drivers as well.

Last edited by airbus : 13th July 2017 at 12:35.
airbus is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed