Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2017, 22:01   #9526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Maybe he needs to be introduced to the concept of a raincoat or jacket. I am quite surprised you refer to this person as a gentleman.
Sir,
There was no rain during that time. So might be he did not carry/wear the Jacket/raincoat.

I did use the word gentleman to avoid infraction from Mods.

Edit:
This year Rain God has remembered that even Solapur City needs rain.
AFAIK there was negligible Rainfall till last year (for past several years)in our city.
The Water Supply of Municipal Corporation is done every 4 days.
This year, after the Grand Arrival of our Favourite LORD GANESH, the rain is attending our city everyday.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 29th August 2017 at 22:13. Reason: As above.
Old 29th August 2017, 22:24   #9527
Distinguished - BHPian

Where am I going? Should I have taken the last turn? Am I in the right place? Is there more to life than this? What does it all mean?

All valid questions that we should indeed be asking of ourselves from time to time... but do people have to just stop in the middle of the road to meditate on these things?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 22:47   #9528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Just cant understand what these sort of guys think - that there will be no other vehicle on the road when they round the corners ?
Or that by cutting across and saving 5 to 10 metres off each curve they will reach their destination one and a half minute earlier ?
+1

A blockhead on an Omni brushed the front bumper of the Fiesta the other day like that.

Many on road, especially the new drivers/ riders don't know how to take a corner properly. This is true for both main roads as well as pocket roads. On undivided main roads, they carry too much speed for the gear they are in and neither the driver nor the vehicle has the ability to stick to their side of the road. On pocket roads, the motto is to cut the corner as much as possible and honk!! Sigh!

Sometimes I do wonder whether they all watch too much of F1, clipping the apex like that.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 00:07   #9529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Just cant understand what these sort of guys think - that there will be no other vehicle on the road when they round the corners ?
There is a turning where I would be regularly coming from a road like that, my car on the left, and a biker will overtake close to the wall on the right. They can see nothing as they take the right too.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 15:47   #9530
BHPian

I receieved this letter through whatsapp, from the office of the DGP Tamil Nadu, stating that its mandatory now to drive with the original of the driving licence.I guess everyone does, but same is for information.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-letter.jpeg  

sparky@home is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 15:58   #9531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
I receieved this letter through whatsapp, from the office of the DGP Tamil Nadu, stating that its mandatory now to drive with the original of the driving licence.I guess everyone does, but same is for information.
But, why is the letter not in the Government letter Head ? To add, there is no Government Seal for the officer signature.

Therefore, for me, Looks like this is fake. If this was real, this would have made a big news in news papers by now since 90% of people today carry xerox with gazetted signature OR colour xerox with plastic lamination.

Last edited by gkveda : 30th August 2017 at 16:17.
Old 30th August 2017, 16:13   #9532
BHPian

This was sent by someone who runs a driving school, so I don't know about the origin. But I do know the cops are really leaning on the traffic violators with a stick.
Old 30th August 2017, 18:56   #9533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
But, why is the letter not in the Government letter Head ? To add, there is no Government Seal for the officer signature.

Therefore, for me, Looks like this is fake. If this was real, this would have made a big news in news papers by now since 90% of people today carry xerox with gazetted signature OR colour xerox with plastic lamination.
This is from an article in indian express, same is self explanatory. The rule is in force.
http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...r-1646999.html
sparky@home is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 11:04   #9534
BHPian

Funny Incident today, at the same time I failed to understand his Emergency.

A white Fortuner was rushing past in hiffy jiffy way on the BETL. I also gave him pass when I got the chance and he sped away. Found him ahead of me at EC-II Fastag entry few minutes later.
He was behind two buses and in hurry, he did not wait for the boom gate to open after the bus and hit it forcing open (the position it remain when opened manually). I had to wait after him for the Toll staff to bring it back. Staff was equally bewildered and upset and shouted as the guy sped away after hitting the barrier. I asked him if he noted the number, he said yes but not sure if he will complain.
The barriers open very late for me as well so cannot tell if he hit it before opening or just forced his entry.

The number ended with 1699 or 1799. I hope it was really an urgent situation for him or he was a Bad Driver.
Old 1st September 2017, 11:23   #9535
BHPian

I saw a bad ambulance driver today morning.

I was on the way to work and just before the Golibar maidan traffic signal an ambulance (a big one - tempo traveler) was merrily trudging alongside me. Once we got to the signal, dont know what happened to the ambulance driver, he first started honking. There was only one car ahead of him.

When the car ahead hesitated in moving since the signal was still red, the ambulance driver turned on the siren which got the car moving immediately. As the ambulance was turning, I had a look inside and it was empty. And as soon as he passed the signal, the siren was turned off. So the ambulance driver only used the siren to get past a red signal even when he was in no hurry.

Now I am of the opinion that always give way to an ambulance since we never know if he is responding to a call. But this one was in no hurry before or after the signal. Just using the siren to run a signal.
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 11:46   #9536
BHPian

There are 2 in this picture. One car that does no wish to drive through a small pothole with water and a bike that does not wish to wait and prefers to ride through that pothole!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-criss-cross.jpg  

swissknife is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 12:29   #9537
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Got this as a whatsapp forward with details of TN police detaining travelers without original DL.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd September 2017 at 12:15. Reason: Deleting attachment as it has been put up in an earlier post
Old 1st September 2017, 12:40   #9538
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Got this as a whatsapp forward with details of TN police detaining travelers without original DL.
This rule is not new. DL is supposed to be carried in original, when driving. But in many places police used to be lenient on this, because even they know the impracticality in doing this (our DL was a book earlier, which would get ruined if taken out during rains etc.). In Kerala, the driving license is just a laminated colour paper (not even a proper card).
Old 1st September 2017, 14:38   #9539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
There are 2 in this picture. One car that does no wish to drive through a small pothole with water and a bike that does not wish to wait and prefers to ride through that pothole!
Sorry for going OT -

Hi Swissknife - Is that Defense Colony, Ekkatuthangal?
Old 1st September 2017, 14:57   #9540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
There is a turning where I would be regularly coming from a road like that, my car on the left, and a biker will overtake close to the wall on the right. They can see nothing as they take the right too.
I, too, get many of those idiots and sometimes wish that these guys should go crash onto the car coming from the opposite side, but then I dont wish too hard, coz sometimes it might be my car coming in from the opposite end when this idiot is trying his stunt at some other corner.

Here is an example. Even lady riders are no saints.
The video starts with 2 cops standing on the already narrow road.
At 00:00:15'15'', the lady squeezes in between, and would have been followed by a guy, but I started to move forward and cut him short. This is the guy who overtakes at 00:00:29.
I did not trim the video, since it was that saved video of only 1 minute. Enjoy the music. Courtesy - Youtube, to mask the expletives rendered out freely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
And both go on the wrong sides of their respective ways, both happy and both not having to abuse each other for driving / riding on the wrong side.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed