Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2017, 10:24   #9571
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
--
father had a helmet on and was also carrying another one in his hand. I really don't understand what makes these people not wear them ?
--
When I see such scenes on the road I wonder, why would someone not wear a helmet rather then hook it on their arm:

1. If there is an accident, of course the helmet will not protect the head.
2. Highly probable it will also snap the hand bone it is hooked around during impact. The outright stupidity which the Indian public displays on our roads on a daily basis is shocking and appalling.

Is it really that cool and fashionable to not wear a helmet and have it hooked on ones arm. Instead just leave it at home -- the head is anyways going to get impacted, might as well save your hand.

Are people actually that stupid. ?
asingh1977 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 10:50   #9572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Speaking technical and law with such *******s wont help. Rather play the emotional card and tell him that if his car has an airbag and if it accidentally deploys it could kill his child. These guys dont have the brains to think beyond ego and emotions. Hence, trying to make them understand safety and rules will just tickle their ego.
Good thought but I doubt if even this would work. Guys who do this generally roam about with the attitude "Nothing will happen to me" and "I am invincible", unless, god forbid, something unforeseen happens. Even then their reaction would be "It was not my fault"
arvind71181 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 11:26   #9573
BHPian

This person was talking on the phone while taking a right turn and was also looking elsewhere and not where he was headed.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-talking-cell-phone-when-driving.jpg  

swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 12:13   #9574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
This person was talking on the phone while taking a right turn and was also looking elsewhere and not where he was headed.
I should probably check the thread for Accidents in pics to see what happened next?!
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 12:23   #9575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
Now, she is a very decent, gentle lady, but with no clue whatsoever about parking, or driving for that matter, etiquette.
And this is the precise problem too. We have many nicely behaved folks who dont know what to do with vehicles they drive. The aim seems to be to learn the craft by doing it. This is precisely what a license giver needs to prevent. But learning on the job is considered a virtue I guess.
Old 12th September 2017, 12:27   #9576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I should probably check the thread for Accidents in pics to see what happened next?!
He almost hit a motorcyclist, on my right, who wasn't patient enough to wait, as I did. The motorcyclist however managed to stop close to me on the right. Hence nothing for the "Accidents" page this time.
Old 12th September 2017, 12:36   #9577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Nothing happens to these morons.
Today morning, a guy in Thar took turn from ORR into HSR happily talking on phone after the signal turned red and 2 cars including mine were already into the intersection and he blocked us. And no we did not rush into the signal. The Ertiga in front of me was a sedate driver as well and moved only after few seconds after the lights turned green.

All frustration are our rights while they drive carelessly on the roads.
Old 12th September 2017, 13:01   #9578
BHPian

A Chandigarh policeman was suspended for allegedly slapping a man who filmed him talking on the phone while riding a bike. A video of head constable Surinder Singh slapping the local went viral on social media. He was allegedly not even wearing his helmet properly. When the local pointed out the traffic violation, the cop allegedly slapped him. https://goo.gl/DwJ6kz

sparky@home is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 15:19   #9579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
A Chandigarh policeman was suspended for allegedly slapping a man who filmed him talking on the phone while riding a bike.
The cop needs to be punished severely for such acts. It is not just a case of violating traffic rules (riding while talking on the phone, not wearing a helmet properly, at the least) but for assaulting someone.

I sincerely hope that the rider of the bike was not the one who took the video since that person would have been riding unsafe as well - shooting a video while riding!
Old 12th September 2017, 15:26   #9580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
A Chandigarh policeman was suspended for allegedly slapping a man who filmed him talking on the phone while riding a bike. A video of head constable Surinder Singh slapping the local went viral on social media. He was allegedly not even wearing his helmet properly. When the local pointed out the traffic violation, the cop allegedly slapped him.
This is like the deaf asking the dumb to speak louder as he can not hear anything.

The guy on the scooter also is using his mobile, not to talk, but to film the act of the policeman. And in the bargain, rides his scooter with one hand, filming the policeman and his motorcycle with the other and rides fast too, to catch up with the policeman.
And by what it looks like, for the policeman to slap our man, he, too, would not have been wearing a helmet.

Kudos to the Chandigarh SP for immediately suspending the cop and his driving license.

Last edited by CAPTAIN REX : 12th September 2017 at 15:27.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 15:45   #9581
BHPian

Saw this car parked like this at DLF, Chennai, today.
1. Cars are asked to be parked facing outwards so that they can be removed quickly in an emergency
2. I wonder why this person parked so close to the wall while there is sufficient room on the other side.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-crazy-parking.jpg  

Old 12th September 2017, 16:03   #9582
BHPian

Quote:
....2. I wonder why this person parked so close to the wall while there is sufficient room on the other side.
How did he get out? From the passenger door?
Old 12th September 2017, 16:16   #9583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
How did he get out? From the passenger door?
Or he could walk through the walls like X-Men.

Seriously that's one bad driver. Why would one jeopardize his own entry in the car?
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 16:42   #9584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Why would one jeopardize his own entry in the car?
Nothing essentially wrong with this. Parking in a very narrow street, for instance, may require not allowing door-opening space. Of course, best let the passenger out first, and then park with that door right up against the wall. But sometimes it happens that we have to take a parking spot where the wall is close, or the kerb too high on the driver side. This is not, in itself, bad driving. We are only inconveniencing ourselves. And that only because modern cars are built so that it is difficult to slide across to the other seat.

In one ultra-high-parking-density Chennai location, a few years ago, I had to get back into my car through the hatch!

On the other hand, in a car park where drivers are asked/required to park facing out, then they should be. Some find that manoeuvre difficult. Personally, I have always preferred to back in and drive out, whether required or not.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 12th September 2017 at 16:46.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 16:59   #9585
BHPian

Quote:
I wonder why this person parked so close to the wall while there is sufficient room on the other side.
I normally give the other driver lot of space because of fear that he might accidentally bang into my door when he gets in or out. I can mange to open the door slowly without touching the other car/or pillar in the parking and can squeeze out. Slim profile helps me. But the other person may or may not be careful enough for a dent/scratch on his or my car.

I have seen my friends and brothers park very close to other car and walls in Delhi.

Last edited by vidyanand : 12th September 2017 at 17:00. Reason: changes
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks