Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2017, 22:19   #9661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Why did you give in? Cops are big cowards. They dont raise their voice at guys who they think would fight back. Anyways if you are in your early twenties and have a boyish personality, they get more confident intimidating you.
Well I don't know any Kannada at all so when I speak to the cops in Hindi they tend to get pissed off by that itself. I've observed that Bangalore cops treat me well if I'm in a car and all dressed up but if I'm in shorts and a funky t-shirt, on the way to my girlfriend's place or to play football, on my bike, they get very cocky.

Quote:
As for the action cam, get SJCAM SJ4000. I use it. Its pretty decent and vfm too. 6000 rupees iirc. It shoots 30fps videos and battery lasts for 90 minutes to 100 minutes for a single charge. Very easy to use too.
Thanks 6000 seems like good value. Definitely going to check this out.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 22:35   #9662
PAS
BHPian

Quote:
Why did you give in? Cops are big cowards...

Obviously, they don't want any legal cases against them and are scared of someone raising complaint to their station in charge or higher up. These guys will first asses the situation, if they feel confident they will intimidate. Its usually the Sr. guys who are scared of loosing their reputation. I have had few good exp dealing with Inspector, Sr. Inspector etc. however dealing with the constables etc is just horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
...This is the first time that I have had to concede like this ...
What you did was indeed good. Such things can take ugly tun in no time, we never know which direction it would have turned into. I am saying this from my several past experiences of getting into road rage.
PAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 07:53   #9663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is the first time that I have had to concede like this and ever since I have been genuinely pissed off.
It is incidents like these that reminds us about one thing, that we need to be home near our beloved ones, safe and sound.

Happened in Bangalore only 2 days back.

Quote:
Rowdy killed techie over road rage, held

Police have arrested a history-sheeter for the murder of a 25-year-old software engineer.

Police arrested Karthik for killing Pranay Mishra on Tavarekere Main Road in Madiwala early on Monday morning. Police shot Karthik in the leg when he got violent and tried to attack them.

Mishra, from Bhubaneswar, Odisha, was a resident of Suddaguntepalya near BTM Layout. He came to Bengaluru in 2014 and was working as a software engineer with an IT firm.

Police said Mishra accidentally hit a bike used by Karthik and another person named Arun on Tavarekere Main Road which led to an argument. Karthik and Arun demanded Rs 500 from Mishra who refused to pay up and rode off.

Karthik followed Mishra, waylaid him and stabbed him.

Police traced the suspect through the footage of a CCTV camera on a cellular phone tower. The police caught him when he was waiting near Huskur Gate.

When police tried to nab him, Karthik started throwing stones, injuring a policeman. At this point, police fired at him and managed to nab him, but Arun escaped.

DCP(Southeast) M B Boralingaiah said preliminary probe showed it was a road rage that led to the attack. There are cases of murder, robbery and break-in against Karthik. Police are looking out for Arun.
Sometimes you never know who you are dealing with on roads.

Source
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 12:40   #9664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
This biker seems to have been a little too inspired by 'Bahubali'
Image captured on an inter-town road near Vijayawada. People like these can be found anywhere and everywhere, making it even more necessary for us to be doubly careful while driving!!
For me, it looks like, he is carrying now, and after few minutes/hours or days, it will carry him
Old 13th October 2017, 11:38   #9665
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks 6000 seems like good value. Definitely going to check this out
I myself use the SJ4000, but the SJ5000 is even more better and is much newer.., with firmware upgrades too. Two of my teammates, our Director and another friend have SJ5000, all recommended by me. There are other SJCAM models too in the same price range. If you have friends or teammates visiting China or Taiwan, try to get it from there. It'll work out far cheaper. I paid 4800 odd for mine in 2015. Got it from my friend who visited Taiwan. So, things will surely be cheaper even today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Sometimes you never know who you are dealing with on roads.
If one has a DashCam and has enough patience to take the legal direction, it is best to bend your head during the situation to avoid injury and later, bring the culprit to their knees where it really matters. The world works on proofs and the more you have, the better it is for you. We've done it in the past.
vnidta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 20:30   #9666
BHPian

It has become very common to see cars changing lanes without indicators and importantly without judging the speed of the vehicles in the other lane.

I was driving at around 50 kmph (speed limit for cars 60kmph) on ORR towards Prestige tech park when a figo driver decided to change lanes without indicators. Though its common, sharing it here because the driver was a team bhp fan/ member. Multiple Team-BHP stickers were in his car.

We team-bhpians here discussing about cars, technology, driving tips and safe driving practices. It will be good if we team bhpians promote safe driving to others by following it on the road.

ravimathi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 20:39   #9667
BHPian

Have been witness to several careless blokes, but the below two incidences take the cake. I'm sure that their guardian angels are working overtime.

1. Location Pune: Place : Abhimanshree road heading towards pashan road
There is this young bloke on his active, as usual no helmet. But the Pièce de résistance is that the was driving cross legged, yes, true, one leg crossed over the other. Secondly, as is the case with these blokes, his head was held at an acute angle cradling a mobile phone.

2. Location Pune, Place : Baner Road:
Today, again the rain gods have been generous and the skies opened up for an hour, bring with it the joy of rain followed by the pain of traffic. There was this SUV driver (could not see the make), suddenly open his door bang in the centre of the road to do what most people in Pune do (copious discharge from the mouth).

Just thankful that nothing serious happened because, he was in the middle of the road, and the traffic was fairly fast. Secondly, for an instant or two he had put his head out of the vehicle and bent low to discharge the phlegm.

On a day to day basis, punekars are ditching their civic, common and other senses. I guess just a tag of Smart City is not going to help
Old 14th October 2017, 21:37   #9668
Distinguished - BHPian

So this dad is a doctor!

Talk about ignorant literates!

People dont deserve sunroofs, for this stupid thing that they always do.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-wp_20171014_14_53_02_pro.jpg  

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 14th October 2017 at 21:39.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 23:10   #9669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimathi View Post
....Though its common, sharing it here because the driver was a team bhp fan/ member. Multiple Team-BHP stickers were in his car.
Completely agree with you. I too have seen a few cars with Team-BHP stickers driven rashly or not following the traffic rules. If you are a team-bhp fan/member it should be your first responsibility to follow traffic rules and set an example for others on the road.

On a side note, I think I have seen this Figo in my office parking inside Cessna Business Park.
jayantvs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 00:27   #9670
BHPian

I own Audi so this road belongs to me, move aside. Just another day here in Pune. Change lanes like there is no tomorrow, indicators are for poor people.

Last edited by Engine_Roars : 15th October 2017 at 00:29.
Engine_Roars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 09:26   #9671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimathi View Post
I was driving at around 50 kmph (speed limit for cars 60kmph) on ORR towards Prestige tech park when a figo driver decided to change lanes without indicators. Though its common, sharing it here because the driver was a team bhp fan/ member. Multiple Team-BHP stickers were in his car.
To be fair to him, I think he did use his indicators in the previous lane change (visible right at the start of the video), you can see the small indicator on the fender. Maybe he forgot to do it on the next lane change.
But yes, ideally he should've waited to let you pass and then made the change.
Rohan24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 13:58   #9672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
But yes, ideally he should've waited to let you pass and then made the change.
That guy wouldn't know "ideally" if he hit it --- and the way he drives, hitting something/somebody soon is very likely.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 17:02   #9673
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Forgive & forget every bad driver spotted so far, as today I spotted none else but "Ministry of Road Transport & Highways" joining 'the bad drivers' club.

Which lane is this white Innova sticking to? Lane driving seems an alien concept.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20171015_094848745.jpg

Not enough? Can you figure out, the driver is busy talking on his cell while driving.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20171015_094853378.jpg

Still not enough? The left brake light is malfunctioning. The vehicle isn't being maintained well either. Stickers look perfect though.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20171015_094856358.jpg

Disclaimer: The intention of this post is limited to sharing the facts as noticed. It is nowhere intended to offend any organization, department, government, political party and/or political or non-political person.

Cheers & do drive safe!

Last edited by Nohonking : 15th October 2017 at 17:05. Reason: typo check
Nohonking is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 10:42   #9674
Senior - BHPian

Yet another instance of an auto guy trying to reach everywhere faster. The santro and the bike guy both were slowing down on seeing someone try to cross the road. This guy was right behind them but still chose to ignore the slowing down. Somehow, no one got hurt. When will they learn??

On top of that he was even arguing with the bike guy

arvind71181 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 20:03   #9675
BHPian

Callous car driver delays ambulance with breathless child for 15 minutes | Video...

Read more at: http://english.manoramaonline.com/ne...ess-child.html

darklord is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks