Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2017, 05:40   #9676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Callous car driver delays ambulance with breathless child for 15 minutes | Video...
The guy played with the life of the baby by blocking the Ambulance for a good 5 KMs. Mind you this happened in literacy boasting Kerala.
What is pathetic is that the maximum punishment for this offence is a fine of Rs.1,000/-
rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 07:47   #9677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Callous car driver delays ambulance with breathless child for 15 minutes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
What is pathetic is that the maximum punishment for this offence is a fine of Rs.1,000/-
The owner was arrested yesterday and the car is under custody. The pic below was taken at the Police station.

News report the driver's license will also get suspended.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-capture.jpg

Thankfully, the baby is recovering well.

source

Last edited by deetjohn : 20th October 2017 at 07:57. Reason: Adding news link.
deetjohn is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 11:44   #9678
Team-BHP Support

The Ecosport driver is likely to have his driving license revoked. And his version is that he was actually clearing the way for the ambulance!

Details here
vb-saan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 11:58   #9679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The Ecosport driver is likely to have his driving license revoked. And his version is that he was actually clearing the way for the ambulance!

Details here
I knew this was coming. Weird!
I hope these guys do penalize the driver and not fall for the usual "paper" trick.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 15:41   #9680
BHPian

Another compilation of bad Drivers who should have their licenses suspended ideally.

* This happened yesterday, was about to park in front of that Indica to pick up my parents standing outside the metro station. This two wheeler guy with his entire family onboard is coming in the wrong way. I had my left indicator on and going by his path thought he will continue on my right side while suddenly he decides to go in the small gap between my car and the Indica, in the process he missed both our ORVMs. To top it off his entire family gave me the death stare.

* Well this Dzire cabbie was in such a hurry that he decided to take a chance with crossed fingers hoping his car does not hit mine.

* The deadlier version of MTC bus service is the MTC small bus service. Crazy Drivers manning the entire fleet, this is not the first time I have experienced such callous driving. The Alto coming in the opposite lane was dead sure the bus was gonna ram him.

* This guy was confident of his driving that he did not even bother to wait for a second and just missed scratching both our bumpers by millimeters.

* Lady on the scooty with the kid is in a hurry, but that worked out for her because that bus driver did not even notice her. Just missed rear ending that scooty by millimeters.

* That BMW Sales guy looked like he would have lost a customer had he not been in a hurry.

Last edited by Shanksta : 20th October 2017 at 16:08.
Shanksta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 21:43   #9681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Another compilation of bad Drivers who should have their licenses suspended ideally.
Hi Shanksta,

Thanks for sharing this resourceful compilation . I am rather happy to see how much sensibly do you drive while being so patient and letting 'the unfortunates' barge in your way. Please continue to drive like that. We need more sensible, patient, big hearted and forgiving drivers like you on our roads!

The thing is affording an automotive is so damn easy today that anyone irrespective of any clause can have one:

- The people who used to ride bicycles have graduated to motorbikes, yet the mindsets are still riding bicycles. So ok to ride on the wrong sides, avoid U-turns, cross/turn anywhere including riding on the footpaths and jumping off the medians.

- The once upon a time rickshaw pullers have graduated to auto-rickshaws, but their mindsets are still riding cycle rickshaws. So ok for them to stop anywhere, turn any direction randomly, take the zig-zag lane.

- Who used to drive auto-rickshaws have graduated to become cabbies of today. Many are not even well educated. Besides opening their doors while driving to spit here & there, they think their cab will get through the narrow spaces just like an auto-rickshaw and let the other guy defend himself. Just today morning I happened to spot 3 cabbies collided with each other while errantly changing their lanes on just before a flyover on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway. Their cabs were badly damaged and then they were fighting.

- The bus driver seems to have been graduated from a cabbie, unmindful of the larger size of his bus. So ok for him to squeeze in between.

- Discipline is a far off term. Getting a driving license is way too easy.

- Moreover, its always the mistake of the one who is richer(and driving a bigger vehicle) on the road. God forbid, had you been hit by that wrong-sided motorcyclist, people around would have questioned you than him. That's the masses!

- Patience on the roads has almost vanished. Everyone is in a rush. Add on to that is mobile menace. Free/cheap calling rates is a booster to this, that people are engaged talking while driving. Huh!

By the way, nice dash cam! Which model/brand is this? Do you mind sharing as I am looking for a descent one for my cars. Thanks in advance.

Cheers & do drive safe!
Simmi

Last edited by Nohonking : 20th October 2017 at 21:52. Reason: typo check
Nohonking is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 23:14   #9682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Hi Shanksta,

I am rather happy to see how much sensibly do you drive while being so patient and letting 'the unfortunates' barge in your way. Please continue to drive like that. We need more sensible, patient, big hearted and forgiving drivers like you on our roads!
Hi Nohonking, thank you for those kind words. But I must confess that the toughest thing for any sane driver on the road is to avoid reacting to bad drivers. I usually give a long 3-4 second honk if I get irritated, which the offender does not even care for.

It has been 5 years since I turned 18 and got my license. For the first 2+ years I used to react to such poor driving(only verbally to myself, no confrontation). But over time and after a couple of unnecessary verbal incidents that spoilt my mood for the day, I have mellowed down and just laugh it off.

Quote:
The thing is affording an automotive is so damn easy today that anyone irrespective of any clause can have one:

menace. Free/cheap calling rates is a booster to this, that people are engaged talking while driving. Huh!
Yes all your points are valid. With all the great schemes we have on loans and large disposable incomes everyone is able to afford a vehicle and a powerful one at that.

The problem lies not just with being able to procure a license easily but also the driving institutes through which many learn(improperly) and get their license.

Most of them teach their students wrong rules and ways of driving . Just yesterday I saw a driving instructor applauding his student while he barged into the opposite lane to make a completely blind right turn in a Santro. Imagining, what if a two wheeler rider had taken a left from the road the car was turning into gave me goosebumps.

Quote:
By the way, nice dash cam! Which model/brand is this? Do you mind sharing as I am looking for a descent one for my cars. Thanks in advance.
It is the Xiaomi MiJia Car DVR. You can find my review of the same in this link.

Last edited by Shanksta : 20th October 2017 at 23:37.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 23:34   #9683
BHPian

This was this Wednesday. The lady driving the Q3, drove well, but had someone's body sticking out. She kept driving like this for a good 10 mins, till I had to turn away.

My daughter meanwhile in her car seat asked me why she can't do that. I painfully made her understand (1) her father does not have the moolah to buy that car but more importantly (2) loves her too much to put her in danger.

PS. Aren't there any rules against this (except commonsense)? She passed by a group of traffic police that are almost permanently stationed near Byapanahalli Metro and they didn't even bat an eyelid!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-driver.jpg  

Last edited by pratyush6 : 20th October 2017 at 23:35.
pratyush6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 00:02   #9684
BHPian

I left a little gap on my right because sometimes two wheelers join the traffic at this junction. Seeing that gap this gentleman used the opportunity to overtake and go ahead, I had no other option but to move towards left. There is a narrow road ahead which allows only one vehicle at a time.

Traffic policeman not wearing a helmet.
Though I appreciate the BTP's efforts in maintaining traffic in the city in all conditions but being a cop they should be leading by example. Also notice towards the end of the video there is another cop who is challaning bikers for not wearing a helmet.

Old 21st October 2017, 11:26   #9685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
* The deadlier version of MTC bus service is the MTC small bus service. Crazy Drivers manning the entire fleet, this is not the first time I have experienced such callous driving. The Alto coming in the opposite lane was dead sure the bus was gonna ram him.

* That BMW Sales guy looked like he would have lost a customer had he not been in a hurry.
Too many close calls in that video. Really hate when people take the wrong direction to save fuel and time. Had seen a lot of these during my college days in Chennai.

MTC can edit that board on the bus - "Small Bus, Small Brain". And run this clip as their ad .
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 11:36   #9686
Senior - BHPian

Saw these morons wheeling on NICE road yesterday. Raised a complaint on BTP Public Eye, one cannot paste the link/anything into their description box. Painfully typed whole URL that too could not include colon ( : ).

Tweeted them the link, hope they take action.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 21st October 2017 at 11:37.
SunnyBoi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 00:20   #9687
BHPian

I cannot understand what exactly goes on inside the heads of such morons.

I have a habit of checking my mirror very very often and that saved my car from bruises and whatever these morons would have suffered. I saw them in my mirrors and knew they were not going to make it, and braked hard. Why couldn't this moron see it? What exactly did they think was going to happen if I had not seen them and just proceeded as I already was without braking? I just don't understand the blatant disregard that intelligence is given in this country.

esoticoreventon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 01:01   #9688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Saw these morons wheeling on NICE road yesterday. Raised a complaint on BTP Public Eye, one cannot paste..
Have witnessed this buffoonery myself,a regular occurrence on the NICE Road,apparently.

Would be wiser for one to hold back/slow down considerably, to allow these imbeciles to either pull away or spill their deficient brains,all over the asphalt!
Old 22nd October 2017, 10:17   #9689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
they didn't even bat an eyelid!
In India it is understood that the sun-roof is only meant for this type of application. I have told many people, that a sun-roof is not meant to be stood up in -- get a "are you nuts" look. Why buy such an expensive variant then..? What more to reply.
asingh1977 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 18:39   #9690
Senior - BHPian

Two samples in the same picture:

1. While overtaking, I had to give enough clearance from the bicycle fearing that child might fall

2. Motorcycle on wrong side of the road and the rider without helmet.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-2017_1016_160641_004.jpg  

Last edited by airbus : 23rd October 2017 at 18:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks