Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2017, 21:44   #9691
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
I cannot understand what exactly goes on inside the heads of such morons.

I have a habit of checking my mirror very very often and that saved my car from bruises and whatever these morons would have suffered. I saw them in my mirrors and knew they were not going to make it, and braked hard. Why couldn't this moron see it? What exactly did they think was going to happen if I had not seen them and just proceeded as I already was without braking? [/url]
These morons would have gone away thinking that it was their superb driving ability that got them through
Old 26th October 2017, 19:26   #9692
BHPian

Reckless driving by a woman in Hyderabad caught on camera. Fellow road users tried to warn her but in vain.

Irony about this incident is a traffic cop has witnessed the entire scene yet police department wants someone to file a complaint to take any legal action.

Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 19:41   #9693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Reckless driving by a woman in Hyderabad caught on camera. Fellow road users tried to warn her but in vain.

Why are multiple bikers hounding the lady?

Last edited by theMAG : 26th October 2017 at 21:39. Reason: Trimmed quoted post in the best interests of readability.
carbookie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 03:34   #9694
BHPian

Quote:

Irony about this incident is a traffic cop has witnessed the entire scene yet police department wants someone to file a complaint to take any legal action.
From the looks of the video she seems to be angry only at the guy in the red sweater in the Activa.

A coin has two sides.

Going by the comments on the video, apparently the guy on the Activa was going the wrong way and in the process hit her car. She retaliated asking him to ride properly, to which this guy got angry took a U-turn, blocked her car caught her by the collar and told her being a woman she has no right to teach him (in a more abusive way and threatening her of physical harm).

He also tried pulling her out of the car to which she got wild and it is why she keeps screaming,"How dare you?".

Granted her trying to run him over and in the process endangering the other motorists on the road was extremely incorrect.

But if the above story that I read commented by multiple people on that YouTube video is true, then what has to be done to such cheap beings like this activa guy.

Anyway I don't believe the news clip since they project the content as they want to.

MODS I feel the above posts including mine belong in the Road rage thread.

Last edited by Shanksta : 27th October 2017 at 03:37.
Shanksta is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 09:25   #9695
BHPian

Quote:

Knowing how people drive (in the opposite lane) here in Hyderabad, I would give the benefit of the doubt to the lady in this case. In the video you can hear her telling the traffic cop that the guy on the Activa tried to open her door. Though driving recklessly is totally avoidable, bikers swarming a car is more than enough to cause panic to anyone, irrespective of the gender. She might have even left the comfort of her car on seeing the traffic police on the road. It's totally worrisome to see how bikers and onlookers suddenly gang up against a car driver in most cases and worse, the media making this a news and commenting about it without even checking the facts. You forward a random WhatsApp video to these media houses and that's their loop video for the next day.
jayded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 10:48   #9696
BHPian

Quote:
I'm sure it seems that way initially, but I saw a couple of re-runs of video and that lady was sure as hell mad at the red jacket guy. Even though the entire chain of events is regrettable, I can't help but say that she had some serious guts to take them on. Those idiots on bike joined and tried to intimidate her. And more than one of them got around to give her some piece of their mind. Not acceptable on their part, she may have been wrong but harassing a woman knowing that they will escape without being identified is even worse. I really felt bad for the lady because more than one bikers tried to get close and even manhandle her. This was really bad and I hope she didn't get hurt or anything in this melee.

Edit: If its true that he threatened to rape her (as per comments in you tube), then he should be hunted down and booked for outraging modesty of woman. She really gave it back to him, fair and square.

Last edited by lordvader : 27th October 2017 at 10:56.
lordvader is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 12:42   #9697
BHPian

Just to add more news information on the above incident -

Furious car chase by woman in Hyderabad goes viral

Quote:
A video showing a young woman driving in a furious mood and trying to block a man on a motorbike went viral on social media here on Thursday. Police later booked a case against her.

The video shows the woman, driving a Volkswagen car, chasing and trying to block a man on a bike, and in between, manages to corner him before abusing him earlier in the day. In the process, traffic came to a standstill on the busy stretch between Punjagutta and Begumpet.
While the article has more details, it seems to indicate what a few have hypothesized - the lady was after the guy in the red jacket (for whatever unknown reason). In pursuit of him, she apparently drove rashly endangering other motorists.
Old 27th October 2017, 13:19   #9698
BHPian

From Hyd Public School up to Begumpet flyover, many openings in the divider have been created by Metro rail guys for movement of their construction vehicles. While they block them with barricades, the gap is just enough for motor bikes to go through.

Also, in the entire Begumpet stretch of 4-5 km, there is absolutely no provision for pedestrians to cross the road. Divider is almost 1 meter tall. This is a 6 lane road and traffic is pretty dense and fast. Pedestrians cross through these openings along with the motor bikes.

The Metro rail in this stretch is expected to be launched this December. Hope they build sky walks for us.

I live in this area and can fully understand the situation.
Old 27th October 2017, 13:44   #9699
BHPian

The truck driver used his hand to indicate the lane change which was not enough for this speeding BMW driver who failed to note that. Fortunately, he applied brakes on time and avoided an unnecessary road accident. I feel both should have been a little more careful in this. Happened near Krishnagiri on NH44.

This junction near prestige tech park in Bangalore gets congested at peak hours due to vehicles turning in all directions. On this day when vehicles were waiting to turn, a Santro driver decided to turn right by bypassing all vehicles in our lane which was not at all possible and ended up blocking a cab on the opposite lane. The cab driver got offended and both exchanged words and at one point both drivers were preparing for exchanging physical blows and luckily nothing bad happened and the Santro guy was forced to make way for the cab.

And I'm still not sure why the i20 driver who was a silent spectator suddenly exchanged words when everything was over.

The Santro driver, after reversing, instead of going till the end, somehow managed to come behind my car and from that point till I reached office (~1 km and 10 minutes) he was honking continuously every time I stop. I was thinking whether I should tell him that my car is running on diesel and not on his car honks and felt he is one of the worst drivers on our roads for sure.

ravimathi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 13:48   #9700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
I cannot understand what exactly goes on inside the heads of such morons.

I have a habit of checking my mirror very very often and that saved my car from bruises and whatever these morons would have suffered. I saw them in my mirrors and knew they were not going to make it, and braked hard. Why couldn't this moron see it? What exactly did they think was going to happen if I had not seen them and just proceeded as I already was without braking? I just don't understand the blatant disregard that intelligence is given in this country.
Glad to see you saving your car from an insurance claim. You can add the Ecosport driver to the moron list for his (lack of) parking skills.

Last edited by bhavik.1991 : 27th October 2017 at 13:49. Reason: Removed video from the quotation
Old 27th October 2017, 14:13   #9701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimathi View Post
And I'm still not sure why the i20 driver who was a silent spectator suddenly exchanged words when everything was over.
The i20 driver seems to be one of those 'gyaan' givers. The cab driver was trying to get the Santro driver to reverse just by blocking him. Maybe to drive some sense into an arrogant way of driving.
When the santro reversed a bit, there was enough space between the i20 and the Santro for the cab to proceed. From the gestures it seems the i20 driver did not want the cab to block the santro but compromise (swalpa adjust maadi saaar) and squeeze into the available space and move on.
Old 27th October 2017, 14:26   #9702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Granted her trying to run him over and in the process endangering the other motorists on the road was extremely incorrect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Though driving recklessly is totally avoidable, bikers swarming a car is more than enough to cause panic to anyone, irrespective of the gender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
I'm sure it seems that way initially, but I saw a couple of re-runs of video and that lady was sure as hell mad at the red jacket guy.
A dash cam might have proved useful in this scenario by providing an unbiased evidence. Can't judge from this unclear clip of video.

Even if she was being intimidated by some goons, she can't just put others' life at risk by driving heedlessly. She should've remained seated in the car and called cops for help.

P.S: I'm neither in support of the lady nor the guy in red jacket. Just sharing my opinion on how to handle such situation. I'm aware of the fact that things go messy while adrenaline rush is on but one should learn to overcome it rather than repenting afterwards.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 27th October 2017 at 14:29.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 15:22   #9703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
... ... ... In pursuit of him, she apparently drove rashly endangering other motorists.
It is usually not possible to chase a rash driver without driving at least as rashly as they are doing.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 16:17   #9704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It is usually not possible to chase a rash driver without driving at least as rashly as they are doing.
Very well said sir! Can't agree more!

IMHO any person in good senses with rational thinking would evade a rash driver unless he/she is emotionally weak or easily offended. Even if they indulge themselves in the pursuit of such drivers, most instances don't end well.

That said, I'm not suggesting to omit our social responsibilities. There are cleaner and safer ways of handling them like using a dash cam, calling cops for help, etc., rather than going heroic by ourselves.

Being defensive leaves us with more odds of reaching home in one piece!
Pferdestarke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 16:46   #9705
BHPian

Quote:
IMHO any person in good senses with rational thinking would evade a rash driver unless he/she is emotionally weak or easily offended. Even if they indulge themselves in the pursuit of such drivers, most instances don't end well.

That said, I'm not suggesting to omit our social responsibilities. There are cleaner and safer ways of handling them like using a dash cam, calling cops for help, etc., rather than going heroic by ourselves.

Being defensive leaves us with more odds of reaching home in one piece!
Very true and that is the way to handle a rash driver. There is absolutely no point pursuing a rash driver because it will NOT end well. More often than not such people are miscreants hell bent on making their presence felt on road.

Even in this case, the lady is wrong to pursue this guy in such a rash manner. However, after reading the comments about the way she was threatened, I felt she was right in not letting it go quietly.
lordvader is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed