Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2018, 13:46   #9916
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If the cops install one or two cameras there, they will soon recover their money's worth in traffic fines.
Lack of will on the part of police and local politicos as well is what I think are the reasons. The local shopkeepers and traders also blatantly break the one way here and could be behind this (preventing installation of cameras).
Residents associations have approached the local police station and so far all they've done is a "drive" that lasts for few days and then its business as usual for the violators.
Old 14th January 2018, 00:52   #9917
BHPian

Some more morons caught on my dashcam.

The moron on the Bullet can only overtake from the left. He overtakes me while on a turn, and does the same to the car in front.

Wonder what these rear view mirrors do? Also notice the dude riding on the wrong side.

First he nearly crashes into the Alto, then scares a couple of bikers and finally nearly runs over a pedestrian (who was actually in the middle of the road trying to cross).

No helmets, triples. A daily sight. All students of the Rajagiri Engineering college.

A rash biker. Nothing more to say.

Completely oblivious to the traffic on the road.

Yellow mean 'floor it'. Notice the scooter getting stuck near the divider/pillar. He cuts across as soon as the light turns red for that side.
GeneralJazz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 15:12   #9918
BHPian

You'd think the guy at 0:08 is a bad driver, wait till 0:40...

harsh79 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 03:34   #9919
BHPian

Ridiculously impatient drivers on TTK road. Absolutely not a care for the vehicle coming in the opposite lane. Despite barging into what was rightfully our space.

Also notice the Traffic Police's Innova parked on the footpath. The cherry on top was the poor clichéd Ola/UBER driver desperately trying to locate his customer while not giving a damn about the Traffic behind him.

Last edited by Shanksta : 19th January 2018 at 03:37.
Shanksta is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 10:36   #9920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Also notice the Traffic Police's Innova parked on the footpath...
Feels like driving in Peth areas of Pune, pretty similar road conditions & traffic (sense), except for the color of three wheelers.

Unable to recall the thread or the post by a Fellow BHPian, who was fined to park his car in a so called "No Parking Zone". Probably from Bangalore for from Chennai.
Your clip from 00:30 to 00:35 can be used to question "How about action on this car". However, the police vehicle can get away with a benefit of doubt, with other vehicles (many two & Four wheelers)also parked in similar fashion.

One thing you missed to highlight, the RE parked on road at 00:28 to 00:31. That is definitely another specimen of Bad Driver (Rider). He definitely had ample space to park, in a similar way other two wheelers were parked.

Will keep my mouth shut for the OLA/Uber driver. Probably, he did not opted for Indicators while purchasing the vehicle. They being an optional accessory for him.

Regards,
Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 19th January 2018 at 10:44. Reason: Removed, VDO link, while replying
Old 20th January 2018, 10:11   #9921
Senior - BHPian

Are people supposed to magically disappear when you flash lights? :(

Usual sight. Merging onto the main road without even bothering to look for traffic.
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 14:00   #9922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Apparently yes! These days there are two norms on the road. First, drive with the high beam on & secondly, face off with flashing lights. In Pune, it's become an irritating habit, to flash the lights in your face. I have seen many bikers do this, when they are right inside your lane. It's crazy and stupid. Once, out of curiosity, I asked a biker at a signal why are you driving with your high beam on. He said, the blue light on the panel is not for the high beam. It's the headlight on indicator...

I don't think there was anything more left to say on the topic.

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 20th January 2018 at 14:03.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 14:16   #9923
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Generally one flash is just to get the attention of the driver - which is what the Alto guy did.

What is annoying though are the repeated flashes whilst overtaking at night, creating a blind spot for the car being overtaken.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 16:52   #9924
BHPian

See how this moron has parked his car recklessly on one of the busiest roads in Vijayawada.

I'd blame the law enforcement authorities for lack of stringent actions against such idiots. IMO that's same as encouraging them to do so!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-badcompressed.jpg
Pferdestarke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 17:13   #9925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Generally one flash is just to get the attention of the driver - which is what the Alto guy did.

What is annoying though are the repeated flashes whilst overtaking at night, creating a blind spot for the car being overtaken.
One does not simply barge onto the overtaking lane without an empty space to complete said overtaking and by flashing lights expect people on the opposite side to disappear. It is just not done.

Flashing does not give anyone the right of way. What purpose does he serve by getting my attention? Oh he had my attention alright, he had it the second i saw him hurtling towards me. He did not need to flash.

What he should have done, is slow down and get back nicely into his lane and proceeded onward.

Is that so hard to do?
deathwalkr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 23:15   #9926
BHPian

Quote:
One does not simply barge onto the overtaking lane without an empty space to complete said overtaking and by flashing lights expect people on the opposite side to disappear. It is just not done.
What he should have done, is slow down and get back nicely into his lane and proceeded onward.

Is that so hard to do?
You're right. That was not a place to overtake.
But, we all have been guilty of lack of judgement sometime or the other while driving. This seems like he committed to the overtake and realised his mistake too late.
He did seem to do the other 2 things expected of you while overtaking (which IMO not many drivers do), flashing and indicating to go back in the lane. So, I guess a decent driver, but got carried away here.
Old 22nd January 2018, 13:11   #9927
Team-BHP Support

What's with the penchant for driving into a closing gap?

I notice people doing it almost everyday, get their nose alongside, then honk like crazy to intimidate the other guy out of the way.

One idiot tried it with a bus over the weekend (pretty sure not his first time), and ran out of luck and honking power. The bus didn't budge, and the DZire ended up squashed in the gap between the bus drifting right and the median. This happened in Jayanagar, I was witness to the demolition derby on my scooter right behind.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 13:49   #9928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
See how this moron has parked his car recklessly on one of the busiest roads in Vijayawada.

I'd blame the law enforcement authorities for lack of stringent actions against such idiots. IMO that's same as encouraging them to do so!

There is a guy crossing that parked car on the wrong side as well
Old 22nd January 2018, 16:16   #9929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Apparently yes! These days there are two norms on the road. First, drive with the high beam on & secondly, face off with flashing lights.
There is a third habit. As a pedestrian, put up your hand to stop the oncoming traffic while you cross the road at any spot of your choice other than the zebra crossings or the underground subways/ overbridges.

I wonder how the pedestrian is more confident than me in the stopping ability of my vehicle. Or if his raised hand somehow applies the brakes more efficiently
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 16:48   #9930
BHPian

Three incidents which proved how dumb people have become while driving. Or they just do not think, and are traversing in a moronic fashion.

#1. What do you do, when you are going up a hillock on a Kinetic carrying three children [aged 8-9] as pillion, and the vehicle in front of you has to break, after the hillock is over and the downhill starts.

1. Gun the accelerator as hard as you can to build momentum to go up.
2. Continue the same power delivery -- but of course going down now.
3. Loose control of the Kinetic.
4. Rear end the vehicle, and then say "kutch nahin hua" [nothing happened].
5. Carry on.

#2. What do you do, when the whole swarm is moving at ~80 km/h. Which includes both official lanes, and the makeshift third lane created by some genius [so actually three lanes]. And want to overtake a vehicle, also part of the homogeneous speed pattern.

1. I am in a Creta -- so my headlights will hit the measly hatch-back's RVM.
2. Fire away. BING BING BING. BING BING BING.
3. Hope the car in front will levitate or climb onto the median, or dangerously change lanes into an 80 km/h line.
4. See that the hatchback is giving a right indicator [fork coming up ahead]. BING BING BING.
5. Line up bonnet to the hatch-back's left rear. BING BING BING.
6. Thank God, the fork came. I wanted a left. Carry to the left.
7. Spare the hatch-back.

#3. What do you do, when you are on a bike and late for office.

1. Approach the parking boom barrier.
2. Zip past a car which is almost at the boom barrier -- like 3-4 meters away.
3. Beat the car for your token.
4. Make it on time to office.
asingh1977 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks