Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2018, 23:14   #9946
BHPian

This is not in India and couldn't find the source though.

https://9gag.com/gag/adKYbpd

Mods, if it does not belong here, please move it to the right thread.

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 30th January 2018 at 23:17.
Old 1st February 2018, 10:57   #9947
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

There is a sufficient space designated to parallel park the cars, who visit this place. Just look at the way these two are parked. Both pics are from same spot.

Especially the second pic : Look at the Polo first & the Amaze behind it is icing on the cake. Trust me Amaze is parked & when I crossed him, the guy was busy on cell phone.

Pointing out or teaching "driving etiquettes" to the first one is like

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20180130_085601.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20180130_090124.jpg
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 09:06   #9948
BHPian

This driver, continuously honking, overtook me from just centimeters away last night at the Sonepat flyover and before any major incident could have had happened, I decided to follow him until Delhi where I can report directly to PCR.

Luckily he stopped about a km before Delhi where a number of cops are less or nonexistent and I missed that chance.

What do you guys feel about this or what needs to be done here?

Time: 12:30-12:45 a.m., Feb 2
Truck No: HR67A8255

OneToughRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 09:42   #9949
BHPian

So much for the stop line, lanes or the median...
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_5933.jpg  

eternalck is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 10:06   #9950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
This driver, continuously honking, overtook me from just centimeters away last night at the Sonepat flyover .....What do you guys feel about this or what needs to be done here?

Time: 12:30-12:45 a.m., Feb 2
Truck No: HR67A8255
Dear Sandeep,

Your intentions were really good & commendable. However, My advice would be let him face his fate. I do understand that he is a serious threat on the road. I guess you have intentionally not overtaken him just to film the entire stretch. In doing so you were matching his moves (read stunts, minus the honking). I see you had some rough patch as well around 2:35. You had the truck number, & some evidence against him already. You could have called the police (helpline if any) - many numbers are posted across the highways. Call them, complain, sit back & enjoy your ride. Ignore, the rush of the moment could have destroyed your entire day.

On a lighter note: I guess this is the first incidence that I saw a tractor with any of the rear lights working & ON. (@ 02:07)

EDIT: Just saw the complete VDO again. This has been recorded on a mobile phone from driver side. Who was recording it.. YOU (while driving)!!!
Even if its not you, but the passenger. This is dangerous, it might be blocking driver's view.
Even if it was held to a holder, driver was using it for last 5-6 seconds while the car was in motion(not sure if its you, who is driving).

NOM- really. Why do you want to be part of Accidents thread, by driving this way even for a good cause.

Regards,
Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 2nd February 2018 at 10:28.
saurabh2711 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 12:14   #9951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalck View Post
So much for the stop line, lanes or the median...
Don't you just hate it when that happens? You stop parallel to the median on the stop line and in a few seconds, others would have stopped in an all angles at various points in front of you side of you etc etc.

Find a gap, fill it even if it is only with the front bumper.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 13:48   #9952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
What do you guys feel about this or what needs to be done here?
It is not advisable to deal with them directly. I tackle them usually by reporting to a patrolling officer nearby.

I request you not to use mobile for capturing, which is dangerous to you and your fellow road users as well. Get a dash cam and it proves worthy in sorting such issues.
Pferdestarke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 17:01   #9953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Dear Sandeep,

Your intentions were really good & commendable. However, My advice would be let him face his fate.

EDIT: Just saw the complete VDO again. This has been recorded on a mobile phone from driver side. Who was recording it.. YOU (while driving)!!!

NOM- really. Why do you want to be part of Accidents thread, by driving this way even for a good cause.

Regards,
Saurabh
Hi Saurabh, Yes with due respect I exactly did what you noticed, and I do agree that may not be the right way to do so.

As I mentioned, my intentions were to report to the nearest PCR hence I recorded while following. Unfortunately, no cops were present between Sonepat and Delhi border. In case he manages to enter Delhi, I could've instantaneously done that because Delhi has lots of cops at the border only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
It is not advisable to deal with them directly. I tackle them usually by reporting to a patrolling officer nearby.

I request you not to use mobile for capturing, which is dangerous to you and your fellow road users as well. Get a dash cam and it proves worthy in sorting such issues.
That's a very valuable suggestion, I shall get one dashcam

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th February 2018 at 12:00. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability. Thanks :)
OneToughRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 20:01   #9954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Don't you just hate it when that happens? You stop parallel to the median on the stop line and in a few seconds, others would have stopped in an all angles at various points in front of you side of you etc etc.

Find a gap, fill it even if it is only with the front bumper.
Oh yes an absolute 'joy' it is, just like a jigsaw .

All that was missing was some dude in an innova just about perpendicular right in front of me (i believe this was only because there was no service lane beside the road).
Old 2nd February 2018, 22:21   #9955
BHPian

More bad drivers.

Absolutely no regards to one ways. And this is on the Inforpark e-way, where people do crazy speeds.

Impatient auto driver.

First the Alto guy who just barges into the lane. Then the Verna guy who cant be bothered with trivial stuff like traffic lights.
GeneralJazz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 16:01   #9956
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This morning on CMH Road, Indiranagar (Bangalore):
Just past the Chinmaya Mission Hospital, I saw couple of helmet less morons on an old motorcycle (possibly a Yamaha Rx100) have a word with an auto driver and then the guy riding pillion makes a gesture to the auto driver and they take off to do a wheelie right in the middle of the road The guy riding pillion was smiling away and encouraging his friend to go faster (when in reality he was hanging on for dear life). Apalled, I'm at a loss for words when I see such fools on the roads.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 17:10   #9957
BHPian

Lit up the inside of my car like Christmas tree!

Can't be any good if he still needs to turn on the high-beam.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vlcsnap2018013103h42m40s593.png
harsh79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 21:07   #9958
Senior - BHPian

Never mind the wrong time, haven't yet figured out how to set the right time on this new dashcam. This occurred like an hour back.

Going straight at a crossroads in a residential area in South Chennai.

hserus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 10:12   #9959
BHPian

This was spotted by a friend who's child goes to the same school as mine. The car was being driven by a driver, had two kids and a nanny.

Thankfully, multiple parents were upset with this and confronted the driver. Additionally the parents have been informed about this incident as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img20180216wa0001.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img20180216wa0000.jpg  

Samir Taheer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 14:04   #9960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Never mind the wrong time, haven't yet figured out how to set the right time on this new dashcam. This occurred like an hour back.

Going straight at a crossroads in a residential area in South Chennai.
Heights of idiocy and impatience. But this "don't stop, just go around", mentality is very common in our country.

Even when I reverse my car out of my house daily, there are many people that come super close to the rear bumper and not just vehicles, even pedestrians, for whom I would wait and give way but they decide to walk in slow motion right behind my car after I think they are waiting for me despite my indicators flashing, reverse lamps and the reverse alarm.

Then after reversing while turning back into the lane there will be a few more idiots that squeeze between my front bumper and the footpath.

Even if once in a while there is a good driver or rider that stops and waits for me reverse out and straighten up, there will be a few guys that will go around him, behind my car, swing wide into the wrong side, have a close call with a vehicle coming the other way and then speed away ignorantly.

The less than 10 second reverse process ends up taking 30 seconds because of slightly release clutch, brake, slightly release clutch, brake, etc.,

P.S. not to forget the fickle minded ones that start moving when you do, thinking they have stopped and then stop when you give them way when you let then go first.
Shanksta is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed