Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2018, 12:06   #10036
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

1. A scooter guy simply ignores my signals and tries to jump in front of my car.

2. A kid who has no regard for safety at a traffic island.
Pferdestarke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 21:49   #10037
BHPian

Mod Note : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and the use of abusive words / photographs in posts / avatars / signatures / topics are STRICTLY prohibited.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by bblost : 5th April 2018 at 22:12. Reason: See inline note.
harsh79 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 08:52   #10038
BHPian

Found this classic case of drunk driving coupled with road rage. Not sure what he was trying to prove. More than a couple of times he tried to cut me off. Finally decided to stop and let the moron go before I started driving again.

get2bid is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 16:34   #10039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
You sir, are one hell of a patient driver! I would have lost my cool at that flyover if I were you.

From the video, I feel most of the places need some revamping of the roads else the mess would be ever-growing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by get2bid View Post
Finally decided to stop and let the moron go before I started driving again.
You did what was good for you and other users! Being defensive is the way to tackle such plights. Safe driving mate

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 6th April 2018 at 16:36.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 22:00   #10040
Senior - BHPian

@harsh79
I commend your patience. If I were in your place, I would have most probably just parked the car blocking those exiting the flyover on the wrong side and walked off. Just look at the audacity shown by the Alto driver. Not that those behind him were any better. I thought Hyderabad traffic was amongst the most ill behaved. This one takes the cake.

Last edited by longhorn : 6th April 2018 at 22:02.
Old 6th April 2018, 22:58   #10041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
What on earth is happening here!? What was up with that bus under the flyover? Hats off to your patience!
Also, seems like you have learnt to back off to let wrong-side drivers pass since the last time you put up a video of one here.

Last edited by Rohan24 : 6th April 2018 at 22:59.
Old 8th April 2018, 00:56   #10042

This time I am not editing the audio as that's the crucial part of it.
This happened today when I was returning back to Bengaluru in my office car from Pune (Long drive had already taken a toll on my patience) when I met with this
Alto guy on a very narrow flyover, who had also written Indian Airforce on his rear windshield (Though he didn't look like an Airman, maybe a distant cousin of a serving officer). After numerous attempts to overtake finally had to resort to siren where the Alto driver lost all his senses. The guy was driving his car all over the flyover and had no idea what hand signal he is giving.

Use of an unauthorized siren is punishable offence even for pilots

bravo_romeo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 12:17   #10043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo_romeo View Post
This happened today when I was returning back to Bengaluru in my office car from Pune (Long drive had already taken a toll on my patience) when I met with this
When you go on a long drive the home stretch is where you have to extremely careful. If you find yourself losing patience just because you have been driving 750+ kms I don't think you need to be driving such distances in one stretch.

Your driving style in this video is bad. You were tailgating way too much. If that Alto guy had lost his cool and brake checked, you would have definitely rear-ended him.

In hindsight, all you had to do was lift you foot off the accelerator for 10-15 seconds and the Alto guy would have vanished.

If you continually honk, tailgate and flash your lights it just adds more ego and anger into the situation. Sometimes the bad ones on the road bring out the worst in you due to their ignorance or arrogance. You as a responsible driver should let that go and not turn into one of them as you did in the footage.

Lastly, I say all this because I know the recipient is capable of understanding, unlike what would happen if you had to school the Alto driver.
Shanksta is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 13:07   #10044
BHPian

Quote:
To be frank, dealing with the driving of the Alto driver in this video is part and parcel of driving on these narrow flyovers. They are a dime a dozen, and one shouldn't really make a big deal out of this. Just slow down, let him be on his way. You'll waste a few more seconds but drive will be less stressful.
Moreover, the Alto seems to be doing decent speeds, for that flyover. Would've just been better to leave him to his antics.
Rohan24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 09:01   #10045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
(Long drive had already taken a toll on my patience) when I met with this

Use of an unauthorized siren is punishable offence even for pilots

These are the two key issues I noticed in this post.
1. Losing patience during a long drive (especially when moving from a fast highway to a slower section or into the city)
2. Using siren when it should not be used.

Most of us don't have a siren which we can misuse when we are upset, so I can't comment on that.
Feeling irritable or impatient during a drive is a clear signal to me to take a deep breath and probably pull in to a highway chai shop to clear my mind before continuing the trip.
The alto driver needs to be taught some road manners, but 90% of the time you could not overtake because he was attempting to overtake someone else (2 and 4 wheelers). If I were the alto driver I would have sensed the impatience and given way to avoid escalating the impatience.
Old 9th April 2018, 09:37   #10046
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Why do you have a siren?

Last edited by mayankk : 9th April 2018 at 09:39.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 10:04   #10047
BHPian

Quote:
RL]
If the Alto driver had a rear dash-cam and posts these few minutes of footage, he would most definitely say "an impatient driver was flashing and honking and finally the siren! Not sure who he was, thankfully I was able to let him pass when I got the opportunity !".
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 10:15   #10048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Why do you have a siren?
The guy did say it is a government car. Police or Army I guess.
Old 9th April 2018, 10:21   #10049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The guy did say it is a government car. Police or Army I guess.
His profile says he's 24 years old. With the MoD. There's a handful of people in the ministry allowed a siren, plus it is typically paired to a flasher. I don't believe he would be qualified to have either, legally.
Even if he was, the usage was not warranted.
The alto probably realized this and got mad. I would have, too. In fact, the only bad driver, even before the siren antics is our member here. The alto not heeding the siren probably caused an ego issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
It is used as. Snip. video.
A pilot car whose dashcam footage has been posted by driver on an online forum. Tell me why that sounds ridiculous.

Last edited by mayankk : 9th April 2018 at 10:37.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 10:28   #10050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
His profile says he's 24 years old. With the MoD. There's a handful of people in the ministry allowed a siren, plus it is typically paired to a flasher. I don't believe he would be qualified to have either, legally.
Even if he was, the usage was not warranted.
The alto probably realized this and got mad. I would have, too. In fact, the only bad driver, even before the siren antics is our member here. The alto not heeding the siren probably caused an ego issue.
It is used as a pilot car, according to the video. Being the driver of a pilot car doesn't require seniority - but from this video, it seems to require the same driving skills as every party flagged Scorpio / Fortuner needs (tailgate, honk repeatedly if someone doesn't give way, overtake from who cares which side of the road etc).

I'd get mad too if someone tailgated me and kept honking. That alto was driving in the middle lane that's bad yes - but he did use his indicators properly several times in a row when changing lanes. And that's a miracle for a supposedly badly driven Alto. So giving the Alto driver the benefit of doubt here for why he put his emergency lights on in the middle of the video.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks