Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2018, 01:08   #10186
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

One near miss by a tempo traveller. I think this guy just plain braked late, distracted and swerved to oncoming traffic.

And a big KeSRTC scania maharaja driving on the wrong side.

govigov is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 12:44   #10187
BHPian

Almost crashed into a genius yesterday. I was driving on ISB road in Hyderabad and was on the right most lane (heading towards Wipro circle, had to turn right).
I see the bus in front of me accelerate, making me believe the road in front of the bus was clear. Suddenly, I see this "Genius" who had parked his bike on the RIGHT, next to the divider to check his bloody phone. Luckily, I had enough distance between the bus and myself to slow down and manoeuver between the bike and the Indica.

Later, this guy pulls up beside me when I'm stopped at the signal. I lower my window and tell him politely not to park on the right as its dangerous. He says ok and I roll my window up. Within a minute, he knocks on my door and asks me for directions to Lingampalli. LOL moment.!

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th June 2018 at 15:44. Reason: Embedding video
DDiSLover is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 13:16   #10188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
One near miss by a tempo traveller.
Also shows why it is never a good idea to place yourself by the side of the road. You can get hit by someone who is himself trying to avoid getting hit.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-capture.jpg
rajathv8 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 14:06   #10189
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

A INR 200 fine for such parking is not quite sufficient for people who park like this.

Further, there is a clear instruction to park cars facing outwards so that they could be removed easily in case of an emergency.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img20180611wa0029.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img20180614wa0029.jpg
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 16:36   #10190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
A INR 200 fine for such parking is not quite sufficient for people who park like this.
Is there a fine for bad parking in this location? That's impressive...

Also, one thing to note when you see someone parked badly like this:

It could be that there was someone beside them parked poorly, and they had to make do with the situation.

Now that the other car has left, it looks like they parked badly!
Rehaan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 17:31   #10191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Is there a fine for bad parking in this location? That's impressive...

Also, one thing to note when you see someone parked badly like this:

It could be that there was someone beside them parked poorly, and they had to make do with the situation.

Now that the other car has left, it looks like they parked badly!
Yes, there is a penalty for incorrect parking.

Though i didn't take these pictures, I tired to figure how another vehicle may have been wrongly parked for these two cars to be parked the way they were parked, and couldn't find suitable possibilities, considering bikes aren't parked in slots marked for cars and vice-versa.

But then, one never knows.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 08:11   #10192
BHPian

Driving on the Sohna Road service lane -- near JMD. A biker in front of me, suddenly, does not see a cement hump. Bike takes a couple of flips so does he. Lands on the pavement.

Helmet comes flying off.

Was on the phone.

Last edited by asingh1977 : 16th June 2018 at 08:12.
Old 17th June 2018, 17:59   #10193
BHPian

Leave a little gap between your vehicle and the vehicle in your front, there are always idiots like this who want to squeeze that gap. But this is very idiotic that I was almost near the barricade but then this guy decided to cut through that gap. My ego was hurt, but don't want to chase the idiot and becoming another idiot on the road.

jpcoolguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 12:19   #10194
BHPian

Another example of a bad rider.

Cheers
treadmark is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 13:41   #10195
BHPian

Re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

Not sure if it is the right thread. We all know this is a common thing in India but the sheer width, sharpness and weight of this iron beam was one of the most craziest thing I have seen. The pic is not doing justice. It was literally blocking 90% of both the lanes put together. I didn't even go near them. Passed them only when they pulled over to the side of the road. They would stop the whole traffic near barricades.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20180625_111113.jpg
rageshgr is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 22:03   #10196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Another example of a bad rider.

Cheers

Not supporting the rider for his reckless crossing but I believe the biker did see the car and incorrectly assumed it's going into the building on the left because it did look like the car was going to go into the building initially.

Edit: Never mind, opened the video in full screen and don't see that car's intent to go into the building. Sorry!

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 25th June 2018 at 22:05.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 12:02   #10197
Senior - BHPian

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

This car was spotted by my friend last week at the Carnival Greenfield cinemas in Trivandrum. It was intentionally parked wrongly taking up 3 parking spots.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1530167355.781588.jpg

When he asked the parking-attendant why this was allowed, he was told that it belonged to the SP and he (attendant) cannot question the top-cop.

When our top govt officials themselves do such crap, what message are they sending ? That might is right ?

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 28th June 2018 at 12:03.
supremeBaleno is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 12:28   #10198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
When he asked the parking-attendant why this was allowed, he was told that it belonged to the SP and he (attendant) cannot question the top-cop.
I can see it has black films too are they allowed on personal cars, this doesn't seems to be a govt. vehicle.
Old 1st July 2018, 08:11   #10199
BHPian

Quote:
When our top govt officials themselves do such crap, what message are they sending ? That might is right ?
Didn't you know that? That's exactly what they are trying to teach "us" - the naive "common" man. #India #IdharToAisaHiHotaHai #LoveIndiaOrLeaveIndia (don't bother correcting it or trying making it liveable - because then you're even stupider than the people who make such assertions).

Almost everyone here (at least subconsciously) would like to be a big shot - dismissing everyone in their path that even slightly inconveniences them (within or without the law), swatted away to oblivion like an irritating insect.

On the one hand, you see that to get even basic rights/apposite administrative action for even the simplest of things (forget it when things go wrong), one must be well-connected. Even the possibly decent are then incepted with a need for being VIPs.
On the other, one sees the way the well-connected abuse their connections/power/pull. That is impressive to idiots with "inadequate appendage syndrome" (look at my current signature here for an example of that - it's based on a true story that has repeated itself a surprising number of times).

Either way, you get a nation of wronged, formerly perhaps decent people fuelled by vengeance and frustration, or psychologically stunted morons all dreaming of power because both sets are conditioned to believe - and given that it's now true and not just their conditioning - know that might is right. In fact, many a time, might is the only way here.

I've always thoroughly enjoyed the pithy "Development isn't where everyone has a car, but where everyone takes public transport". For India, it may be applied as "Civilised society isn't where everyone wants to be a VIP, it's where you don't need to be related to a vidhaayak to get even a hundredth of your tax's worth".

And before anyone decides to jump down my throat, look at that italicised "almost" before the word "everyone" above.
For example, one set of exceptions would be cynics better adjusted than the above, who've turned into aloof, sarcastic misanthropes who enjoy the spectacle rather than get agitated about it (well, mostly). I know that set has at least one element. There will be other exceptional sets I haven't thought of.
Feel free to point out the same in an instructive or outraged way, as the case may be.

Last edited by Mu009 : 1st July 2018 at 08:29. Reason: Semantics
Mu009 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 09:40   #10200
BHPian

Quote:
This car was spotted by my friend last week at the Carnival Greenfield cinemas in Trivandrum. It was intentionally parked wrongly taking up 3 parking spots.
Attachment 1775809

Probably, to get full shade on his car !!
philgrac is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks