Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2018, 16:26   #10216
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
A lady who decides to stop her activa by the divider on a busy road and attend a very important (apparently) phone call.
Incidents like this makes me believe we are dumbing down as a species

We just seem to take so many things on road for granted. I am pretty sure if someone had stopped and asked her to move, she would have said "cant you see i'm on the side of the road. am i blocking traffic? so much space is there no?"

gah!
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 12:24   #10217
Team-BHP Support

Today I almost knocked over a scooter that entered the main road completely ignoring the traffic. Since the dash cam video is shot in ultra wide angle, it shows the scooter to be lot further than it is. But it was lot closer in real. The rider was a young man without helmet, with a pillion rider. Had I not braked in time, there would have been two people with severe head injuries.

Vehicle number: KA 04 JC 9925
Vehicle type: Honda DIO DLX

I want to upload the video to the Bangalore Traffic Public eye. The web site is down, and the their stupid app doesn't let me upload this video.

Last edited by Samurai : 16th July 2018 at 12:26.
Samurai is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 12:38   #10218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I want to upload the video to the Bangalore Traffic Public eye. The web site is down, and the their stupid app doesn't let me upload this video.
I have failed big time. Their Public eye app is waste because you cannot upload videos. So I once uploaded a screenshot of the Dashcam video and also attached the URL of the video onto their Public Eye portal.

Of course, I may be repeating this instance for an infinite time on the forum but that was the case of Hit & Run by a LCV and when I posted this on Public eye as above, no action was taken and instead they replied to my post on FB that this is a L&O case and I need to visit the station and give a written complaint .
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 08:47   #10219
BHPian

Best parking award JP Nagar
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20180716_211834.jpg  

mbilung is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 09:54   #10220
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Their Public eye app is waste because you cannot upload videos. So I once uploaded a screenshot of the Dashcam video and also attached the URL of the video onto their Public Eye portal.

...replied to my post on FB that this is a L&O case and I need to visit the station and give a written complaint

May be off topic here but even the BESCOM Mithra does not work. Seems the babus are not very pleased with the number of complaints received and the followup action they have to take; that too neatly collated and ready to implicate the government babus for not taking action / not doing their jobs.

All the apps have been crippled so that the public will no longer will be able to lodge any complaints.
mvadg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 10:03   #10221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today I almost knocked over a scooter that entered the main road completely ignoring the traffic...

Like @paragsachania remarked, the Public Eye portal is down. If at all it were working, you could only upload images. A screenshot from this clip would have elicited either or all of these responses:
- Violation not clear
- Image not clear
- Number not clear

You can only have it grouped under 'Riding without helmet' and 'pillion rider without helmet', and maybe illegal number plate format. IMHO, this should be penalised as rash and negligent driving (riding) which is a more serious offence, but cannot be done through the portal.
silversteed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 11:34   #10222
BHPian

Encountered this moron yesterday. No helmets, no care about others and no care for his own life.

Yieldway17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 13:17   #10223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
You can only have it grouped under 'Riding without helmet' and 'pillion rider without helmet', and maybe illegal number plate format. IMHO, this should be penalised as rash and negligent driving (riding) which is a more serious offence, but cannot be done through the portal.
I uploaded the video to their FB page. Got a quick response. They said "Your post has been forwarded to concerned traffic officers in this regard".
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 09:24   #10224
Distinguished - BHPian

Bad drivers you said ? Or bad owners ? Absolutely no way to 'decrypt' the registration number and this is a very common sight across the city.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20180719-19.24.04.jpg

All this happens right in front of cops all day.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 18:11   #10225
BANNED

One idiot on Ford Fiesta, I think he consider himself a f1 driver, tried overtaking me from left that too inside office basement parking, when I was taking long turn to enter basement 3, attached the video of the same, he was almost about to hit me from left hand side, shall I log a official complain of rash driving on public road? I have his cars number, video is not justifying to the risk but the honking sound can explain the panic situation.

Ajaybiz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 19:42   #10226
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
One idiot on Ford Fiesta, I think he consider himself a f1 driver, tried overtaking me from left that too inside office basement parking,
And the moron doesn't even have his lights on irrespective of how well lit the parking area is.

As a practice I always turn the headlights on as soon as I enter the basement or multilevel parking : My presence needs to be felt not just by other cars (few may be reversing to get out too) but pedestrians who usually think they can walk anywhere in the basement/parking area.

In my office they have put warning notes on all floors asking not to walk on the ramps but daily there are folks who use this to take a stroll after their lunch!!
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2018, 10:49   #10227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One idiot on Ford Fiesta, I think he consider himself a f1 driver, tried overtaking me from left that too inside office basement parking, when I was taking long turn to enter basement 3, attached the video of the same, he was almost about to hit me from left hand side, shall I log a official complain of rash driving on public road? I have his cars number, video is not justifying to the risk but the honking sound can explain the panic situation.
Not to mention tailgating you to kingdom come! What's the hurry i wonder
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2018, 11:48   #10228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One idiot on Ford Fiesta... shall I log a official complain of rash driving on public road? I have his cars number, video is not justifying to the risk but the honking sound can explain the panic situation.
Please do write to the your organisation's department in charge of facilities management/administration/security, with a link to the video (or the video as an attachment).

Quote:
And the moron doesn't even have his lights on irrespective of how well lit the parking area is.
Some places have signboards put up, asking drivers to switch on the headlights when entering the parking area, yet hardly anyone pays heed.

Quote:
In my office they have put warning notes on all floors asking not to walk on the ramps but daily there are folks who use this to take a stroll after their lunch!!
This is a rather common sight in many such office campuses. Heck, I've seen people riding their two-wheelers up the entry ramps without headlights, and coming down exit ramps into the parking, in the late evening hours - to save a few drops of fuel (which anyway will get burnt at the gate/next signal).

I have come to the conclusion that these morons have total trust on the medical service personnel who are always on standby in these campuses
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2018, 16:07   #10229
BHPian

I had a run in with a Bus today on the way back home. This bus driver was blatantly coming on my track, I decided to block his smooth passage. I stopped and he was forced to stop and I observed that he was making gestures (pleading) to let him go. I decided against that, as he would get in to the lane ahead by bull dozing his way. On reaching home, I send the photograph on the whatsapp number of the district police chief. They replied promptly that they have forwarded the message to the city traffic police for necessary action, which I hope does something good. When I had stopped the bus, I saw many cars giving me the thumbs up from the other side for having stopped this joker, In fact one person disembarked and came and asked me not to let the bus thru.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bus.jpeg  

sparky@home is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st July 2018, 16:28   #10230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
I had a run in with a Bus today on the way back home.
Ave Mariya indeed! Good you took a stand. Isn't this route infamous for rash private bus drivers? [Is there any other kind?]

Most Viewed