Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2018, 16:10   #10276
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

It is extremely sad to see people risking lives of their kids as well for saving few minutes!

scwagh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 16:48   #10277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwagh View Post
It is extremely sad to see people risking lives of their kids as well for saving few minutes!

Father of the year right there!

Seriously boggles the mind as to how people can take life on road so very leisurely.
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 18:08   #10278
BHPian

Signal jumping is one thing. I have also encountered bikers with kids taking unannounced u-turns. The other day I was driving on my bike at a sedate speed on an open road to office. The next second I was forced to slam the brake to avoid collision.

Reason: A driver who was resting on the roadside in our direction to attend a call, immediately swerved right to enter the opposite road.

Thankfully I did not skid. The culprit actually had the temerity to look back at me and mince some words. This was a lady by the way on an Activa with a kid standing on the front. I was left fuming but I let it go and continued on my way.

Last edited by strawhat : 3rd August 2018 at 18:09.
Old 7th August 2018, 10:38   #10279
Senior - BHPian

You'd think that early morning with empty roads would mean less bad drivers, but a flag affixed in the front gives a big vehicle the license to do anything. I kept a cautious distance from this vehicle after the way he overtook me and was happy I made that choice as he decides to make a last moment left turn - watch the courteous way he uses the blinkers to announce his intentions!
BenjiRoss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 04:21   #10280
BHPian

I think you should change the title of the video to " How to make a left turn when you are a moron".
MaxTorque is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 15:41   #10281
BHPian

This was a narrow escape I had with a taxi, two days back. Thank god for small mercies. As long as idiots drive and take chances on blind turns these happen.

Old 13th August 2018, 16:23   #10282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
This was a narrow escape I had with a taxi, two days back. Thank god for small mercies. As long as idiots drive and take chances on blind turns these happen.
Not to mention your driving over the divider for most part of the video (although the parked tempo might be to blame initially).

I might be wrong, but it seems you probably had some space and were probably also over the divider when doing the turn. Of course the taxi was taking a much bigger risk irrespective of your position.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 13th August 2018 at 16:24.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 18:09   #10283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Not to mention your driving over the divider for most part of the video (although the parked tempo might be to blame initially).

I might be wrong, but it seems you probably had some space and were probably also over the divider when doing the turn. Of course the taxi was taking a much bigger risk irrespective of your position.
I was maintaining the left side (its there in the original video which has been edited for this one) and did take the right side to avoid the parked vehicle ahead, which was very close to the blind turning wherein I had the close encounter. I don’t drive over the divider for the simple reason it will result in an accident as most of the turns here are blind, so I hug the extreme left side for safety.
sparky@home is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 13:32   #10284
BHPian

Saw this gentleman who took the definition of "Idiots on the roads" to next level.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dr.jpeg

He had conveniently parked his Omni on the right most lane of a 3 lane toll road with no signage/signal whatsoever. And guess for what ? So that he could pluck flowers from the plants on the median

Dashcam video below :

PADAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 15:11   #10285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwagh View Post
It is not clear if the person was following his traffic signal and all other oncoming vehicles 'broke'/ jumped their signal.
However, in terms of lack of common sense this biker does get the award. I would be extremely wary of trying to prove a point about following traffic rules by jumping in front of oncoming traffic.

If he just jumped the signal with his kids, I have nothing to add/ say than what names he has been called already.
Old 16th August 2018, 10:27   #10286
Team-BHP Support

I will never understand why people think its acceptable to cut a lane just because there is maybe one car less in the adjacent one.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 10:58   #10287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
why people think its acceptable to cut a lane just because there is maybe one car less in the adjacent one.
Because most of them are dim-witted and unhinged or may be they feel the're smarter than others who follow queues. All this for a fool's paradise!
Pferdestarke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 17:03   #10288
BHPian

If anyone wondering what exactly happened at Hinjewadi Shivaji Chowk to Infosys Ph-I, which resulted in traffic crawling on Tuesday evening which is normally free flowing at evenings: Meet the legend who did it all.

The location is opposite to SBI. Those who are not aware of this place : It is normally the other way (Infy to Shivaji Chowk) which is choked in the evening. The place where we can see the A-Start parked was notorious for wrong side riders & traffic cops have been really strict on them in last couple of weeks. They have also closed all the divider openings to discourage people taking short-cuts (from behind Persistence & wrong siders). See the opening next to the oncoming bus.

The drive of this A-Star is a lady (absolutely No Offences meant); had guts to drive down the wrong lane. Few intelligent two wheelers did followed her initially, but immediately turned back, seeing a large traffic coming head on. The lady was left stranded at wrong side. The normal traffic flow (left of the road) was still; due to red signal ahead.
You can see a PMPML (blue) bus approaching. That is where she might have targeted to merge in normal lane.

The bus driver initially was planning to go around her & leave her to her wishes, did waved his hands in frustration from inside the bus. The lady had the audacity of giving him a single finger salute in return from by taking her hands out of the window. The bus driver then lost it & ensured she does not moves. We were standing there for 3-4 minutes & nobody moved, the onward traffic was already blocked. Few people who joined in her wrong side driving escapade had removed the barricades placed by traffic police, on a similar opening behind us. Which also allowed the cars coming from the route behind persistence also joined. Rest was chaos. Some time later, our side of traffic opened & we zoomed away. Really don't know, how long the stand-off lasted and what was the end result.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20180814_184431.jpg

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 16th August 2018 at 17:05.
saurabh2711 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 00:58   #10289
Senior - BHPian

Saw an article in TOI mentioning about local celebrities in Karnataka going for a drive. While this is nothing to be written about, what actually caught my attention was the pic which is taken by the girl standing on the seat with her head outside through the sunroof while the car clearly was being driven on what looks like a highway.

I don't understand what goes into their heads! Idiots.

Source : TOI.
Attached Images

TorqueyTechie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 04:58   #10290
BHPian

Tuesday (14th Aug) night, saw a white i20 in West Delhi area (Tilak Nagar/Janakpuri/Vikaspuri). This gentleman jumped two red lights (one at Subhash Nagar and another at Janakpuri west metro station - took a U turn on red. Point is, as a responsible citizen and a part of this community and particularly with that sticker on, please follow traffic rules. Felt disappointed to see this community member (or maybe not, but definitely had the Team BHP LTD sticker on) breaking traffic rules. The attached picture didn't capture the registration plate so sharing it.

And of course the purpose is not to shame anyone. Just spotted a bad driver, this time, with that sticker though.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_5664.jpg  

Last edited by Col Mehta : 17th August 2018 at 05:03.
Col Mehta is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed