Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2018, 02:56   #10321
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
Almost...
So that's why I was always told not to overtake at junctions!

Sadly, though, many never got that message, or ignored it, so we must expect oncoming traffic on the wrong side.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 04:06   #10322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
So that's why I was always told not to overtake at junctions!

Sadly, though, many never got that message, or ignored it, so we must expect oncoming traffic on the wrong side.
Idiots parking on turns are just as much to blame.
harsh79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 10:59   #10323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
On the way to office this morning, I saw an XUV driving with its hazards on continuously on the outer ring road! (Sorry, do not have a dashcam).

Initially I thought maybe there is something wrong with the car, but after following it for more than a couple of kilometers, as far as I could see he/she was driving absolutely normally on a bright sunny day!
I fully appreciate his sincerity in accepting that he, being on the road, it self is a big hazard to others on the road and society. Nothing wrong in my opinion

Last edited by gkveda : 31st August 2018 at 11:02.
gkveda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 12:54   #10324
BHPian

Quote:
Almost...
This is typical of Indian mentality and Indian driving. No use of talking about sense and all that.

As soon as you see the slightest gap ahead of you, try and get at least a millimeter of your vehicle into that .

What happens after that? Will I be able to complete this action without any hassle?
Will I cause any trouble to anyone else because of this action?
Any other potential mistake that can happen by quickly scanning the surrounding traffic condition?
Old 31st August 2018, 13:21   #10325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
[*]Parking the car in a non parkng zone.[*]Not observing an alien object on the wheel.
Even I missed to notice the lock they had put on my wheels. Had it been not for a nice gentleman passing by, I too would have broken either my alloys or the lock. The cops had put the locks on the passenger side wheel and I wouldn't have checked the wheel anyways since it was just a 10 mins stop. Especially after fitting the TPMS, I had even stopped checking the wheels every day before starting the car.
Anyways, after this incident, I am careful.
Holyghost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 15:20   #10326
BHPian

Quote:
Almost...
I have to say - Would have expected you to stop, look and then proceed. I don't believe you gave yourself that chance to properly assess if there was a potential hazard. Especially since there was a car parked on the corner.

This is not taking away the fact the the driver of the black car was no to blame.
Samir Taheer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 16:08   #10327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
I have to say - Would have expected you to stop, look and then proceed. I don't believe you gave yourself that chance to properly assess if there was a potential hazard. Especially since there was a car parked on the corner.

This is not taking away the fact the the driver of the black car was no to blame.
Cars on turns create blind spots, there's no way of telling what's ahead till the car's front is already in the way of traffic.

Yes I should have been driving even slower while negotiating the turn but one doesn't expect such ridiculous overtaking inside a residential colony area, that too with a solid line dividing the road.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 17:16   #10328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cars on turns create blind spots, there's no way of telling what's ahead till the car's front is already in the way of traffic.

Yes I should have been driving even slower while negotiating the turn but one doesn't expect such ridiculous overtaking inside a residential colony area, that too with a solid line dividing the road.
This is very common in Bangalore. Any turning vehicle will cut the corners without thinking or even bothering to know if any vehicle is coming towards them. I can see you are on the proper side and making a left turn. That person is well over the median. Slowing down is the only way out, but I always ask this to me, if I change, is it enough? (It is like < 5% of Indian population paying the income tax )
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 20:21   #10329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
This is very common in Bangalore. Any turning vehicle will cut the corners without thinking or even bothering to know if any vehicle is coming towards them. I can see you are on the proper side and making a left turn. That person is well over the median. Slowing down is the only way out, but I always ask this to me, if I change, is it enough? (It is like < 5% of Indian population paying the income tax )
Yep. They don't even need to be overtaking: they may be cutting the corner to turn into the street we are turning out of. With a blind wall in the way.

Yes, if you change it makes a difference, if only from the self-preservation point of view.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 21:51   #10330
BHPian

Parked his Swift DZire at the left of the Freeway from Chembur to Town. Got out and started taking pics of the factories at Wadala. Another beamer driving like a NASCAR event. Avoided ramming into the DZire by a whisker. Both at fault. But the real issue is when do such people learn?
Old 31st August 2018, 21:59   #10331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
I directed them towards the front right wheel.
Not observing an alien object on the wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
But in my case, there was no other bhpian to inform me; plus it wasn't clearly a "no-parking" area (Pune has a lot of such grey areas)

I thought they put a prominent notice on the windscreen when Wheel Clamp Lock is used. I have seen few times Bengaluru Traffic Police putting the notice for the driver on the windscreen.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 22:13   #10332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I thought they put a prominent notice on the windscreen when Wheel Clamp Lock is used.
Not here.

Forget the notice, some clamps do not even have a number that the offenders could call on and request the police to come and collect the fine; And of course, unlock the wheel!

But that warning on the windshield is a good step. I could plant this idea into a cop's mind the next time I see him use the tool .
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 01:21   #10333
BHPian

Bad driver in me honking furiously at future of India discussing about India's 8.2% GDP or maybe space program right in middle of the road around 23:40 !

These kids should be +2 class!?

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 2nd September 2018 at 01:34.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 09:09   #10334
Senior - BHPian

This is what I and most of us deal with on a daily basis.

How many morons can you spot in this video?

n_aditya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 10:30   #10335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
This is what I and most of us deal with on a daily basis.
Two observations.

1. A lot of cities have free left turn with no way of knowing if this particular one has a red signal for left turn also or not.

2. The traffic police needs to turn on that green signal for the left turn s bit longer. I could not see any reason for it to be red when all the opposite lane had their green signal on and there was no barrier to all those vehicles coming from behind you and taking that false left turn.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks