Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2007, 21:35   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischint View Post
undersged driver's [ like me]..who have no license won't create a problem because they are always steady...and will drive like a normal guy so cops wont notice them..[ by looking the way they drive]....hehehe..
Hmm..you remind me of someone i know .There are some underaged ppl whose only intention is to rip their cars and show off in front of chicks etc.Agreed some of them drive well..
That said,
Team bhp does not support underage driving
Old 5th May 2007, 12:23   #227
BHPian

Guys.
How about the new car owners (mostly 800s,altos etc), who plod along in thier new car, at 30kmph,in the inside lane AND WILL NOT MOVE OVER.
Old 5th May 2007, 13:18   #228
BHPian

And what about ladies riding on their scooties and activas, they show a hand signal ALMOST AFTER they've turned! Beat that!

Last edited by NeedaUsername : 5th May 2007 at 13:25.
Old 5th May 2007, 22:12   #229
BHPian

Trust me guys no one can beat the lady drivers on the road.Infact my first bike accident was caused by a careless driving lady.The other day i spotted a girl with her "Rear view mirrors" turned towards her face so she coud see herself all the time.I pulled my bike beside her car at the signal and told wat "Rear view mirrors" mean.This one is unbeatable,i pass by this lady driving a santro with a magazine on her steering wheel,multi tasking.eh??
Cheers!!!
Old 5th May 2007, 22:39   #230
BHPian

happened to me today

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel View Post
i second that.

for drivers who graduate from bikes, it is hard to come to terms. they try to maneuver the car arouund like the bike, squeezing into gaps. i hope they realize the difference sooner. (i hope i do because i observed this from watching myself drive )
One guy (u know how much I am controlling my anger) on bike this morning took a right turn in front of me passing me from left while I was going at 60 KMPH near cyber pearl. I felt like wacking the guy, even stopped at cyber pearl, what was the damn guy thinking. Good day for him and me he got in to the building before I could catch him. I am happy about his escape today.

Me thinks many taxi fellas are better than most bikers and lady drivers.

Last edited by sreenivass : 5th May 2007 at 22:41.
Old 6th May 2007, 11:42   #231
BHPian

in addition to all the drivers being bad the ones who are literate are worse cause they drive with the knowledge that they are speeding in service roads and they care a damn.
These are the literate morons. i guess should be shot in the event of an accident.
Old 19th May 2007, 20:53   #232
BHPian

Very simple, the ones who honks in a road with bumper-2-bumper traffic and also in a completely empty road.
Old 20th May 2007, 20:17   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover View Post
new delhi - watch out for Call centre cars with Haryana number plates (qualis ) mad drivers ... they are maddd ... i swear give them a vtec ..they will smoke the best of us in a street race ..
May I add, in fact, HR reg vehicles seem to have earned a bad name over the years. There seem to be too many bad drivers with HR number plates. In Delhi, too often you will find the neuveau riche types have the worst attitude... (Don't want to mention which are the common localities.) Driving fast isn't the same as driving well. But who's gonna educate these people?!

On two occasions I've had elderly (seemingly educated respectable) folks turn into a six-lane road--there's no traffic and they're looking at me coming--and yet bump into me.

Last edited by unigen : 20th May 2007 at 20:23.
Old 20th May 2007, 20:27   #234

Talk about lady drivers: two lady drivers in Singapore approaching a crossing--they can see each other--not driving very fast, and... crash!!!

hehehehe...
Old 20th May 2007, 20:35   #235

Lady drivers - II:

I'm approaching a red light at a busy time of the day and this girl (in an alto i think) cuts across and I nearly get hit. I'm in a good mood and methinks "okay, no probs... s*** happens... I'm cool..." etc. But I look back at her and the windows are closed and I can't hear her, but I can see the animated gestures and that she's screaming at ME!

Man, the temper...!
Old 21st May 2007, 10:08   #236
Senior - BHPian

well, just yday, i was driving down this road ,and a lady over takes me. So im like, please carry on. as we proceed, one side of the road gets blocked and there is just enough space for one vehicle. This lady is determined to go thru. I just could not belive it, cause it was a blind tunr, and you cannot see the vhicles approching. I double backed, and took a U turn to get out of there before i got boxed in. by then cars had piled up behind me. I took a slightly circuitous route, and when i passed on the other side of the road, sure enough, there was a huge traffic jam. pity...
Old 21st May 2007, 10:10   #237
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, the better drivers are those who display courtesy when they drive. (I have seen just about a handful of them) they move if you flash, and indicate. Well ketp cars, (read: Clean and non battered) are another sign of caring drivers. Buses, trucks, cars with muflers and the worst kind of drivers in Chennai atleast are those of Large white diesel vehicles( innovas, octis, safaris, etc etc) with flag poles in front. Those are party vehicles, and the drivers drive them like they OWN the road.
Old 21st May 2007, 10:11   #238
Senior - BHPian

forgot to add - Another, rather scary bunch of drivers are those of them vehicles like the greaves garuda - completly closed off, driver sitting in the center, and very responsive engine. They usually launch at signals, usually clipping your indicator along when they do.
Old 23rd May 2007, 19:49   #239

Hyderabad Bus drivers will Never allow u to overtake....

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
I never trail city bus. The move from right most lane to the left most at a bus stop even without watching the rear. Once they leave the bust stop again it's the reverse from left lane to right lane. They are very bullish in changing the lanes. I never saw a bus with working tail lights.

I guess this situation is only limited to Hyderabad. As I was also from Hyderabad I know that problem.

Hyderabad Bus drivers will Never allow u to overtake from Right-hand side
I even wrote to Newspapers (they prefer only to write stories about sachin & silpha shetty & not problems faced by common man everyday) & APSRTC officials to properly Train their staff but in vain; you know thats how 'Sarkari' things goes.... Non-owner driven vehicles Rule the roads

1 more common problem in Hyderabad is people sitting in buses Spitting from Window out of a moving vehicles even this goes with drivers of luxury cars and autos chewing pans & Spitting on roads.

Most of these problems can only be solved when India can make the other 50% of its Gigantic Population Literates.
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:49   #240

I second that. Education is the real issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks