Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2018, 19:46   #10441
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
No offense to any Maruti Eeco/Versa/Omni owners here, but I have observed here in Delhi/NCR that most of the drivers of these vehicles drive in a way that they own the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
2. As the van gets older, even the owner doesn't give two hoots about exterior damage as long as it gets the work done. This unaccountability is what makes drivers so carefree.

What else can we expect?

Better to maintain a distance and not get into an altercation with them.
According to me, what gives them additional confidence is their very narrow width. Not to mention, their non existent bonnets which makes them closest tailgaters ever.
In Delhi your rear view mirror is your biggest tool, I avoid these guys like the plague and let them pass at the first instinct.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 21:23   #10442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Saw this incident in Goa and captured it on my dashcam. Pedestrian saw a car driving on the wrong side. He stood in it's path and asked him to reverse and drive on the correct side. Driver refused and instead nudged the pedestrian. This infuriated the pedestrian who just vandalised the car:
Can you send me clear pic of car with numberplate if visible? Will report him to cops.

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd November 2018 at 06:38. Reason: Removing embedded video from quoted post.
Old 1st November 2018, 21:28   #10443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Can you send me clear pic of car with numberplate if visible? Will report him to cops.
KA04MN5745. I guess it's OK to refer the number here due to a remarkably bad driving there when others were following the rules.

RTO app confirms it's a Swift VDi.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 06:38   #10444
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
KA04MN5745. I guess it's OK to refer the number here due to a remarkably bad driving there when others were following the rules.

RTO app confirms it's a Swift VDi.
I could have reported him too but thought it would be futile since the car was out of state.
Old 2nd November 2018, 10:00   #10445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Today, encountered this moron who brake tested me.
In my TUV 300, with the high bonnet, 2 wheelers disappear under (from my point of vision behind the wheel) it if they get too close. God help me if I were in your situation and if I'd been adjusting the AC or something else at that precise moment when the moron had braked - I'd have bulldozed him.

Wonder if the cops/law in our country is mature enough to hold the moron at fault. Brake-checking leaves the driver at fault in developed countries; the one who rams the brake-checker is never held at fault and in fact I suspect that the victim is allowed to sue such morons for special damages (pain, suffering etc.)
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 10:08   #10446
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Today, encountered this moron who brake tested me. ]
Well, I wish I had your patience level. If that happened to me and if I have a dashcam by my side, I wouldn't mind ramming his backside.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 10:12   #10447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Well, I wish I had your patience level. If that happened to me and if I have a dashcam by my side, I wouldn't mind ramming his backside.
But I suspect that the law will still hold you responsible. In the infinite wisdom of our cops and judges - I suspect that it'll be held that the bigger vehicle is at fault, dashcam footage or not. What do you think?
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 21:38   #10448
BHPian

Vehicles going straight may have priority but we should not rigidly follow it all the time in our country, especially at extremely busy yet unmanned intersections. In many instances vehicles that are trying to move across your lane at an intersection are already holding up traffic for minutes, creating gridlocks on the other side, as they are unable to move across because of non-stop flow of traffic on your lane.

In such cases, you may assess the situation and voluntarily give way to these vehicles, even if it means breaking from your flow of traffic while driving straight. It is your right of way, but in this case you did a bit towards releasing a seemingly small bunch of vehicles that ultimately broke off a now-long traffic jam on the other side.

Most of the time in cities, we have just too much chaos on the road. Giving your right of way may help the overall traffic flow many a times. What goes around comes around!

Last edited by haldar_siliguri : 4th November 2018 at 21:41.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 23:13   #10449
Distinguished - BHPian

Right of way, I guess, implies the option of giving way. Sometimes, though, the only option is pushing in!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 12:38   #10450
Senior - BHPian

Another day, another biker on the phone, no helmet etc.
Slowing down at every such gap even if there is no pedestrian crossing is not easy, but the only way to avoid mishaps - this is the Mysore - Bangalore road.
BenjiRoss is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 16:08   #10451
BHPian

Bad drivers or not but the images below depict the civic apathy of certain vehicle owners near my residence. These self-centered individuals use two-wheelers to block public parking spaces vacated by cars so that they are assured of ample parking for their own cars. Sometimes the cars owned by these 'space hogs' are out for days together, yet their dilapidated, rusted two-wheelers, parked parallel to the kerb, are not moved even an inch to create space for other car owners residing in the same area. This insensitivity towards fellow citizens in a space starved city is appalling.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-4.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-5.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-8.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-7.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-2.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-3.jpg  

greenoval is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 12:02   #10452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenoval View Post
Sometimes the cars owned by these 'space hogs' are out for days together, yet their dilapidated, rusted two-wheelers, parked parallel to the kerb, are not moved even an inch to create space for other car owners residing in the same area. This insensitivity towards fellow citizens in a space starved city is appalling.
You can simple remove the 2 wheeler and move it a bit to easily park your vehicle. Or is it that the parking spots are designated and they are doing so to prevent use of their allocated parking space?
Old 10th November 2018, 15:42   #10453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
You can simple remove the 2 wheeler and move it a bit to easily park your vehicle. Or is it that the parking spots are designated and they are doing so to prevent use of their allocated parking space?
This stretch of road is public and parking is open to all on both sides of the road. None of the buildings on this road have parking space inside and residents with cars use the road to park. However, there are no dedicated spaces allocated since it's public property. In an ideal scenario the car that arrives first should get to park but on this road, the available spaces are blocked using two-wheelers parked parallel to kerb by some residents.

I once moved a two-wheeler to park my car and to my dismay found all four tyres deflated the next morning. I am planning to put the pictures up on Mumbai traffic police complaints portal and see what action they take.
greenoval is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 16:21   #10454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenoval View Post

I once moved a two-wheeler to park my car and to my dismay found all four tyres deflated the next morning. I am planning to put the pictures up on Mumbai traffic police complaints portal and see what action they take.
Typical blackmail that people resort to these days. They act as if they own the land in front of their houses and shops etc. Gates I understand but otherwise it is legally wrong. You should have deflated the car parked their the next day. Teach them the lesson back. Cops are not going to act in this case.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 16:50   #10455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Another day, another biker on the phone, no helmet etc.
Slowing down at every such gap even if there is no pedestrian crossing is not easy, but the only way to avoid mishaps - this is the Mysore - Bangalore road.
Sorry for going OT, I was just admiring the footage, what dash cam do you have? Looks great! Great dynamic range, colour and truly hi-def!
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks