Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2019, 12:30   #10606
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

After dropping of my car for service, I was taking a walk along the side path, when I observe a youngster, must be all of 19/20 years of age, riding a bi-cycle, on the main highway, in very crowded road, talking on the phone and with no safety gear worth mentioning, other than his thick hide. I just shook my head in wonder, I know it’s not a wonder but every time I see it, it rankles me.
Old 6th April 2019, 23:33   #10607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
After dropping of my car for service, I was taking a walk along the side path, when I observe a youngster, must be all of 19/20 years of age, riding a bi-cycle, on the main highway, in very crowded road, talking on the phone and with no safety gear worth mentioning, other than his thick hide. I just shook my head in wonder, I know it’s not a wonder but every time I see it, it rankles me.
Oh man, you would enjoy driving down NH 47.

As you get closer to Madurai, you'll spot more and more motorists, especially bikes driving down the wrong side of the highway while talking on the phone. No helmets in sight. I guess they think riding a TVS-50 makes you invincible .
Old 7th April 2019, 00:11   #10608
Team-BHP Support

7 PM, Rajarajeshwari Nagar Signal. Three kids, none looked more than 5-7 years old, sticking out the sunroof of a moving WR-V, while the front passenger had another unsecured toddler on the lap.
Old 8th April 2019, 07:43   #10609
Senior - BHPian

Turning into the highway while coming on the wrong side of the service lane - this driver forgot his car has a turning radius!

I wonder what the rules are about service lanes - aren't they supposed to be one-way?
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 09:38   #10610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alterlife View Post
Oh man, you would enjoy driving down NH 47.

As you get closer to Madurai, you'll spot more and more motorists, especially bikes driving down the wrong side of the highway while talking on the phone. No helmets in sight. I guess they think riding a TVS-50 makes you invincible .
Funny that you mentioned it. Did a drive from Tuticorin to Trichy a few days back and my head started hurting with all the head shaking i was doing watching multiple people doing that.
deathwalkr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 10:10   #10611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Turning into the highway while coming on the wrong side of the service lane -

I wonder what the rules are about service lanes - aren't they supposed to be one-way?
Would you help letting know which car you are referring to, is it the i10 that appeared to have overshot the exit to the service lane?

Yes, service lanes are expected to be one way. However, people use it as a two way street.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th April 2019 at 12:01. Reason: Spacing
swissknife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 10:31   #10612
BHPian

@Alterlife, I drove down to Chennai, yesterday and I do 2nd your view, the chaps who revel in driving on the wrong side is exasperating to say the least. Nothing much can be done about it, I guess.
Old 8th April 2019, 10:52   #10613

No Words pathetic !

dupe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 11:21   #10614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupe View Post
No Words pathetic !

-----
Is there a way for us to report this to concerned authority? I can see the plates are of KA and since I don't have FB can someone report this? The guy who let his drove should be punished.

Last edited by xcentrk : 8th April 2019 at 11:42.
xcentrk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 11:30   #10615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Would you help letting know which car you are referring to, is it the i10 that appeared to have overshot the exit to the service lane?

Yes, service lanes are expected to be one way. However, people use it as a two way street.
Yes it's the i10. He was making a "U turn" into the highway and that's what caused him to end up using 2 lanes of the highway. He makes a red car move to the next lane and almost nudges a 2 wheeler as he turns in.
Name:  Screenshot_201904081015552.png
Views: 1232
Size:  69.3 KB
Old 8th April 2019, 11:51   #10616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupe View Post
No Words pathetic !
Seriously, what's wrong with these people? It's one thing teaching kids to drive which itself is illegal on public roads, this thing is on whole another level making a short movie out of your kid driving through public roads.
Old 8th April 2019, 11:54   #10617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcentrk View Post
Is there a way for us to report this to concerned authority? I can see the plates are of KA and since I don't have FB can someone report this? The guy who let his drove should be punished.
I agree. It is imperative that the owner of this car is to be punished. Flaunting such blatant violation of the rules shouldn't be left alone. If it were, such would only be on the increase.

swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 12:00   #10618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcentrk View Post
Few of us have reported by tweeting BLRTraffic Police on yesterday. This "as usual" ended up appearing as an article on Cartoq too.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 12:10   #10619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I agree. It is imperative that the owner of this car is to be punished. Flaunting such blatant violation of the rules shouldn't be left alone. If it were, such would only be on the increase.

There is no two ways about it. The parent should be punished. What is he teaching his kid? He is teaching his kid to breach the law and that is ok. This is some different level of offense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Few of us have reported by tweeting BLRTraffic Police on yesterday. This "as usual" ended up appearing as an article on Cartoq too.
Thanks for reporting it. This is not only about endangering his kid's life but about the other's life. Why would a bystander or any pedestrians suffer for his wrong doing?

And about Cartoq, .
Old 8th April 2019, 15:49   #10620

No words to describe these people!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks