Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2019, 05:41   #10621

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcentrk View Post
Is there a way for us to report this to concerned authority? I can see the plates are of KA and since I don't have FB can someone report this? The guy who let his drove should be punished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Yes it's the i10. He was making a "U turn" into the highway and that's what caused him to end up using 2 lanes of the highway. He makes a red car move to the next lane and almost nudges a 2 wheeler as he turns in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I agree. It is imperative that the owner of this car is to be punished. Flaunting such blatant violation of the rules shouldn't be left alone. If it were, such would only be on the increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Few of us have reported by tweeting BLRTraffic Police on yesterday. This "as usual" ended up appearing as an article on Cartoq too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcentrk View Post
There is no two ways about it. The parent should be punished. What is he teaching his kid? He is teaching his kid to breach the law and that is ok. This is some different level of offense!

Thanks for reporting it. This is not only about endangering his kid's life but about the other's life. Why would a bystander or any pedestrians suffer for his wrong doing?

And about Cartoq, .
I think it has been reported , many comments in section says that .

I m running out of words to write on this kind of behavior , there was one video like this about a kid driving a Ferrari and we all know where the infamous parent landed .Hopefully the authorities will do the steps to prevent that , again its a may be !
Old 9th April 2019, 14:43   #10622
Distinguished - BHPian

This water tanker was busy cleaning the road but picked the wrong time to do so:

Comedy of errors and wait till the end for the finale:

Bikers on the wrong lane:

naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 19:18   #10623
Distinguished - BHPian

Encountered these bad drivers when I drove to Chikmagalur yesterday.
1. How not to park on a highway:

This could have been worse and I only hope they were able to survive without any crash. One of the many reasons why I always advocate why one should drive on the leftmost lane (On 4 lane) highway that I have lost memories on threads I have mentioned this. You drive a car and not a truck that you crib about losing momentum or effort needed to change lanes. I was lucky as I mostly get back to driving lane (left) soon after my overtakes. Now imagine a heavy vehicle that usually hogs onto the fast lane and confronting this stationary car at the last second!!! I have absolutely no clue why this M800 was parking that way and there was no option for me to stop ahead and inform him due to my speeds (110-120).
2. Getting carried away; so I change lane the way I want

This fella in a Swift was one of these many drivers we see who are oblivious to cars "automatically" changing lanes on curves. The drive was least aware or bothered about the dangers of such maneuvers anyway

Last edited by paragsachania : 12th April 2019 at 19:21.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 20:00   #10624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Encountered these bad drivers when I drove to Chikmagalur yesterday.
Two geniuses on the highway !.

Was the M800 broken down? Even if it was, no indication provided at all!

The lane changer just moved as if he was sitting on a sofa and moved to his left a little bit! On top of it, he had to slow down after spotting another vehicle in the left lane. This was a classic example of how to just anticipate ABSOLUTELY any kind of move from anyone anytime and be prepared mentally to react!

Watch like a hawk and do not even blink on Indian roads !.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 15:55   #10625
Senior - BHPian

Riders like these scare me in the city
1. Four people on a bike
2. Im not going to guess the age, but they looked significantly younger than me
3. They are bleary eyed and have a glazed look. The dash-cam may not have captured this well, but looking at them for a brief moment in real life was very eerie and disheartening.
4. Opened alcohol bottle held in the hands.
5. And yeah.... they were on the wrong side of the road almost brushing past a few people.
6. No helmets
I'm not sure where they will end up, but I do hope life gives them a lesson and another chance to get back on track....
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 23:09   #10626
BHPian

I wanted to test out a new set of headlights on the car and hence took the car out for a spin on NICE road.

It is surprising to see so many private vehicles illegally overtaking on the emergency lane without any hesitation. What if some vehicle is stopped and he/she cannot see? Is this common nowadays?

This is the situation at night! 3 cars ( a Duster in the beginning, a Swift and an Etios) in a span of 1.5 minutes. And people complain that cabbies are poor mannered drivers.
nikhn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 09:56   #10627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
I wanted to test out a new set of headlights on the car and hence took the car out for a spin on NICE road.

It is surprising to see so many private vehicles illegally overtaking on the emergency lane without any hesitation. What if some vehicle is stopped and he/she cannot see? Is this common nowadays?

This is the situation at night! 3 cars ( a Duster in the beginning, a Swift and an Etios) in a span of 1.5 minutes. And people complain that cabbies are poor mannered drivers.
If there is space, we will take it. Rules and safety be damned!

Which lights? And were they on low beam? Nice throw
Old 22nd April 2019, 10:04   #10628
BHPian

The license plate has “Member of Parliament” on it.

I posted this on the HTP twitter page too, no response. The HawkEye app seems to be broken.

Sad state of affairs in Hyderabad since few years now. Previously the red lights were equipped with cameras that would take pics automatically. Doesn’t look like they work anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-40aa895288044c5890bea362b5fa7adf.jpeg  

shifu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 11:11   #10629
BHPian

I dont know if this post fits here (mods please take a call) however this crazed car driver (apparently a woman) last night was driving like a maniac from Lalbagh opposite passport office right till south end circle. There were 3 other guys in the car and all of them had beer cans! My daughter managed to click this picture (pardon the clarity). BR01DG0007 OR BR01DC0007.

What surprises me is when I check this in VAHAN, both the numbers throw a CRETA (one a petrol and the other a diesel) as the car make. Have I unearthed something here?

I certainly want to bring this to the attention of the cops for rash and DUI. In the process let them also validate the authenticity of the car and its owner! Any pointers?
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-car.jpg  

Last edited by sumathindra : 22nd April 2019 at 11:12. Reason: edits
Old 22nd April 2019, 11:12   #10630
BHPian

In Hyderabad, you can whatsapp pics or videos of violations to this number- 09490617346. They are asking citizens to actively take part and send them such information.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 11:22   #10631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Any pointers?
Registration number from the above image appears to be 0002 rather than 0007.

EDIT: Parivahan website says that the car is indeed a Kwid but an RxL trim. Not sure if Renault offered Kwid Climber edition in RxL or not.

Last edited by self_driven : 22nd April 2019 at 11:29.
Old 22nd April 2019, 11:54   #10632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I dont know if this post fits here (mods please take a call) however this crazed car driver (apparently a woman) last night was driving like a maniac from Lalbagh opposite passport office right till south end circle. There were 3 other guys in the car and all of them had beer cans! My daughter managed to click this picture (pardon the clarity). BR01DG0007 OR BR01DC0007.

What surprises me is when I check this in VAHAN, both the numbers throw a CRETA (one a petrol and the other a diesel) as the car make. Have I unearthed something here?

I certainly want to bring this to the attention of the cops for rash and DUI. In the process let them also validate the authenticity of the car and its owner! Any pointers?

BR-01-DG-0002 comes up with the following result:

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1555914203.329196.jpg

Combinations like DC-0002 or DG-8002, DC-8002 gives a result which isn't a Kwid.
Old 22nd April 2019, 12:05   #10633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
In Hyderabad, you can whatsapp pics or videos of violations to this number- 09490617346. They are asking citizens to actively take part and send them such information.
I usually upload the picture with date and time on their facebook page.
Action is taken in less than a day.

On a funny note, I was about to cross the Telugu Talli flyover, when the signal jumped to yellow and immediately went to red. I keep my speed at signals slow because you never know when a pedestrian decides to run across the road.

I stopped right where I was.
Which was on the zebra crossing.

So now have a challan on my car.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 12:48   #10634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post

I see this as very common practice. Once when I pointed this out in other thread "Rash drivers or Bangalore traffic rants" one of the forum member justified it as well

Last edited by bblost : 22nd April 2019 at 12:50. Reason: removed embedded video.
Old 22nd April 2019, 13:11   #10635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
BR-01-DG-0002 comes up with the following result:

Attachment 1870441

Combinations like DC-0002 or DG-8002, DC-8002 gives a result which isn't a Kwid.
Yeah this is what I also came up with. Even if I approach the cops here can they trace this car and its occupants? or is it a lost cause I am staring at?
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_6093.png  

sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks