Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2019, 13:57   #10726
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Imagine this guy, completely ashamed, waiting till the train passes and the barrier opens. Oh, what am I saying? These people probably don't even know what shame is.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20190704_134310.jpg
jailbird_fynix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 18:07   #10727
BHPian

One of the most peculiar thing I have noticed about bad riders/drivers that lack patience, is that they are absolutely slow! I mean, take a motorist who jumps red lights, I can guarantee that the person, once they cross the red light would proceed at a snails pace. The same can be seen in motorcycles and autorickshaws that overtake you when you slow down for a speed hump. The vehicles suffer cause they don't slow down for the speed hump in their eagerness to overtake, and then drive S-L-O-W right in front of you! I have never understood that logic! You might as well go slow behind me and save your suspension!
esoticoreventon is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 20:42   #10728
BHPian

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20190704_162441.jpg
Saw this today at my office parking lot. This gentleman decided it was okay to park in the driveway close to the tunnel that leads to the exit, instead of driving a few 100m to find a proper spot. The best part was that he waited for me to leave before turning his car off to prevent being questioned. I would've left him a note while leaving if i wasn't in a hurry. And, this is not the only time this has happened.
Old 5th July 2019, 10:23   #10729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukund View Post
Saw this today at my office parking lot. This gentleman decided it was okay to park in the driveway close to the tunnel that leads to the exit, instead of driving a few 100m to find a proper spot. The best part was that he waited for me to leave before turning his car off to prevent being questioned. I would've left him a note while leaving if i wasn't in a hurry. And, this is not the only time this has happened.
If you let the facilities team know they will be happy to lock his car and fine him right?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 12:49   #10730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
I mean, take a motorist who jumps red lights, I can guarantee that the person, once they cross the red light would proceed at a snails pace.
+1
I face this scenario every single time whenever I'm at the front at a signal.
Here's how it goes
Signal is red, timer running.
5..4.. impatient honking and revving starts.
3..2.. couple of them start pulling away.
0. Green, I (in my Activa) move and accelerate normally and settle at 45 kmph.
Zip.. Zip.. Zip all the dragsters in my rvm.
arbaz906 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 23:40   #10731
BHPian

Spotted multiple bad drivers today:

1. Bad driver 1 in heavily tinted white Scorpio wants to take a right from the intersection ahead, so he skips the entire queue and stops just behind my car on the left lane(check my left ORVM), thereby blocking traffic on that lane (it's a free left):

2. On a single lane road where traffic on my side has come to a standstill, these totos and autos decide to skip the entire queue (about 200-300 metres long) and end up completely blocking the opposite lane. Result= took me more than half an hour to get to my destination, which was literally 500 metres from my house.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20190710_111002.jpg

Lastly, found this gem on Reddit:
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-screenshot_20190710232227_reddit.png

Last edited by boniver : 10th July 2019 at 23:41.
boniver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 13:00   #10732
Senior - BHPian

The U-Turn point was just a few meters away!

deathwalkr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 13:50   #10733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
The U-Turn point was just a few meters away!
<sarcasm> What is the use of having an SUV otherwise? He needs to make full use of it's capabilities!! </sarcasm>
the_joker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 07:43   #10734
BHPian

Spotted this bike in my college parking lot. How can someone be so foolish?

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20181001_091818.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20181001_091813.jpg
Old 20th July 2019, 10:15   #10735
BHPian

Quote:
That should be low jacked! Here in DLF Cybercity they are quite strict about only parking in company specific slots.

Honestly am now used to wrong side drivers and mobile handheld ones. New menace: merge onto on coming traffic (from left most lane side, a U turn) without looking at what is coming “behind” you. Being nonchalant and knowing that the other “merging” traffic will/should manage on their own.

99% of good driving is: being polite, yielding, and respecting others. Most will never have this here. Can culture be changed. No. The ‘f’ out of the ‘fun’ of driving is gone! Driving is so frustrating now.

Last edited by navin : 22nd July 2019 at 11:13. Reason: typos
asingh1977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 21:04   #10736
BHPian

Spotted this today at Benz Circle which is an intersection of two national highways.

This gentleman simply parked his car on the road and walked away. Clicked a picture and forwarded to cops.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20190720_171344.jpg
Pferdestarke is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 00:04   #10737
Senior - BHPian

The sheer magnitude of stupidity of Indian drivers is beyond belief. How dumb must you be in order to do the things you see on this thread? As a country, yep, we're completely doomed.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 04:28   #10738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
The sheer magnitude of stupidity of Indian drivers is beyond belief. How dumb must you be in order to do the things you see on this thread? As a country, yep, we're completely doomed.
Just slightly less dumb than those who do the things on the accident thread!

Well, ok... same dumb. Nothing will happen: always true until the day it does. That's the difference between the bad-driver thread and the accident thread.

Quote:
we're completely doomed.
On that note, I think I might as well go to bed!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 04:34   #10739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I am dismayed by the negativity in this post. What makes you think we can't plumb lower depths in stupidity? I am convinced we can.

In fact I am sure that when autonomous vehicles come to India they too will start driving like this within 6 months!
sridhu is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 07:42   #10740
BANNED

Quote:
Attachment 1890110
Saw this today at my office parking lot. This gentleman decided it was okay to park in the driveway close to the tunnel that leads to the exit, instead of driving a few 100m to find a proper spot.
I once ended up in an extremely heated argument (I was looking for a chance of addressing the itch though, but couldn't), which even got the police involved - just because of one such fool.

It was in the pacific business park of Noida, we had 2 parkings with us between two pillars. Since the passport office is also there; two guys and one woman came in a Creta, foolishly parked their car smack in the center, occupying both our slots and started to leave. I reached at the same time and inquired if the car belongs to them - to which they denied.

I knew the car belongs to them, so I simply called up my friend in front of them only and asked him to reach office quickly. It was a tight fit but now we had an XUV and a Scorpio tightly sandwiching the Creta between the two pillars itself (Ideally our cars were parked right now). And we left to have lunch.

After around 45 minutes, we started getting call after call on our phones, so we switched them off
Now we leisurely walked to the basement parking, just to find a phantom bike (cops) parked over there, a fuming uncle, even more fuming aunty and these three 'children' of theirs. I walked to the car and said "what happened?"

The uncle was really fuming, so I requested him in a very gentle tone (Jaat style tone , any Delhi or Gurgaon guy will understand, the gentleness of that tone) to lower the pitch of his voice and tell his kids to shut up immediately. Then I told security to show the CCTV footage; which would take another hour and I, well knew, that they were getting late for going to nowhere.

Now the cop told me to remove the car or give him the key, to which I clearly said "Daroga ji, thodi duri bana ke rakho, likhit shikayat laao - fir gaadi ki baat karna. Hamari gaadi sahi khadi hai, aur yeh toh hategi nahi (SI saab, keep the required distance and bring the written complaint before asking me for the key, the car won't move, it's parked right)". This gave a clear message to both cops and the family that I am in no mood of any arbitration over this and I already expressed my extreme anger over the fact that these guys ignored me right at that moment itself when i entered the parking lot.

Finally I suggested the uncle that ask your sons to open the boot, get in the car, disengage the handbrake and push it out. So they did.

Since that day, the guards never allowed even any two wheeler in our specified parking spot

Last edited by VKumar : 21st July 2019 at 07:43.
VKumar is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks