Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2019, 14:45   #10741
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Felt the power of the Ghethu factor (aka Thug Life factor) of the Royal Enfield Bullet bike a few times.

1. The Red Enfield Bullet rider decides to turn right across me when I'm still moving at a brisk pace. When I shrugged my shoulder he shouted, "Naa dha varrennu theridhu illa? Edhukku Niruthala" (Can't you see I am coming - why didnt you stop?)

PS: The wide angle and position of the Viofo dash-cam makes it look like the bike is ahead of my car. I couldnt see his indicator well and he seems indecisive through most of the video.

Also seen in the video:

Catch the other biker who tries to sneak across while I wait for the Enfield rider to run out of steam. Don't miss the final biker riding the pavement on a one-way bridge a little later. These 2 bikers are mere mortals though.

2. This was a rider who caused more inconvenience than anything serious. He pushes his bike back to the middle and starts his bike and rides off without acknowledging he has potentially blocked traffic. To make doubly sure that the Ghethu factor is shown, he pulls out his mobile talks for a while and then stopped away from the kerb to ensure more people stop for him. Hats off to your Ghethu display. Helmets off also. Rearview Mirror off too!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd July 2019 at 00:50. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
BenjiRoss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 16:53   #10742
Senior - BHPian

Bike Acrobatics: 'nuff said

deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 19:17   #10743
BHPian

Haryana Roadways buses! Pity the poor mini-tempo in front of the Truck.

sinharishi is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 20:45   #10744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Since that day, the guards never allowed even any two wheeler in our specified parking spot
Nicely done. Some people need to learn lessons the hard way.

Btw, how much space do you have to fit 3 big vehicles side by side? My standard office parking typically just give exactly 2 vehicles space. At time if a big vehicle is parked in one slot, i have to squeeze my way in and out of the driver seat.

Also, if not already present, to avoid future incidents why not mark the spot as reserved. Many multi-office parking lots has the company board or name pasted on the floor, wall or ceiling above. It would hopefully ensure that others would know this is a reserved parking slot.

About 3 weeks back i was driving on the ORR at around 90kmph. I was on the rightmost lane. There was a sedan, (I think it was a Skoda) on the second from right lane about 100 m ahead doing similar speeds. I had in fact been behind that vehicle for some time now. We were just crossing the Airport toll exit, when i saw his brake lights light up. I immediately started to brake as well. That guy literally came to a full stop on the second lane. I assume he wanted to take the exit and missed it. He was on the second lane for the duration i could see him in my rear view mirror. So for maybe a minute plus here is a vehicle on the fast lane (second right lane is a fast lane in ORR), either reversing or staying put.

Since there was no news of any accident in the ORR over the next few days, i can safely assume that luck favored the crazy once again.

Additional information - There was very less traffic on the ORR. It was around 3pm. At that very moment it was just me and that other vehicle for about 500 mts around. We had crossed 3 other vehicles about 2-3 minutes prior to this.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd July 2019 at 00:48. Reason: Back to back posts / spacing
Old 22nd July 2019, 21:26   #10745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post

2. This was a rider who caused more inconvenience than anything serious. He pushes his bike back to the middle and starts his bike and rides off without acknowledging he has potentially blocked traffic. To make doubly sure that the Ghethu factor is shown, he pulls out his mobile talks for a while and then stopped away from the kerb to ensure more people stop for him. Hats off to your Ghethu display. Helmets off also. Rearview Mirror off too!

The Fiat/ PAL 'pick up truck' at 0:15 is very interesting!

Obviously completely off topic!

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd July 2019 at 22:16. Reason: Removing embedded video from quoted post.
Old 22nd July 2019, 21:58   #10746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post

Driver looks like an absolute idiot. What if there was a large crater hiding underneath the pool of water.
guru_max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 01:18   #10747
BHPian

That was a great article. As per my experience, the huge long trucks on the highways with no indicator lights and no brake lights are extremely dangerous. Especially during night time, suddenly they start changing lanes, without a clue. Most probably because they feel sleepy
Old 23rd July 2019, 09:25   #10748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guess he saw this video for inspiration

naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 10:03   #10749
BHPian

Quote:
More than the bus, we should be thinking of the poor drainage of the road. That area will soon be riddled with potholes.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd July 2019 at 10:15. Reason: Removing YouTube URL from the quoted post (repetition). Thanks.
Old 26th July 2019, 20:38   #10750
Distinguished - BHPian

I am lazy to remove the memory card and hunt for bad drivers in those saved clips as it is very usual these days not to miss them on road.

Today was even better - A School bus that jumps the signal with kids onboard, A 2 Wheeler rider on the wrong side (and casual) and a Cop least bothered about riders with no helmets.

1. School Bus Jumps Signal and then hoodwinks the cops:

School Bus with Kids Jumps a Signal and upon spotting cops flagging down vehicles next to that Big Building, suddenly makes a right turn along with others who jumped the signal. There was an ambulance that was right behind me on Siren and honking to get way and I moved ahead and parked waiting for the light to turn green for me.

2. 2 Wheeler rider on the wrong side:
I love such confidence. Look at the way this rider emerges out of that Store's gate, take the wrong side, has her helmet straps hanging loose and beyond this, she also has her Phone neatly tucked in between her ear and helmet (You can see her engrossed in a conversation)

3. Cops flag you for violation when they are moody:
This is a very usual affair at this junction. Not just 2 wheelers but vehicles in all shapes and sizes enter from the wrong side to join the main road and this includes Tempos, Tractors and Tankers too and our cop is not even bothered to put some sense into the riders with no helmets or educate those waiting on the wrong side who can't afford to make a U-Turn only 200 meters away.

4. Brilliantly Dangerous Tractor taking the wrong side:
This is very regular here. At times you will see 3 to 4 School buses in a row enter from the cut in the median here (with their headlights on of-course) and take the wrong side.

paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 01:30   #10751
BHPian

How to use mobile phone while driving ?!!!

Last edited by bblost : 30th July 2019 at 12:58. Reason: Fixed the video url. Thanks.
::CMS:: is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 13:12   #10752
BHPian

Here are a whole lot of them who had created a separate lane on the wrong side of of a two way street near Kasi theater in Chennai. With no patience to wait for their turn, they lined up on the wrong side waiting for the lights to turn green. One may have thought that they piled up there to take a right turn, not that it is acceptable. However, they all wanted to turn left. The bus that was on the correct lane wanted to turn right. You can imagine the mess that they subsequently created. In effect, those who wanted to turn right at the signal and the offenders who wanted to turn left did not manage to turn till the lights turned red again. The mess continued even after that when the traffic from the other directions joined the mele. A lone policeman positioned at that junction wasn't able to much either since everyone was honking to let them pass. It took me a good 20 minutes to get past about 50 meters.

This is not a one off scenario. It takes just a moron or two to have more morons do this almost every day!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-how-create-traffic-jam290719.jpg  

swissknife is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 20:54   #10753
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Here are a whole lot of them who had created a separate lane on the wrong side of of a two way street near Kasi theater in Chennai.
The most important thing to note in the pic is the board which says ‘Accident zone’. How can these beings be called as human!! Looks like their brain stopped working years back.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 00:07   #10754
Distinguished - BHPian

But... But... They are "going slow!"
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 10:47   #10755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
@Admins, somehow the link is broken in my previous post, posting again

]
If we see again there is another bad driver, a silver coloured indica cab which was ahead of the yellow pick-up. That indica went from third lane to first lane without any signals (as far as I can see). He also braked in front of the pick-up while changing lanes which caused a sudden braking.

Well, a lesson learnt a hard way.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 30th July 2019 at 10:49.

Most Viewed