Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2019, 11:17   #10771
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

One really has to wonder how India is a gold mine of such 'geniuses' for Team-BHP to have 718 pages worth of stuff to talk about. I feel that the only real way any of these bikers will learn anything is when they cause a big accident and they're slapped with a hospital bill that will be difficult to pay. Otherwise they'll do whatever they want.

My dad keeps telling me to expect the unexpected. Problem is the day you think you've seen everything there is, some new trick will come up that you simply cannot expect or predict. Do others feel the same?
nikhilthegunner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 15:12   #10772
BHPian

Saw this bmw owner video calling while driving , wanted to stop him and request him to pay attention on the road but i am very afraid of "ameer baap ki aulad" so i just maintained some distance from him
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-screenshot_20190805150400.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-screenshot_20190805150555.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-screenshot_20190805150626.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 10:06   #10773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Saw this bmw owner video calling while driving , wanted to stop him and request him to pay attention on the road but i am very afraid of "ameer baap ki aulad" so i just maintained some distance from him
The mentality of our traffic police is also the same. They are afraid to touch big fellows, fearing repercussion, that's why they jump around small cars and biker guys always and give blind eye to big/costly carwalas.
india008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 10:49   #10774
Distinguished - BHPian

Seeing such drivers a lot these days.

naveen.raju is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 13:41   #10775
Senior - BHPian

Driving on the wrong side of the road on Venkatapura Main Road, Bangalore, at the junction with Sarjapur Main Road.

There is no right turn as there is a divider to force vehicles to turn left so they drive on the wrong side of the road to turn right. Notice the number of vehicles driving on the wrong side. I managed to push only the Santro back.

ChiragM is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 14:06   #10776
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I spotted an i10 yesterday evening with a TV serial playing on a small screen where the speedometer ought to be. Was it a case of a dolt placing his smartphone or did some special dolt rig a fixed screen over there? In any case, your post was what came to my mind when I saw this particular i10 yesterday.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 14:47   #10777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Driving on the wrong side of the road on Venkatapura Main Road, Bangalore, at the junction with Sarjapur Main Road.
Good initiative actually. I really like this non aggressive method of telling drivers to back off. Just go and stand in front of them and dont do anything. They will have to move eventually.
VaidhiR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 15:12   #10778
BHPian

Quote:
Have to say I quite enjoy watching Dashcam footages like this. Some people genuinely need treatment like that.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th August 2019 at 19:05. Reason: Video link removed from the quote
nikhilthegunner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 18:09   #10779
BHPian

Quote:
Driving on the wrong side of the road .... I managed to push only the Santro back.
Driving on wrong side of the road, with hazard lights turned on and with high beams on or continuesly flashing.. they think they have a right to do that.
OT:
1: what was the conversation at the end of this? I am sure you've hurt his ego bad, cause he was the only one who had to drive in reverse all the way, others either turned back or still managed to get away.
2: was he on high beam all throughout or is it the glare from windscreen making it look worse.

Drive safe.
saurabh2711 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 11:44   #10780
BHPian

Chennai road users seem to have found a new way of negotiating traffic signals. This picture was taken while I was waiting at the signal to turn right onto Anna salai from Theyagaraya road (Pondy Bazaar). Here they arrived riding on the wrong side of the road and then are waiting at the right edge of the road. They shoot off to take a right turn at the slightest opportunity. They do not have any regard for traffic turning left as well, which causes issues with free flow on other directions. Hopefully, starting tomorrow, they would be pulled up and penalised for such offenses. But then, the key word here is - Hope!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-how-negotiate-signals.jpg

In the other picture, this bike rider rode on the wrong side and parked his bike right under a no parking sign. Now, the other side of the road had enough permissible parking. Though this act may not have created any issue with the traffic, it is simple road manners that makes the difference in the long term.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-2-offences.jpg

Last edited by swissknife : 14th August 2019 at 11:45.
swissknife is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 08:59   #10781
BHPian

At 00:30, notice the red Tata Sumo with a "Police" sticker on the left side of the road, driving against the traffic. Probably wanted to enter the petrol pump, although there are enough cuts in the divider to enable one to drive on the correct side of the road and still enter the pump (as visible in the video).

boniver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 10:08   #10782
Distinguished - BHPian

1. Squid alert

2. Bad parking. A common sight here. And the auto stand in such a crowded location makes it even worse.

naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 12:03   #10783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
1. Squid alert
I can hear the grim reaper saying "i am waiting"!
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 14:51   #10784
Distinguished - BHPian

Outside a Nilgiris supermarket yesterday, was a big old ugly Lexus* with a big old ugly woman in the back seat, parked across the properly-parked cars including mine. Plainly, sent the driver in to do the shopping.

With an empty space to the left, I was able to get out, but it was still arrogant parking.

*Actually, a lot less ugly in real life than in pics. In fact, a fine looking car!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 19:53   #10785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
...was a big old ugly Lexus* with a big old ugly woman ...
*Actually, a lot less ugly in real life than in pics. In fact, a fine looking car!
BIG OT: So, you mean to say that the women was ugly?

I think this has nothing to do with the car or the person rather this meance is a regular habit! It is even irritaiting when bikes are parked like this and if moved, the owner's ego is so badly hurt.

Most Viewed