Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2019, 22:45   #10786
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
So, you mean to say that the women was ugly?
I think there is a saying something like "Ugly is as ugly does."

I find arrogance ugly. Even my own! <Blush>

When I was a newcomer to this city I shouted at a street blocker from an auto. The auto driver told me, "Don't blame the driver: the owner says 'stop here,' and the driver has no choice."
Old 18th August 2019, 11:39   #10787
Distinguished - BHPian

On a calm morning, with smooth flow of traffic, this moron in the Innova decides to jump the signal quite sometime after it turns red. After waiting in the signal for sometime, I proceed to the next signal just to find him lurking there. I am not sure what was the benefit of this exercise. Wonder when common sense will develop in these people.

audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 08:11   #10788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
On a calm morning, with smooth flow of traffic, this moron in the Innova decides to jump the signal quite sometime after it turns red.
I find even bigger idiots who wait at signal and just seconds before it is to turn green, they take off. This is a regular sighting especially at HSR BDA complex signal under the flyover. Quite a few times I have seen cops taking pictures or noting down the numbers and when they are pulled up, they smile feigning ignorance.

Last edited by strawhat : 19th August 2019 at 08:13.
Old 19th August 2019, 10:44   #10789
BHPian

This happened a couple of days back, where three young boys were caught taking a selfie with an approaching train. Luckily the Loco Pilot stopped the train in time, and he was quoting that these chaps refused to move even when the train was blowing its horn and approaching them. I cannot understand the mind set of these youngsters, where will it end.

Link : https://english.mathrubhumi.com/news...lity-1.4046182
sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 11:29   #10790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
On a calm morning ... I am not sure what was the benefit of this exercise. Wonder when common sense will develop in these people.
A few months ago, an Ola driver told me that he utilizes the time at signals to relax, because he realized that there's no point in jumping signals or driving above 60-70 within city limits - eventually he would get stuck at the next signal or traffic block. He'd been driving the taxi for the last 4 years and has seen the traffic go worse on many stretches.

He opined that some signals in the CBD area that are operated round the clock are a nuisance and nobody bothers to stop during the wee hours, in fact those who stop are at a greater risk, or being rear-ended than those who cautiously drive away. I simply nodded my head and moved on to the Etios that he was driving and other topics
silversteed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 16:06   #10791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaidhiR View Post
Good initiative actually. I really like this non aggressive method of telling drivers to back off. Just go and stand in front of them and dont do anything. They will have to move eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
Have to say I quite enjoy watching Dashcam footages like this. Some people genuinely need treatment like that.
Yeah. He had no choice since there were a few cars behind me. I parked in such a way that even the cars behind me had to wait, forcing this guy to reverse and lesser chances of him getting aggressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Driving on wrong side of the road, with hazard lights turned on and with high beams on or continuesly flashing.. they think they have a right to do that.
OT:
1: what was the conversation at the end of this? I am sure you've hurt his ego bad, cause he was the only one who had to drive in reverse all the way, others either turned back or still managed to get away.
2: was he on high beam all throughout or is it the glare from windscreen making it look worse.

Drive safe.
No. He was (luckily) not on high beam. Ya, he was annoyed that I did not drive away even though there was space. I just told him there was no need for me to do that and that he shouldn't have come in the wrong direction.
ChiragM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 16:54   #10792
Senior - BHPian

Quite a few in Suburban Mumbai. My recent encounter below

The sad thing is, this happened on Independence day and I had this sinking feeling about our country. Development and manners are improving only metros, go out a few Kms from the Metros and this is the behavior of educated people

We have a two lane flyover built in early 90s (one lane for each side). There were many morons who jumped the left lane to get ahead through right lane and blocked both sides. The traffic came to a complete halt because of these morons. I am typically a very calm driver, but these morons kept piling behind a "LEADER" car. (Scross)

I walked up to each one of them and gave each one a earful. Below are a few conversations I had

Me to a Sardar in a Nano: Gaadi chalani aati hai kya? (Don't you know how to drive a car?)
Sardar to me: Thik se baat kar (Talk properly)
Me to Sardar: Thik se gaadi chalao na, to log thik se baat karenge (Drive properly, then people will talk properly to you)

Walked ahead to the S-Cross guy. (There was a family with a young guy about 25-26 years of age on the driving seat with his father besides him).

I stood in front of the car and gave him a slow clap (wanted to publically humiliate him)

Scross guy to me: Mereko kyon bol rahe ho, itne log gaye aaye hai wrong side (Why are you telling me, many people have gone and come from the wrong side)
Me to Scross guy: Aapke peeche jitne log aaye hai, woh pagal hai, aur aap pagalon ke sardar. (All the people behind you are mad and you are the leader of all mad people)
Scross guy to me: Gaali kisko de raha hai (Whom are you abusing)
Me to Scross guy: Gaali khane ke kaam karoge to gaali khaoge na, agli baar se acche se gaadi chalao to gaali nahi khaoge. Padhe likhe lagte to, behave bhi karo. (If you behave like this, you will be abused. Next time drive properly, you won't be abused. You seem educated. Behave like you are.)
Walked off.

Till then the police came and started clearing up the mess.

I know I was rude, but I want such people to know that there are people who will stand-up to bull shit and they need to beware before driving mindlessly on roads.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th August 2019 at 13:50. Reason: Profanity, Adding translation
2000rpm is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 21:34   #10793
BANNED

Two mad Kawasaki ZX10Rs street racing at 250+ km/hr

This popped up in my youtube feed today.

Just thought I'll leave it here. And to the kids watching this, please don't ride like this.

I was unsure if this belonged here on street experiences or on motorbikes sub-forum.
simeonovitch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 21:48   #10794
BHPian

re: Two mad Kawasaki ZX10Rs street racing at 250+ km/hr

Majority if not all of the comments for this video in YouTube either appreciate this stunt and/or ask for more similar stunts. The owner of the video seem to be on the safe side with a disclaimer in the video but it definitely doesn't help. Quite a few would want to try something similar after watching this video.
These guys are putting other motorists in danger as well. Reaction time would be too less.

Last edited by jayguar : 19th August 2019 at 21:52.
jayguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 22:29   #10795
Senior - BHPian

Sigh!! This will continue to happen because in this country all you need to buy a death machine is a bag full of cash or a rich daddy. You could walk into any showroom and ride out on a 200 hp pocket rocket that will kill you in an instant without previously ever sitting on a two wheeler in your life.
Though just based on that video the kids could get a notice from the traffic cops for rash and dangerous riding. They will have a hard time explaining their actions.

On a different note, I never get such updates on my youtube feed. All I get shown are the ' bikini/clothes try on haul' videos. Maybe I need to re set my youtube.

Last edited by bigron : 19th August 2019 at 22:34.
bigron is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 01:43   #10796
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The "other" 10R guy is all over the road. Both are literally endangering their own lives as well as the lives of others on the road. I dread to think - what if any vehicle were to swerve in their direction - it would have been an instant death situation.

In today's age of CCTVs - can the police not monitor YouTube channels and fine / cancel license / arrest these offenders. There are apps where you can upload a pic of anyone commuting an offence. Why can't such videos (which is a clear and blatant disregard of law and life) be reported to the police?
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 06:24   #10797
Senior - BHPian

These videos can be reported to the police, and the police can if it wants take action against the bikers.
Old 20th August 2019, 08:33   #10798
BHPian

Idiots like these put the entire superbike riders on the radar. They should be prosecuted. There are many videos like these now a days.

One another idiot with the name turbo extreme rides his Hayabusa at insane speeds in New Delhi roads.

Really suprised why police does not take action against these guys. I'm not saying we all adhere to the strictest limits all time, once in a while we let our hair down, but definitely not such speeds that too in a busy highway. He can always opt for tracks to perform such stunts.

These stunts are performed to get more views and thus more $$$. I really don't know whether we are encouraging current & future generations by highlighting such topics.

Link 1 :

Link 2 :

Last edited by Vasuki : 20th August 2019 at 08:39.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 08:36   #10799
Distinguished - BHPian

Sigh, and again this happens to be in Karnataka, the land of buzzing mosquitoes called 2-wheelers.

I believe a loose cannon, possible psychopath called Faisal (we all know who I'm talking about), paved the way for people to discover just how popular fast driving/riding vlogs can be, and then the rest of the racer kiddies have joined the pack now to enthrall and arouse the vicarious pleasures of just-teens so that they too may grow into one of them.

Whenever I've criticized a particular bunch of riders, I've been furiously attacked for segregating bikers, but just think of this scenario.. 2 bikes at 250 kmph, even the slightest lane-change by other motorists can result in the instant end of the biker and much worse so for the truck/car driver who'd be pronounced guilty for absolutely no fault of theirs as no one can read an object coming behind at 250 kmph (that's over 210 feet per second fyi).

EDIT : I've reported the video under Dangerous Acts : Other Dangerous Acts and given them the timestamp of the offending parts.

As it stands, they've broken the law, and they're shameless enough to put it up on YouTube.. what next, vlogs on burglaries and they'll be watched without guilt, perhaps even a hint of pleasure?

Last edited by dark.knight : 20th August 2019 at 08:41.
dark.knight is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 09:05   #10800
Senior - BHPian

I dread to think of someone like me minding their business and riding on the left side of the left lane and these idiots approaching me like some missiles from behind.

This is the Tumkur highway from Bangalore and then they cut off and take the Mangalore highway. Both have high two wheeler and animal/human crossings.

They ought to take their bikes to a race track and record their laps. In this day of social media, the priority is for the number of likes and shares rather than enjoying a machine.

Last edited by tharian : 20th August 2019 at 09:10.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks