Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2019, 07:28   #10996
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Auto drivers are impatient at any given time and place. Watch this autorickshaw creep on the extreme left of a cluttered junction at a red light and then cut across because he wants to turn right. Amazingly he uses his indicator which apparently legalises his turn and makes it safe The right turn is a one way. Just another day in the life of an autorickshaw.
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 10:08   #10997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Watch this autorickshaw creep on the extreme left of a cluttered junction at a red light and then cut across because he wants to turn right.
The camera captures way too much of the sky. Hardly anything much on the ground in comparison. You may need to adjust the camera.
nikhilthegunner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 11:00   #10998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
The camera captures way too much of the sky. Hardly anything much on the ground in comparison. You may need to adjust the camera.
I realised that last month after reviewing the whole set and this is fixed now.
BenjiRoss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 14:13   #10999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Assuming of course that they had some sense in the first place!
My Dad and I have been driving around on Sundays - short day trips to various places outside Bangalore.
Without exception, we ve noted, irrespective of the direction we’ve gone in, that almost ALL two wheeler (commuter bike) riders on the highways, do NOT wear helmets.
And we also noted that it is an invariably common behaviour amongst two wheelers, auto rickshaws and tractors, that they MUST Make Shortcuts and travel illegally on absolutely the wrong side of the road, in the opposite direction to on going high speed traffic and their lights must be blazingly on.

This is the situation on the high speed highways of our lovely country.
And it is probably never going to change.
Well we have more than 50% rural population which have no traffic sense, no license as well, moreover getting a license is joke as well as you can just get it through an agent. That's why our highways are so unreliable, animals, wrong side vehicles, high beam on the face, truck blocking all the lanes, you name it and we've got it.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 14:53   #11000
BHPian

Had a scary situation yesterday.

Had slowed down for a speed breaker and was just crossing it at normal speeds. There was an opening for U turn on the right hand side but i was heading straight, suddenly a biker ( with no helmet on) comes and cuts across from left of the vehicle into this opening all of a sudden without even slowing down or seeing that i am going straight. Thank God i was moving at crawling speeds so that I could brake and didnt hit him. The biker kept riding on non chalantly and didnt even glance back.

Suicidal bikers I tell you.

Last edited by SideView : 29th December 2019 at 14:58.
SideView is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 14:59   #11001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Had a scary situation yesterday.

Suicidal bikers I tell you.
It's more to do with either ignorance or arrogance. Or even a combination of both. I see this kind all the time where we currently stay. Nothing to be done except pray the biker in question doesn't fall in front of your vehicle and lose a limb or two.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 22:37   #11002
BHPian

I don't have words to describe this video. I can't believe he has the audacity to upload this video on Youtube.

tchsvy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 23:02   #11003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
I don't have words to describe this video. I can't believe he has the audacity to upload this video on Youtube.
Hopefully these idiots have registered as organ donors.
That is the only useful thing these idiots will be good for.
Maybe leave out the brain for organ donation as most probably there won't be any.
speedmiester is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 23:22   #11004
BHPian

Quote:
I don't have words to describe this video. I can't believe he has the audacity to upload this video
I had seen this too and reported it. If you checked the comments, you’d have seen that a lot of those people have chastised the guy for his actions.
nikhilthegunner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 10:41   #11005
BHPian

Quote:
I don't have words to describe this video.
Really disgusting. Never saw such a bad driver. What can we expect when he has named himself “Street Burner? Sometimes, I feel, we shouldn’t have bikes that go beyond 40kmph. But, it’s these type of bad drivers we need to condemn.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 10:56   #11006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't have words to describe this video
Agree. The least we can do is "dislike" the video, flag it to concerned folks (Yamaha, Bihar RTO personnel since one can see BR01 plates around) and write discouraging comments to play down the ego quotient of the guy!
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 11:28   #11007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
I had seen this too and reported it.
I too have reported it, but is Google taking any action based on these reports? I have reported few videos and one particular obscene video was mass reported by my friends but all of them are still on Youtube. I don't think Google is taking any action on these reports, one exception may be copyright infringements.
Old 1st January 2020, 10:45   #11008
BHPian

Quote:
I was just waiting for Mr. Darwin to prove his theory right, but maybe some other day, by the looks of it, it will happen soon

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st January 2020 at 11:22. Reason: Removed video URL within quote.
Old 1st January 2020, 11:28   #11009
Team-BHP Support

Why are so many of them in orange KTM vests? I hope this idiocy wasn't part of a manufacturer organized event.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 11:59   #11010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Why are so many of them in orange KTM vests? I hope this idiocy wasn't part of a manufacturer organized event.
Are these the KTM dealer uniform? I recollect seeing something similar in the showroom here. Since they all had that, I feel they just took a display bike for a joy ride. If so, it's high time someone from that area locate the dealer and send the video to the concerned manager/owner.

Have seen something similar here at a Benz dealership. Recorded the video, called up the dealership and asked them to connect to the concerned dude. Vented out my concerns to him and told him to take necessary action against the driver (Had posted here few months back).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks