Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2020, 13:25   #11131
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Damn Bikers!

When will they ever learn, their life should be important to themselves first.
I feel it's become a moral responsibility of us to save them at all times.

There is just so many things wrong in this video. Due to a pile up on the other side because of an ongoing flyover construction, most of the bikers have decided to take the wrong way. I kid you not this the NH 48 which connects MH to GJ.

Rains + wrong way + fast lane, how long can you dodge an accident.

OverKill is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 13:41   #11132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Multiple possibilities

1. He is not the first owner and bought the bike without mirrors
2. He removed the mirrors after buying
3. Registered with mirrors and later sold without them
4. I heard this from one of my friends years ago. "bike loses its looks with mirrors", may be he or earlier owner is of that type
etc. etc.
Another common reason I have heard is that riding without mirrors results in easier and swift navigation of the bike ( without watching out for any vehicles which is equally dangerous). In my 30 years of riding I have never been able to ride without both mirrors for I use them extensively while overtaking, making a turn, or changing lanes. Frankly, I cannot ride a bike without mirrors.

Last edited by rr_zen : 17th August 2020 at 13:48.
rr_zen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 14:25   #11133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Another common reason I have heard is that riding without mirrors results in easier and swift navigation of the bike ( without watching out for any vehicles which is equally dangerous). In my 30 years of riding I have never been able to ride without both mirrors for I use them extensively while overtaking, making a turn, or changing lanes. Frankly, I cannot ride a bike without mirrors.

Fully agree. I feel like I am blind riding a bike without mirrors!.

One day on my way to office, the right mirror on my Unicorn somehow loosened completely and almost fell. I stopped and tried my best to put it back in place (without any tools), but could not. I had to then remove it and place it my bag to get it fixed later in the evening when returning home.

It was a horrible ride to office for around 12 kms as I have the habit of scanning surroundings every few seconds. I did not know where I was heading!

It was another horrible ride for another 15 kms back to my regular mechanic who fixed in a jiffy.

I can't believe my eyes if I see people who ride carefree without mirrors on bikes. And yeah! God and the others around have the responsibility to save their lives.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 14:02   #11134
Senior - BHPian

Removing side/ rear view mirrors on 2-wheelers is fashion statement for most riders, whereas it should be other way round.

The attitude of manufacturers is equally pathetic in this case as the side/ rear view mirrors are of poor or average quality on most bikes*, especially commuter bikes & scooters. These are only good for installation on bicycles/ cycle-rickshaws than faster rides IMO. The riders either fold these rattlers or throw these away. However, fixing these (albeit temporarily) is quite easy as one can just tighten a screw to make sure it doesn't shake or rattle.

IMO there should be legislation like that for ugly saree guard to ensure riders don't discard these or render these useless while riding.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 10:53   #11135
BHPian

I am not sure if this fits in here, was he thinking Nexon is a boat to sail through? I may sound dumb, but I feel people should respect their vehicles.

vvivek85 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 11:20   #11136
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
I am not sure if this fits in here, was he thinking Nexon is a boat to sail through? I may sound dumb, but I feel people should respect their vehicles....
How comforting to know, that we share roads daily with people who think that is a good idea!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 11:27   #11137
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure if this fits in here, was he thinking Nexon is a boat to sail through? I may sound dumb, but I feel people should respect their vehicles.
I actually saw (what I now realize was just part2) of the video from this guy where his mechanic didn't really seem to do nearly enough to fix a car that has been tortured like that.

Didn't realize he actually recorded going into the water.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 14:21   #11138
BHPian

Quote:
Let's also not miss the towing attempt at about 5:50 mark, where it's a guy on the bike pushing the car at about 60kmph (as per the guy recording the video). I've been on these roads for years, and they are dangerous for this sort of stupidity. In fact, fatal road accidents are extremely common. You can see at 5:53 how an opposite car nearly misses the bike pushing the car - even a slip of leg or anything like that is sufficient to cause death.

This is rural/sub-urban Sonipat (Haryana), and things on these roads have always been....sad. If we were to redefine 'sad' to mean 'deadly', of course.

Last edited by N.A.GTC : 21st August 2020 at 14:30.
N.A.GTC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 14:31   #11139
BHPian

Quote:
You have done a criminal act by posting this on the Bad 'Drivers' thread .

Looked like he was bored at home due to Covid restrictions and wanted to have some fun with his car.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 17:46   #11140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I feel people should respect their vehicles.
They should respect water even more! Threat to car; threat to life.

According to Nalin1, this was just a pleasure drive (for some contorted value of "pleasure" ). If it had been a journey important enough to risk the car, he should have stopped and walked that part first. he would have quickly found out that it was impossible to drive.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 18:32   #11141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
According to Nalin1, this was just a pleasure drive (for some contorted value of "pleasure" ). If it had been a journey important enough to risk the car, he should have stopped and walked that part first. he would have quickly found out that it was impossible to drive.
Yeah, actually, he knew damn well that the car would stall and wasn't surprised at all. The entire commentary over the video is just about that. I find utterly hilarious though - some twisted version of a car "test" - just how Youtubers perform drop tests on phones.
N.A.GTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 12:47   #11142
BHPian

Don’t know if this has been posted before.

What should be done to these bad driver’s?

https://www.facebook.com/13190511689...JHpSrEm3HzANc4
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 12:49   #11143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Don’t know if this has been posted before.

What should be done to these bad driver’s?

https://www.facebook.com/13190511689...JHpSrEm3HzANc4
I saw this too. Couldn't believe my eyes. It looked fabricated. On top of it the description and comments were in Chinese which was a first for me. Hence dismissed it as possibly edited. If this is true, then these riders need to be put behind bars ASAP.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 13:21   #11144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
On top of it the description and comments were in Chinese which was a first for me. Hence dismissed it as possibly edited. If this is true, then these riders need to be put behind bars ASAP.
It's possibly taken from an Indian youtuber channel and posted into a foreign Facebook group. Doesn't look fabricated to me as such.

Just idiots with a death wish or as the Americans would say 'Organ donors'.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 14:03   #11145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Just idiots with a death wish or as the Americans would say 'Organ donors'.
With the speeds that they are doing, even the organs won't be left of much use.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks