Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2020, 12:01   #11236
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

This particular road started to be a proper gridlock thanks to the flyover construction at the state's busiest junction. Seeing such morons everyday right from autorickshaw's to luxury cars. Including just a couple for now.

1) This auto dude decides to worsen the already pathetic gridlock.

2) This moron lucikily finds some empty space on the right and continues with his stunt again and creates a major confusion near the junction. Thanks to him, 5 to 10 mins were added to my ETA.

naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 12:33   #11237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
This is another one. I do not know what he was thinking making a turn like that. What could have I done to warn the driver?
For a second there i was wondering why you were driving in reverse!

As for the U-Turn fellow, it's just a matter of sooner than later before...
Old 8th December 2020, 12:38   #11238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by india008 View Post
Using low beam, when others around you high beam proponents, will make you blind literally.
Actually you should be on high beams in these dark roads and switch to low beams when there is an oncoming traffic. That way you can be safe. At the end of the video you switched on to High Beams. Instant learning.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 14:23   #11239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Actually you should be on high beams in these dark roads and switch to low beams when there is an oncoming traffic. That way you can be safe. At the end of the video you switched on to High Beams. Instant learning.
As per my observation, he was on high beams in the beginning of the video where there was no traffic, he switched to low beams when there was on coming traffic.
WhiteSierra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 18:27   #11240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

1) This auto dude decides to worsen the already pathetic gridlock.
Most of the Auto drivers have a thought process of them being the busiest individual on the earth, whereas the rest all are born to spend time on the roads. Only if the licenses are canceled, there will be some sort of basic decorum.
vvivek85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 18:47   #11241
BHPian

3 mistakes at once, well certainly a bad driver!

1. Rash driving and cutting vehicles off / switching lanes haphazardly (extreme right to extreme left) without use of indicators

2. Not wearing a Mask and seat belt while driving, even the passenger in front / cleaner came out to fight without wearing mask, keeping other party in risk during covid times.

3. Using abusive words to defend his driver's reckless driving and saying he is beyond law enforcement and police can do nothing to him

Vehicle no: TS10UB3083

Vehicle Make: TATA ACE mini pick up truck

Location - Railway station road, Secunderabad

This TATA ACE driver almost ran into our car which my brother was driving, he was going to drop his friend at Secunderabad railway station, his friend going to Vizag, they left well in advance and my brother always drives very slowly. My brother was in the middle lane when this incident happened, he has to go straight and had a green signal, while the Tata Ace driver had to go to left most lane (towards Tarnaka), so he basically want to cut all the traffic behind from the right most lane (his original position) to left most lane. (road towards Tarnaka).

Name:  map.PNG
Views: 1358
Size:  1.13 MB

In this process, he cut our car off which was already parallel to his auto, my brother told that he had to brake very hard to avoid contact, so he honked, went a little ahead and stopped, meanwhile this Tata ace passenger / cleaner was making some gestures with his hands as if why we honked, he also got down from the auto and came rushing towards our car while using abusive language that too without a mask. My brother immediately clicked pictures of the auto driver and the cleaner / passenger and also the vehicle's number plate. Unfortunately, this car is not equipped with a dash cam, otherwise the whole thing would be recorded, and we'd have filed a proper case against the auto driver and passenger for rash driving and threatening fellow road users.

We complained to Hyderabad police and traffic police on twitter, also tagged the transport minister, while I don't think there would be any action on complaints based on twitter messages as it comes under an unofficial compliant, there is actually a challan for not wearing masks during this covid time, I hope atleast cops fine them for that.

The driver

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1607681992030.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1607681992034.jpg

The cleaner / passenger

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1607681992026.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1607681992022.jpg

Had I been there instead of my brother, the story would've been different, I'd have immediately taken his vehicle to police station or would have called cops there and would have filed an attempt to assault case on the passenger and reckless driving case on the driver.(the place where this incident happened is also equipped with a CCTV camera), My brother also did not waste time arguing with him, instead clicked these pictures and went ahead to railway station as his friend had a train to catch. This kind of uncivilized behavior is not at all tolerable and I hope karma hits him back soon!

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th December 2020 at 01:54. Reason: Spacing
WhiteSierra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 20:30   #11242
anb
BHPian

Near Miss. A biker was coming in wrong direction through fast lane with high beam on. At first I thought he was riding on opposite lane, then suddenly realize that he was on fast lane coming towards me.

Last edited by anb : 11th December 2020 at 20:41.
anb is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 22:41   #11243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
2. Not wearing a Mask
May be regonal difference, but there is no requirement to wear a mask inside a vehicle here. At least a private vehicle: these guys are working and should be having proper care for each other.

The answer to that may well be, in our dreams
Old 11th December 2020, 23:12   #11244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
A biker was coming in wrong direction through fast lane with high beam on.
These incidents will not stop unless these morons are booked under TADA act.

TADA act is perfectly applicable to these lunatics.

"Whoever with intent to overawe the Government as by law established or to strike terror in the people or any section of the people or to alienate any section of the people or to adversely affect the harmony amongst different sections of the people does any act or thing by using bombs, dynamite or other explosive substances or inflammable substances or lethal weapons or poisons or noxious gases or other chemicals or by any other substances (whether biological or otherwise) of a hazardous nature in such a manner as to cause, or as is likely to cause, death of, or injuries to, any person or persons or loss of, or damage to, or destruction of, property or disruption of any supplies or services essential to the life of the community, or detains any person and threatens to kill or injure such person in order to compel the Government or any other person to do or abstain from doing any act, commits a terrorist act."
DreamcarFerrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 23:28   #11245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
May be regonal difference, but there is no requirement to wear a mask inside a vehicle here. At least a private vehicle: these guys are working and should be having proper care for each other.
Recently, my friend got 500 rupees challan for not wearing a mask inside his car (it is a private vehicle), that too he is alone in the car while driving. I don't know what covid threat he would potentially spread to others while he was driving alone in his own car. But the rules are very strict in Hyderabad and if cops spot anyone without masks, they are clicking pictures and are generating e-challans immediately. This Tata Ace driver - cleaner deserves a challan in this aspect.
WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 09:58   #11246
Distinguished - BHPian

Same place another day!

It was total chaos with vehicles coming from all directions. These guys, who take the oncoming lane cause the traffic.

In this case, you can see the auto dude getting agitated when I ask him to reverse. You can see me wait for few secs - that's when he starts abusing me. I pointed my finger to the dashcam and leave the spot. You can see him not wearing the mask properly as well and all this with a female passenger on board.

PS - Audio was muted on purpose

And this is the state of the flyover that's all ready for couple of months now. Had this been opened, all the inner roads would have been empty . (election stunt)

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-130575842_3108607855838109_5988811640656206866_o.jpg

Photo credit - original photographer
naveen.raju is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 10:03   #11247
BANNED

These are some ways to spot bad drivers on roads:-

1. Talking on the phone while driving-
It's not uncommon to spot drivers talking on their mobile phones while driving. Some even use the text messaging feature, Skype and WhatsApp on the freeway. This is just dangerous as using phone diverts attention from the road. While some might argue that one can drive more attentively while using the hands-free feature, studies show that it can still distract the driver's attention from the task at hand. The safest way is to ask a passenger to answer the call or stop in a place out of harm's way before answering.

2. Not following traffic lights
It has been observed that many drivers don't stop for the red light in case there's no visible traffic flow at the junction. Not stopping at the red light might shave a few seconds off your journey but it puts you at the risk of T-Boning another motorist.

3. Not wearing seatbelts-
Many drivers, especially in the Tier II and Tier III cities where the traffic police force isn't sufficiently strict, have a habit of not belting up. Seatbelts are among the primary safety features of any car. Other safety equipment of your vehicle can do little to save you from injuries in case you are not belted up at the time of an impact. It's common to see drivers fastening the belt and then sitting on it to stop the warning chimes. So who exactly are they cheating?

4. Not observing lane discipline-
Some drivers have no idea what lane discipline means. This is mostly owing to lack of proper training and laxity on the part of the traffic police. Cutting through the lanes may give you the feeling of starring in a Mission Impossible stunt, but it disturbs the flow of the traffic and also increases the risk of an accident.

5. Improper Use of Hazard Lights-
Most drivers aren't aware of the correct usage of hazard lights. Hazard lights should be used only to indicate a breakdown to alert other road users of a potential hazard. Hence, using them for anything else can prove to be misleading to other road users when the car changes lanes.
Old 19th December 2020, 12:58   #11248
Distinguished - BHPian

Politicians do believe they are more important than everyone else. Here, a convoy of 6 vehicles - an XUV 500, an Audi Q3, a Range rover, a bolero and 2 Innovas kept blocking both the lanes of the highway for quite some time. They would not budge beyond 80-90 kmph holding back the traffic behind.

Honestly this irked me as I was running late and when I realised that the highway is going to spread into 6 lanes ahead, I tried overtaking them. They really don't like anyone going ahead of them.

That's the Member of Parliament from the neighbouring district.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 19th December 2020 at 13:01.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 13:10   #11249
Senior - BHPian

I really wish you had slowed down a bit. That two wheeler at the end was a bit too close for comfort and i found myself wincing while watching that.

Convoys i can tolerate but bullying and lane hogging is just power crazy idiocy.
deathwalkr is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 13:17   #11250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I really wish you had slowed down a bit. That two wheeler at the end was a bit too close for comfort and i found myself wincing while watching that.

Convoys i can tolerate but bullying and lane hogging is just power crazy idiocy.
The two wheeler was coming out of the two wheeler lane for a parked motorcycle and was going back into the two wheeler lane. That's why it looks close.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 19th December 2020 at 13:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks