Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2021, 09:45   #11536
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post

Funny thing is, she signaled me to squeeze into the gap after coming to a startled stop Guess two wheelers think all vehicles can fit into spaces their bikes would.
Not only two wheelers - even some small car drivers think that if they can squeeze through a narrow gap so can bigger cars/SUVs.
Yesterday a girl driving a swift lowered her window, moved her ORVM to a closed position and signaled me to squeeze my Safari in to the gap vacated by her mirror.
Prowler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 21:16   #11537
Distinguished - BHPian

This particular road is supposed to be 2 lanes each way. The middle double line marking means we can't overtake, but then the left most and right most lanes are used as parking and we have to manage driving in the mid 2 lanes. While that already is risky, this driver in his brand new red Polo is too excited to be careful with overtakes and to mind that the new engine / mechanicals should not be used so harshly.

PrasannaDhana is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 11:50   #11538
BHPian

What was he trying to pull here?
Damn these Kaali-Peeli drivers are by far the worst of the lot that I have encountered.

People have forgotten what is it like to share the road with the other commuters. Forget about patience, that's a long lost cause anyways.
OverKill is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 11:56   #11539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
Damn these Kaali-Peeli drivers are by far the worst of the lot that I have encountered.
Where did the Kaali-Peeli go after overtaking the truck? Why cant he wait for 5 seconds?
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 13:08   #11540
BHPian

Quote:
People have forgotten what is it like to share the road with the other commuters. Forget about patience, that's a long lost cause anyways.
I agree that the taxi driver could have been more patient to take that left turn to vanish!
Yet, I appreciate that he did indicate his intention to change lanes by hand first and then left indicator. Not many in my town follow this, particularly autowallahs and taxi drivers. Its like a guessing game with them.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 20:51   #11541
Distinguished - BHPian

This elderly citizen was riding at the left most part of the road, and then decides to move to the extreme right, without indicating by any ways, worse, without even looking.

No helmet or mask too

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 27th July 2021 at 20:55.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 23:14   #11542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No helmet or mask too
I was going to say yes he is to both, but looked full-screen and found that it was his bald head that I thought was a helmet. But he is wearing a mask. Not that viruses matter much if he is going to drive like that!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 06:16   #11543
BHPian

Quote:
This particular road is supposed to be 2 lanes each way. The middle double line marking means we can't overtake....bla
Not defending the motorist here at all, or being contrarian, but is this rule really followed in your city? I know it's not even a factor here in Poona.

Last edited by thewhiteknight : 28th July 2021 at 06:19.
thewhiteknight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 07:41   #11544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had my first accident in 2005 because of such kaali peeli exo ferrying kids & forcing itself between lanes without caring for other vehicles &l or kids it was ferrying. Taxi & Autorickshaw wallahs always manage to excuse themselves for they belong to poor backgrounds & their fellows manage to help them amongst/ despite the crowd.

Quote:
This elderly citizen was riding at the left most part of the road, and then decides to move to the extreme right, without indicating by any ways, worse, without even looking.

No helmet or mask too
Sums up the problem with two-wheelers, they flow like water. This man (Rossi with grey hairs) was trying to get ahead of the stationery vehicles & was assuming you will slow down in a jiffy for him. Thankfully he didn't assume himself to be member of ruling party, lest he might have been riding ahead of you (not on side of road) in middle of road trying to block your overtaking manoeuvres & paying no heed to your humble yet desperate honking.

Day before there was a fat chick who was doing same on Mathura Road in Faridabad (coincidentally not wearing a helmet & mask). To be honest, I undertook (overtook from left side) to get ahead as tg road/. highway is quite wide - 3 lanes each side). I had not done so, she would have been cooling off in hospital bed instead of reaching her destination.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 21:42   #11545
Distinguished - BHPian

Some two wheeler riders don't even care to realize that there might be oncoming vehicles on the opposite lane and they just merge into the road without stopping and waiting for the already slow moving traffic to pass nor looking at the opposite lane for vehicles before joining through the gap.
This idiot was just lucky that the lorry was not 2 seconds earlier to the junction.

Here, another car racist, who believes in bullying small cars (camera car is my kwid). You can clearly see from a mile that a slow moving lorry is occupying the right lane ahead, and the toll plaza is just about 400 meters ahead. I don't understand the swift dzire driver's logic in squeezing through the space between my kwid and the lorry. He did have to slow down for the toll, 1 minute later.

PrasannaDhana is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 00:18   #11546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
Not defending the motorist here at all, or being contrarian, but is this rule really followed in your city? I know it's not even a factor here in Poona.
Forget the difference between yellow and white, pretty sure most of the folks on the road are clueless what those lines mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Sums up the problem with two-wheelers, they flow like water.
Feels like most of them have never driven a larger vehicle or something above 2 wheels. Only then can they understand how difficult it is for larger vehicles to tolerate their antics.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 22:19   #11547
Distinguished - BHPian

Another two wheeler rider casually flowing across the slow lane to the fast lane without even knowing.

PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 07:29   #11548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here, another car racist, who believes in bullying small cars (camera car is my kwid). You can clearly see from a mile that a slow moving lorry is occupying the right lane ahead, and the toll plaza is just about 400 meters ahead. I don't understand the swift dzire driver's logic in squeezing through the space between my kwid and the lorry. He did have to slow down for the toll, 1 minute later.
I think you are reading too much into his actions, there is no chance he saw that truck. I'm not supporting what he did, but people like him aren't observing anything ahead, that's why the terrible driving. There's this thing of having your eyes go from 12 to 6 o clock to be prepared, these guys obviously won't look further than 2 car lengths ahead.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 23:25   #11549
Distinguished - BHPian

A lesson many motorists don't learn - if you want to turn right at an intersection, it's better to stick to the right side of your lane.

This lady obviously did not know that or didn't care. An auto guy was to her left, I had a car to my right. She couldn't stick to her path as that auto idiot bullied his way through making her almost hit me, not once but twice. And then makes her way to the right turn, from the left most part of the road.

Just another rider day dreaming while riding.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 31st July 2021 at 23:28.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 08:57   #11550
BHPian

Quote:
A lesson many motorists don't learn - if you want to turn right at an intersection, it's better to stick to the right side of your lane.

This lady obviously did not know that or didn't care. An auto guy was to her left, I had a car to my right. She couldn't stick to her path as that auto idiot bullied his way through making her almost hit me, not once but twice. And then makes her way to the right turn, from the left most part of the road.

https://Youtu.be/RPE1St9Veao

Just another rider day dreaming while riding.

https://Youtu.be/Vl9tWSzKG3Q
You have shared the same link twice - the daydreaming rider one. Please share the video of the lady who cuts across from the left lane.

Most Viewed