Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2021, 04:38   #11821
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Rash driving by Eicher lorry ( KL 07 CN 9948). He almost hit the front fender of an Innova during overtaking.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=DfijDeU5D9s
You followed the truck onto the oncoming lane, and were left in the blind spot for quite a long time there. Please don't perform such overtaking manoeuvres
bharat4ever is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 11:34   #11822
Distinguished - BHPian

While I was driving back from Gujarat to Bangalore, on Chitradurga bypass, I encountered this joker who appeared too tired and sleepy when I had overtaken him few hours back. He would often look confused at diversions and either brake abruptly or jump over the bad sections and speedbeakers on the diversions. The car also had a damaged front bumper that was hanging open as well as a broken headlight and bent fender.

While I was driving at my usual cruising speeds I move back to my usual driving lane knowing that this car would overtake me but to my surprise, this fellow overtakes me very closely barely missing a swipe with my car!

I honked as soon as he did that and the driver only raised his head and looked into the IRVM but for sure he would have never realised how closely he passed me.

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th November 2021 at 11:56.
paragsachania is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 13:07   #11823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I encountered this joker who appeared too tired and sleepy when I had overtaken him few hours back. He would often look confused at diversions and either brake abruptly or jump over the bad sections and speedbeakers on the diversions.
And also does not know lane driving.

Highways are not the same as it used to be before the pre-covid days. Now we have more and more people preferring their own vehicle over other means of transport. What most still don't understand that driving long distances and on highways is a different ball game than driving within city limits.
sinharishi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 15:29   #11824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Wrong lesson learnt. Keep an eye out for these people, swallow your ego
'Swallow my ego' you said right.
If our vehicle is precious to us is there any other option we have?

Been doing that the since longest time. Hence 4 years and 1.05L km's later this is the condition.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20211107_121510__01.jpg

Sorry for going off topic.

Yet another moron on the run.

Drivers such as these are dime a dozen now a days.
Daily drive to work has become extremely frustrating
OverKill is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 16:01   #11825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post

Drivers such as these are dime a dozen now a days.
Daily drive to work has become extremely frustrating
A similar situation happened to me and it was barricades placed in a zig zag manner by the CCTP for slowing the vehicles. I was driving straight and was hardly at some 70-80 meters distance from the barricades. This taxi driver on a xylo with his passengers from behind wanted to cut me off and barged in with blazing horns and headlights. My ego did not allow me to yield to it and I continued my drive and he had to brake.

He braked and the xylo stopped a couple of inches before the barricades. I was happy that he learnt the lesson. But back in the mind, I was feeling pity for the passengers in the taxi and thought I should have left of my ego and allowed him to pass through, so that those passengers wouldn't have suffered for this peanut brained Taxi driver.
saisree is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 22:13   #11826
Senior - BHPian

Biker's Close Call While Trying To Overtake Truck On Zojila Pass

Source : NDTV

Quote:
A motorcycle rider had a narrow escape while driving from Srinagar to Ladakh. As he rode through the narrow stretches of the Zojila pass, behind a truck laden with iron pipes, he lost control of his bike. The stretch was slippery and muddy, possibly due to snowfall. As the rider attempted to regain control, he approached the edge of the path and was about to slide off it, but managed to pull over just in time.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 18:56   #11827
Distinguished - BHPian

This WRV guy somehow believed taking the left side of the barricade will be quicker to pass through.

Just another village man giving no crap about highway or the cars plying on it. He didn't even turn left to see if cars were oncoming. I slowed down and didn't change the lane as there was a car coming at the back in the left lane.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 19th November 2021 at 18:58.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 22:11   #11828
BHPian

Nice and informative video by Shumi from PD on the correct and appropriate use of hazard lights.
Should put to rest a lot of incorrect notions people have on their correct use.
I guess they took notice of our discussion on the topic.

ishan12 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 14:37   #11829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
This is why everyone tailgates everyone in our country.

It's because of Moron's like these, who think it's their right to enter any lane as they please.

Lesson learnt - Maintaining a safe distance between the vehicle in front of you, makes other drivers think it's an opportunity for them to cut through.
Honestly I have seen several enthusiasts and matured drivers in India hog the outside lane in this manner. I feel it ought to be left as an overtaking lane only or else how is one ever going to pass you? Not saying what the guy in the video did was okay. It certainly is not. But please don't be the guy who clogs the fast lane simply because the person ahead of you is doing the same and you do not want to conduct a risky overtaking maneuver on him. Just drive in the middle lane instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Nice and informative video by Shumi from PD on the correct and appropriate use of hazard lights.
Should put to rest a lot of incorrect notions people have on their correct use.
I guess they took notice of our discussion on the topic.
Hope people take note that it is only okay to use during extreme weather events and not your regular showers. I personally feel that even during extreme weather events blinking lights that draw one's attention to them are dangerous as well and it would be more prudent to simply move over to the left, but to each their own.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 20th November 2021 at 14:41.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 13:51   #11830
BHPian

There were 2 private buses picking up passengers and both buses were trying their utmost to 'get' to the next stop first. They were racing away with abandon and I was trying to just steer clear of them. Crazy guys. The thing that got me though was that some of the passengers were trying to egg the drivers on. Rgds, Balaji
Bsimhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 20:12   #11831
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
You followed the truck onto the oncoming lane, and were left in the blind spot for quite a long time there. Please don't perform such overtaking manoeuvres
You didn't see the previous footage to say that I moved blindly into opposite lane. I moved into opposite lane only after making sure that there is no vehicle coming in opposite lane. Please don't blame others by assuming things.
Old 30th November 2021, 16:09   #11832
Distinguished - BHPian

To find absolute idiots like these is a regular affair, especially when you are on the last leg of your return journey.

Just because this VW Polo got into the wrong lane at the wrong time which resulted it in getting behind the truck, the driver gets impatient and tries to nudge rest of the vehicles in the other lane to get past the truck as quick as possible. Later you can also see him hurriedly overtake dangerously from the shoulder too.

Drivers like these are the reason why I prefer to reach my destination at odd hours picking an odd day but there are certain times when you cannot plan it well .
paragsachania is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 17:06   #11833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just because this VW Polo got into the wrong lane...
I was going to say, that "VW" has an "H" on the back . Then I saw the shoulder overtake that you were talking about.

Yes, that's pretty dreadful, but Mr Hyundai's driving was well worth a mention too: he seems to be absolutely determined to cause an accident.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 17:16   #11834
BHPian

Quote:

Just because this VW Polo got into the wrong lane at the wrong time which resulted it in getting behind the truck, the driver gets impatient and tries to nudge rest of the vehicles in the other lane to get past the truck as quick as possible. Later you can also see him hurriedly overtake dangerously from the shoulder too.

[
I hate such drivers like the VW one. In a bid to be a fast driver they would often make some mistake while overtaking on highways and get stuck behind a truck or a bus. Then, they will start giving indicator and start moving into the other lane expecting other drivers to slow down and would not give up no matter how much you honk!

Like if you did the mistake, just patiently wait there, don't disrupt the flow of traffic expecting cars coming behind to slow down for you. The world doesn't revolve around you
Candy$Cars is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 08:11   #11835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Drivers like these are the reason why I prefer to reach my destination at odd hours picking an odd day but there are certain times when you cannot plan it well .
Here we have buses doing that.

True, I always hate my return drive from Bangalore. It's always on a Sunday after some festival when people will be returning home after their holidays. Countless number of such drivers.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed