Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2005, 20:26   #91
Senior - BHPian

new delhi - watch out for Call centre cars with Haryana number plates (qualis ) mad drivers ... they are maddd ... i swear give them a vtec ..they will smoke the best of us in a street race ..
Old 18th April 2005, 20:47   #92
BHPian

That is true in Blore as well, only thing is traffic is so much, they don't get a chance to stretch!
Old 18th April 2005, 23:20   #93
BHPian

I guess its very simple, just peep in the other cars window.... and see which sex is driving the car! hehehe: (Guess i was a bit harsh on the women here) Sorry again!!
Old 19th April 2005, 00:30   #94
BANNED

i was with my cousine in his skoda ,near residency road...we were onto one side..and suddenly there is a maruti which came and hit the rear bumper.then a lady got down..and we guys were dumb..like it was entirely to one corner of the road.and she was almost crying..we ended up doin nothin..and my cousine got a good blast...for that...
its like we cant just spot out the bad drivers..i find most call center guys..raging in qualis..they just come onto the other vehicles..traffic here in bangalore is extream...
Old 19th April 2005, 06:37   #95
BHPian

ya never try to overtake a cab in bangalore...
a cab driver pushed my in a Dich on yelanka road...
and didnt even stop. i wish i coud have seen his number plate...
he would have not driven any other cab for the rest of his life...
Old 19th April 2005, 14:13   #96
BHPian

I;ve been in Bangalore for a short while now (3 months) and find that many motorists taking left onto a road and right (assuming it's a one way) do so on the inner most lanes without bothering to look at whether there are vehicles coming on that lane! Bombay was a little better <I think!>

Scares the living daylights out of me!
Old 19th April 2005, 15:46   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
new delhi - watch out for Call centre cars with Haryana number plates (qualis ) mad drivers ... they are maddd ... i swear give them a vtec ..they will smoke the best of us in a street race ..
Exactly. If these guys were to take part in the WRC, Solberg and Loeb would be history, so to say. Drifting and sliding all over the place, these guys are really scary. My morning drive from Gurgaon to Delhi (Mehrauli-Gurgaon road) gives me plenty of opportunity to drive alongside these maniacs. Another thing I noticed with the call-centre cars is that - more the number of the fairer sex, the faster the driver tends to go. So if it's packed with females, God help the other motorists on the road. Earlier on, I used to give them a demo of who's boss, but later realised that these guys have nothing to lose. I was just being silly wasting my car, my fuel and concentration on these clowns. As Rudra says - 'Understanding comes with time'.

Manti.
Old 19th April 2005, 17:13   #98
BHPian

guys in bangalore must be well aware of the saturday night dramas :-) all the action starts by 12 am... Yam dudes... Sum cars... All drivin like maniacs on mg's...every saturday i would come across a few accidents... Thnx to the cops this menace has reduced considerably ! Drive safe...
Old 19th April 2005, 19:42   #99
BHPian

yeah, in blore, there was a big problem of drunken driving, esp at late nights (The Club crowd returning via Mysore road). Those guys are scary. If I see a car with fog lamps going fast, I slow down and just let him/her pass me so they can meet their doom without me in the picture. Better safe and slow than sorry is my motto.

Another scary thing is 2-wheelers in Pune, they overtake you from left, and then cut across while accelerating. I used to get mad ... now I slow down and move on.
Old 19th April 2005, 20:03   #100
BANNED

yea..in bangalore..what i have found out is most of them tend to stay on the right lane and nobody bothers to stay or move to the left.so if you can improvise.its like easy to drive around.hassle free.i do that most of the time.well its risky sometimes.but i chekck twice before i make a move.
Old 20th April 2005, 01:53   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigarmuni
Ijust peep in the other cars window.... and see which sex is driving the car!
very true mate.
some bad experiences with the fairer sex.

Last edited by gamerno1 : 20th April 2005 at 01:54.
Old 21st April 2005, 19:15   #102
BHPian

I think the Tipper lorry drivers.Jeez ..i wonder whether they get some bonus on who reaches first basis
Old 21st April 2005, 23:40   #103
BHPian

how come no one mentioned BMTC buses in bangalore ? they are licensed to kill!...

another thing about call center Qualis..many companies insist on a sticker at the back of the vehicle saying "report rash driving by calling so-and-so number" etc. Anyone tried calling this number ?
Old 22nd April 2005, 00:21   #104
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS300
another thing about call center Qualis..many companies insist on a sticker at the back of the vehicle saying "report rash driving by calling so-and-so number" etc. Anyone tried calling this number ?
yea...i tried ..calling up around 10 pm.no one answered..the guy was sppeding rashly on outer ring road...we were like two cars..going....and this guy suddenly bumped in...and started racing..thing is he got some chicks in.....may be he was showing of..but ended up eating dirt....my cousine...rev'd up his zen...and...vrooom......
Old 22nd April 2005, 08:02   #105
Team-BHP Support

Just saw a call centre sumo go smack into the start of the dividers on Hosur Road (near Langford Town) - these guys think they are immortal!

Most Viewed