Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2008, 09:57   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy Ghose View Post

5) With Girlfriend - Airbags preferred
let me guess you need airbags when your with your girlfriend because one is distracted and may forget to brake so ABS is not of much use but airbags will come in handy.
Old 7th April 2008, 20:12   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Main reason being ive had first hand experience of almost having an accident twice.
Thank god the accident was both times by near cms.
Glad to see you hale and hearty to write this post. Agree that one would prefer both as far as possible; in both cases (i.e without ABS and with ABS) you avoided an accident - so the incremental advantage of an ABS without one was not seen. Maybe the Innova would have crashed into the E220 without ABS. But we are debating the lack of ABS in the Fabia - a smaller car and hence more in line with your Zen experience.

Would you have preferred an Airbag during those few terrifying seconds when you screeched and swerved? Or an ABS? If ABS, then are you sure you would not have hit the car?

I would have preferred the Airbag in that situation and would have prayed that the car in front also has one

Cheers,
Old 7th April 2008, 23:38   #33
BHPian

Thanks for the concern diffsoft
I wasnt in a zen, the morons who came in the way were in one.
Anyway, i was trying to illustrate how ABS played a vital role in stopping a big car like the Innova as you rightly stated. So i was illustrating how effective it can be.

In any case, you pointed out to me that we are talking about a small Fabia. Thanks for pointing that out, amidst this thread, i forgot that the debate was for the Fabia and not in general.

In case of the Fabia, id say given a choice, id also prefer Airbags. Though as far as possible, id like both - airbags & abs. But since only airbags are offered, id say its fine as well as the Fabia is targeted at the urban commuter where speeds wont go very high and airbags are present and the build quality of the little skoda is top notch too.
Old 8th April 2008, 10:02   #34
JRD
BHPian

abs doesnt necessarily mean reduced braking distances.. infact in road conditions like ours where there are lot of "kankars" lol on the roads, the abs might over calculate the slip of the wheels and result in long stopping distances. hence i think its a smart move by skoda.

Most Viewed