Team-BHP > Road Safety

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2008, 15:20   #16
Team-BHP Support

Till now I have enhanced my knowledge on ABS by talking to different sales guys. The definitions that I came to know on ABS are -

ABS stands for Absolute Boot Space

ABS stands for Anti Braking System

and last but not the least
ABS - Air Bag System
All of these came from Fiat and Tata dealership sales people
Old 12th May 2008, 16:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Oh God, BP, now I'm having an after-thought that the salesman must have thought ABS as Absolute Boot Space or something like that.
Regards,
Kaushik
Old 12th May 2008, 16:22   #18
BHPian

You can send a letter to Hyundai corporate, and complain about this specific guy (name him if you remember his name). Tell them how much you unappreciated the brand bashing, and moreover the misinformation. Tell them they have definitely lost a customer, and they should look at improving the quality of their salesmen. The company will kick the franchisee's ***, and if they are any good they will offer you a significant discount or something.
Old 12th May 2008, 16:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post

No wonder it is not a safety system .
Old 12th May 2008, 16:37   #20
BHPian

the weirdest explanation i have heard on ABS was,
if a car collides, sometimes the car doors lock up and it is very dangerous for passengers inside as the car may catch up fire. in such case, anti lock braking system a.k.a ABS saves lives by unlocking the doors (this was long time ago though). i was like wow

in my opinion, its not the fault of the sales persons, they should be given proper training
Old 12th May 2008, 16:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Till now I have enhanced my knowledge on ABS by talking to different sales guys. The definitions that I came to know on ABS are -

ABS - Air Bag System
I thought it is ANTI LOCK BRAKING SYSYTEM?
Old 12th May 2008, 17:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
You can send a letter to Hyundai corporate, and complain about this specific guy (name him if you remember his name). Tell them how much you unappreciated the brand bashing, and moreover the misinformation. Tell them they have definitely lost a customer, and they should look at improving the quality of their salesmen. The company will kick the franchisee's ***, and if they are any good they will offer you a significant discount or something.
I've already done that by sending a mail to cr[@]hmil.net. But I didn't mention the name of salesman as I don't want to personalize the issue. I've given them a general impression of what's happening at their dealer's place and how un-ethical things have become while selling a car. I hope they'll take some action at least to educate their people not to give any more wrong information to their customers.
Regards,
Kaushik
Old 12th May 2008, 17:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
I thought it is ANTI LOCK BRAKING SYSYTEM?
Didn't you get the sarcasm in his post?

Surprising though... I td'ed an i10 recently for a friend and the Trident chaps were nice and well behaved. They never made any lame comments like that either.
Old 12th May 2008, 18:06   #24
BHPian

I have often notice this, that the car sales man have the least knowledge of the cars they sell and it would be better if you just put a computer there which could arrange a test drive and tell you the cost, colours available and time for delivery. because any futhure than that, and either you will get "i don't know what is that" or some worng information and its always best to see the brochure for the right information.

And this problem is with all the dealers, even high end. The other I went to the Merc. showroom where I was told that the 200k petrol version has a 2.0 ltr. engine. Well I don't know in which world did he live, but our world 200k has a 1.8ltr engine. And he had no idea what I was talking about when I asked him about the torque. And the reason he gave for his poor knowledge was this was a new model and he didn't knew much about it, well I guess he was new too.
Old 12th May 2008, 18:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Didn't you get the sarcasm in his post?

Surprising though... I td'ed an i10 recently for a friend and the Trident chaps were nice and well behaved. They never made any lame comments like that either.
Even I expected something better that seeing how prompt they were to provide the car for test drive. BTW I went to Indira Nagar showroom, probably you went to the Cauvery Theater junction show room ?
Regards,
Kaushik
Old 12th May 2008, 18:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:

ABS - Air Bag System
you forgot one ABS absolute blah blah salesman
Old 12th May 2008, 19:22   #27
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezereo View Post
the weirdest explanation i have heard on ABS was,
if a car collides, sometimes the car doors lock up and it is very dangerous for passengers inside as the car may catch up fire. in such case, anti lock braking system a.k.a ABS saves lives by unlocking the doors (this was long time ago though). i was like wow

in my opinion, its not the fault of the sales persons, they should be given proper training
how about this...courtesy a salesgirl in Hyundai showroom.

ABS is bad as it causes collissions.

When someone comes in front of you, you brake hard. Your wheels lock. Your car automatically looses direction and ends up in adjacent lane. Now, when you have ABS, your wheels dont lock and you continue in straight line hitting the object in the front. so it causes accident.

She showed me that standard picture of the deviations of cars with/without ABS to support her point.
Old 12th May 2008, 21:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
how about this...courtesy a salesgirl in Hyundai showroom.

ABS is bad as it causes collissions.

When someone comes in front of you, you brake hard. Your wheels lock. Your car automatically looses direction and ends up in adjacent lane. Now, when you have ABS, your wheels dont lock and you continue in straight line hitting the object in the front. so it causes accident.

She showed me that standard picture of the deviations of cars with/without ABS to support her point.
cant stop laughing buddy ha ha ha ha ha ha
wonder where does these thoughts come from
Old 14th May 2008, 11:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Just an update, I got a call from a Trident Hyundai Sales Manager called Feroze today. He has taken my address as their Higher authority wants to talk to me directly regarding the matter. Good to see that they are responding to the matter.
Regards,
Kaushik
Old 14th May 2008, 12:19   #30
BHPian

Just a quick question.

Do you really think Air Bags are necessary for cars of i10 size?

Because, for that impact which will release the Air Bags, I think the car would have crumbled by then.
(Pray to God: Hope it never happens to anyone)

Please let me know.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed