Team-BHP > Road Safety

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 16:46   #31
BHPian

Ahh! lots of definitions fro ABS? I got one long back.
ANTI BRAKE SKIDDING.
Old 14th May 2008, 18:57   #32

Tejas From Trident Hyundai

My name is Tejas and I am the sales consultant from Trident Hyundai who interacted with Kaushik S. I would have let the matter be but for the reputation of my organisation and my own self-respect being ridiculed in this forum.

Let me clarify - I did not at any stage mention that Air Bags are not safety features. I only mentioned that Air Bags activated without seat belt being worn can be injurious. Every other comment made by him has been peppered with words that I have not said with the sole purpose of making me look like a novice.
It was very apparent and obvious from the very moment that I met him that he was intent on slighting and humiliating me. He has referred to me as a "moron"and even quoted me as pronouncing "sir" as "saar". I have been educated in one of the best schools of Bangalore and my accent of the English language is quite impeccable. I have no doubt that Kaushik intended to also ridicule South Indians by emphasising "saar".

It is very unfortunatle that this reputed forum is used to air personal vendetta and heap insult on people. I am sure my organisation will initiate appropriate action to redeem its prestige and reputation. On my part, I trust those who browse this will make their judgements dispassionately.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th May 2008 at 23:13. Reason: The user has been infracted for a personal-attack due to the the comment mentioned.
Old 14th May 2008, 21:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Tejas, welcome to TBHP. Your point is well taken.
Your post, drafted as it is, leaves one in no doubt about your antecedents.

Hope any misunderstandings will get cleared up.

Waiting for Kaushik S to now offer something to substantiate the 'exaggerated' allegations, if that is what they were.
Old 14th May 2008, 21:48   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflames View Post
My name is Tejas and I am the sales consultant from Trident Hyundai who interacted with Kaushik S. I would have let the matter be but for the reputation of my organisation and my own self-respect being ridiculed in this forum.
Welcome to Team-BHP Tejas. We are a public, non commercial forum. Our ears are as open to you as they are to Kaushik.

Quote:
I have been educated in one of the best schools of Bangalore and my accent of the English language is quite impeccable.
Your written usage of the language is excellent too.

Quote:
It is very unfortunatle that this reputed forum is used to air personal vendetta and heap insult on people. I am sure my organisation will initiate appropriate action to redeem its prestige and reputation. On my part, I trust those who browse this will make their judgements dispassionately.
Absolutely. We are here to listen to the story, both sides of it. As Anup said, we will wait for Kaushik S to clarify his initial post.
Old 14th May 2008, 21:54   #35
BHPian

Quote:
My name is Tejas and I am the sales consultant from Trident Hyundai who interacted with Kaushik S.

How did you come to know about this Forum.
Who gave you the link to this thread
Old 14th May 2008, 21:57   #36
BHPian

Tejas, welcome to the real world
In todays world, to put their point across, people need pepper rather I'd say"masala". C'mon dude watch any news channel if you do not believe me.
First of all, Direct sales is a job wherein whatever the sales guy says is taken as a lie or contorted fact by the buyer. that is why "caveat emptor" is the saying. In the end the buyer buys a lemon (does not pertain to you)and remembers the sales guy all his life(NAGINA, NIGAHEN).
This is human nature in the present scenario, we need to vent our whole days misgivings and why not catch an odd Sire or saar to spice up the conversation. In your school there must have been teacher who would say yem yo yet another yo and yen to spell moon. Punjabis (even harvard guys) have a hard time trying not to pronounce pleasure as plyyur.

Chill guys, misunderstandings , notions can be set to ground once we try to see the other guys line of thinking.

@Kaushik
People have to sell things and in a regular day, you would find people in a car showroom bargaining for accessories and lower interest, only TBHPians ask for torque or ABS or EBD.

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Last edited by rohitgaur : 14th May 2008 at 21:59.
Old 14th May 2008, 21:57   #37
Team-BHP Support

Hello Tejas,

Please do tell us your complete side of the story and where it does and doesnt match with Kaushik_s's story.

Once both sides of the story are presented we will leave it to the readers to make up their own mind - as you yourself have said - without the need for this to become a long drawn out personal arguement.

We appreciate your civil tone and please do use the "Report Post" button if you ever wish to report something to the moderators.

Thanks,
R

EDIT: @rohitgaur - mistakes, misunderstandings and accents are totally acceptable - adding masala to a story on Team-BHP to make it a little different from the truth is not acceptable.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th May 2008 at 22:00.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
EDIT: @rohitgaur - mistakes, misunderstandings and accents are totally acceptable - adding masala to a story on Team-BHP to make it a little different from the truth is not acceptable.
Well said Rehaan. It does, at times, become a concern. Specially so when very strong language has been used.
Appreciate the fact that you also find Tejas' post quite moderately worded.

Ther are exceptions to this rule, as to any rule: The Yeti's Yetilife posts and suchlike!!

Last edited by anupmathur : 14th May 2008 at 22:07.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hello Tejas,
I did mentioned whatever you've told me. If you remember, the first thing I said was " it's a nice car and I'm feeling better then santro". You said "yes, it's a refined engine and have lil' bit more power".
Then I asked you if I can take the car to IRR, you said "no problem". Then we discussed about pricing and then came your part of telling me that Hyundai is value for money car. Then the discussion come towards Getz and Swift.
And please don't lie that you have told me that Airbags killed people when people don't wear seatbelt. I've that much of knowledge and I really would've appreciated that if you had said that. What you told me was "Do you know how many people are killed because of airbags? "
I told you , " Boss do you know what you are saying? Airbags and ABS are safety features".
Then you've almost laughed at me saying, "Airbags and ABS are just enhancements not safety features". And those were your exact words. Now please be little brave and speak the truth.
At that point I tried to argue with you that these are really safety feature but you were in no mood to listen to me.
Then after sometime I asked you what are safety features which Getz have and Swift doesn't have then you told me, "Crumple zones", and after that I knew that there was not point arguing with you.
After we reach your office you just rushed out of the car and went inside without saying anything, showing nothing but arrogance. We had to wait for you to come back so that someone can take down the phone number give us the quotations/price list.
Now tell me, at which point I was insulting you or it was you who insulted me? Your exact words for airbags was exactly what I informed here.
Yes the Saar may not be correct but that's how I heard it (may be I was wrong to what I've heard then I am sorry for that ) but other then that I stick by whatever I've said here. And you are thinking that I've intention to ridicule south indians ? Boss this place is my home now and I respect each and every law abiding citizen here.
And you are talking about personal vendetta, I don't even know you to have any personal grudge. If I had I would've complained with your name itself to your company, I didn't do that because I didn't want to tarnish your name in your company. I told them in generic manner that salesmen should not try to stick to their hard-selling tactics.
Anyway that what I've to say in my defense. As you've joined this esteemed forum I hope you'll learn (and I think you are already learning when you've posted that airbags can kill if not wearing seat-belts) and be a better knowledgeable person.
Regards,
Kaushik
Old 14th May 2008, 22:11   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Go and meet that guy again. Invite him to be a TBHP member. He'll bless you right through his life.
This post just brought a smile to my face. Welcome to the forum Tejas.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

Good show, both sides of the story are coming out.

Just hope there isnt a manager from Hyundai/ Dealership masquerading here because then thats just not on

Oh yes and whoever it is (Tejas or pseudo..) Welcome to the Forum!

Last edited by s0uljah : 14th May 2008 at 22:15. Reason: smiley
Old 14th May 2008, 22:22   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Good show, both sides of the story are coming out.

Just hope there isnt a manager from Hyundai/ Dealership masquerading here because then thats just not on

Oh yes and whoever it is (Tejas or pseudo..) Welcome to the Forum!
Tejas is not a pseusdo name.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:25   #43
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Tejas, enjoy your stay. Take some time to go through the rules of the forum also please.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:25   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
This post just brought a smile to my face. Welcome to the forum Tejas.
Just for the record I did't join the forum because of that msg. I joined it because no incident is complete without two sides of the story being told.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:25   #45
BANNED

Quote:
I have no doubt that Kaushik intended to also ridicule South Indians by emphasising "saar".
I feel very uncomfortable with that sentence Mr Tejas. Are you trying to invoke the regional spirit here? I'm sure Kaushik never intended to ridicule any south indians.

And coming to crumple zones even the very first Maruti 800 (SS80) had it. It's mentioned in the owners manual.

And i think it's a Hyundai company policy to do unethical marketing. It has been done before when the company released the ad in the dailies and magazines comparing their Santro to the Swift.

I'm with Kaushik on this one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed