Team-BHP > Road Safety

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 22:29   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I feel very uncomfortable with that sentence Mr Tejas. Are you trying to invoke the regional spirit here? I'm sure Kaushik never intended to ridicule any south indians.

And coming to crumple zones even the very first Maruti 800 (SS80) had it. It's mentioned in the owners manual.

And i think it's a Hyundai company policy to do unethical marketing. It has been done before when the company released the ad in the dailies and magazines comparing their Santro to the Swift.

I'm with Kaushik on this one.
The point i was conveying to kaushik was airbags without seat belts are lethal.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:30   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hello Tejas,

Please do tell us your complete side of the story and where it does and doesnt match with Kaushik_s's story.

Once both sides of the story are presented we will leave it to the readers to make up their own mind - as you yourself have said - without the need for this to become a long drawn out personal arguement.

We appreciate your civil tone and please do use the "Report Post" button if you ever wish to report something to the moderators.

Thanks,
R

EDIT: @rohitgaur - mistakes, misunderstandings and accents are totally acceptable - adding masala to a story on Team-BHP to make it a little different from the truth is not acceptable.
Rehaan, just now I've read your post as I was busy writing my reply, I would like to mention it again that that's what I've heard and may be I heard it wrong, it was not to put any Masala but to explain the story as it happened. That's what I've to say, I do have my friend also but that won't be taken as proof as he is a friend of mine and people will think he is biased.I've told what have exactly happened there and I would stick to it.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:33   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I feel very uncomfortable with that sentence Mr Tejas. Are you trying to invoke the regional spirit here? I'm sure Kaushik never intended to ridicule any south indians.

And coming to crumple zones even the very first Maruti 800 (SS80) had it. It's mentioned in the owners manual.

And i think it's a Hyundai company policy to do unethical marketing. It has been done before when the company released the ad in the dailies and magazines comparing their Santro to the Swift.

I'm with Kaushik on this one.
Then why did he have to come and type "saar" when I clearly said sir. And prior to this job I worked in a call center. So u decide for yourself.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:40   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflames View Post
Just for the record I did't join the forum because of that msg. I joined it because no incident is complete without two sides of the story being told.
Well that I knew. I just thought it was a pleasant surprise and not demeaning in any way.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:43   #50
Team-BHP Support

Inflames,

Kaushik_s has clarified and apologised for typing "saar". Lets not pursue that anymore.
I dont think anyone here doubts your english (not that it should matter anyway). What we are discussing is the explanation of the safety features and the comparison of the cars. The facts and how they were represented.

It is fine if there were smartly worded truths (after all that is what marketing is - and that is your job!).
However, if there were honest mistakes made (due to incomplete knowledge or misunderstandings) it would be best that they were admitted so everyone can reach a common and agreeable story here and we can draw this thread to a peaceful conclusion.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th May 2008 at 22:46.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:47   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Just an update, I got a call from a Trident Hyundai Sales Manager called Feroze today. He has taken my address as their Higher authority wants to talk to me directly regarding the matter. Good to see that they are responding to the matter.
Regards,
Kaushik
My manager's name is Fareed. Look what my friend has heard it as... "Feroze", it is not even phonetically close! Now u guys decide how much or how carefully Kaushik was listening.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:50   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tejas is not a pseusdo name.
What I meant to say was that I hope its really Tejas and not a manager/higher up penning words on behalf.

If Kaushik was out to get anyone he would have stated the name badge clearly and mentioned the same in his mail to Hyundai, so seems like his intentions werent malicious to begin with.

At the end of the day whats important is that we all make mistake and whats more important is that we learn from them. This post truly shows the power of T-Bhp!

Oh and just for the record im not a Hyundai hater cheers:
Old 14th May 2008, 22:52   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Inflames,

Kaushik_s has clarified and apologised for typing "saar". Lets not pursue that anymore.
I dont think anyone here doubts your english (not that it should matter anyway). What we are discussing is the explanation of the safety features and the comparison of the cars. The facts and how they were represented.

It is fine if there were smartly worded truths (after all that is what marketing is - and that is your job!).
However, if there were honest mistakes made (due to incomplete knowledge or misunderstandings) it would be best that they were admitted so everyone can reach a common and agreeable story here and we can draw this thread to a peaceful conclusion.

cya
R
Sir two things hurt me the most in that post were that I was accused of being unethical and addressing him as "saar". I have been brought up in a family where honesty and integrity are given paramount importance.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:54   #54
Senior - BHPian

Tejas, Welcome to Team-BHP.

Do not worry about the reputation of your company. I have been a Trident customer for the last 5 years. My experience with your sales and after sales has been good. Perceptions do vary and you do not have to worry as long as you are dedicated to your job. Take it cool!!

This is a great forum. I am sure you will have a nice time here. Enjoy!!

Last edited by PatienceWins : 14th May 2008 at 22:56.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:58   #55
Team-BHP Support

And why not give us some good inside news of i10 diesel and all.
Old 14th May 2008, 23:04   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
And why not give us some good inside news of i10 diesel and all.
All I know is that it will sport a 1.1l engine and has 80 bhp. The release may be somewhere in 2008. Will keep u guys updated after I confirm it.
Old 14th May 2008, 23:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir two things hurt me the most in that post were that I was accused of being unethical and addressing him as "saar". I have been brought up in a family where honesty and integrity are given paramount importance.
Inflames,

Welcome to T-BHP.

As said earlier, we have come out of the "saar" thing. He has acknowledged that it was a mistake on his side and apologised. Can we move on?

And now why do you want to bring in your bring up and family?

Lets move on. 6 posts after Kausiks post and you have not responded to that post, but made many others; why?

Do respond to the one that needs a response from you!
Old 14th May 2008, 23:15   #58
BHPian

Tejas, what ever may have been the circumstances for you to have joined this forum, we appreciate that you took the initiative to join it. Its quite evident that you wanted to put your side of the story and that you very well did and we all appreciate that too. Now that you're here, we all welcome you with open arms.

This forum needs and welcomes everyone with a passion. I am sure you are passionate about your job and am sure that you love cars like we all do.

We look forward for you to keep us informed about Hyundai and their plans as and when you can.

Once again, welcome to our family.
Old 14th May 2008, 23:19   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
All I know is that it will sport a 1.1l engine and has 80 bhp. The release may be somewhere in 2008. Will keep u guys updated after I confirm it.
ahhh that would be interesting, i heard it would be verna engine itself? Maybe i was informed wrong, but this sounds really kewl. Tell them to put wider tyres also please
Old 14th May 2008, 23:21   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tejas,
All I can say that I still don't have any grudge against you even after what you've posted in your postings [ You did tried to question my integrity when you've added the part of Seat-belt with the Airbags killing people] All I wanted from you was little bit of honesty by saying apples as apples and oranges as oranges. Anyway I've already told exactly what have happened. And please do ask your manager what I've told him when he talked to me in the morning. I told him that I don't even need a apology but just an assurance that the salesperson shouldn't give wrong information or try to demean other companies. You can ask him if I've mentioned anyone's name to satisfy my personal grudge or whatever you want to make other's believe.
And about your manager's name, I was in a hurry to go to office that time and you can't expect me to remember it correctly after a grueling day at office, right ? Still I said Feroze which I guess quite near to Fareed, right ?
And about tarnishing Trident's name, haven't I mentioned that I was so pleased to have a test vehicle so promptly? Where did I tried to tarnish their or Hyundai's name?
Regards,
Kaushik

Mods, if you think the post is not appropiate please delete it, I've posted it so that I can atleast give a conclusion from my side. I hope it's correct.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed