Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2023, 15:12   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
That guy parked his motorcycle on the left side of the highway and was crossing the road when this happened. The tempo braked hard after seeing him, but could not avoid collision.
And why do you say so?
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 15:20   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
And why do you say so?
As I can see the motorcycle parked there and we don't know why this tempo braked so hard. A person fell from top of a tempo and was unscathed even after falling from a height, this is difficult to digest.
Old 10th March 2023, 15:24   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
As I can see the motorcycle parked there and we don't know why this tempo braked so hard. A person fell from top of a tempo and was unscathed even after falling from a height, this is difficult to digest.
Unlikely that guy covered that road without disturbing other traffic. I could not see much as the tempo (2nd one) was blocking my view but as I recollect, nobody from left side tried crossing the road
Old 10th March 2023, 16:13   #814
BHPian

Quote:
This happened while I was on way to office last year. Thanks to Octavia's braking power, I could stop in time. Most probably that guy was sitting on the tempo which might have braked hard. That guy just stood up and it was business as usual.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=yKWkJD1NbDk
Razor sharp reflexes of that ACE mini Truck Driver! Good Alertness and reaction on your part too.
boohooper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 16:50   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Unlikely that guy covered that road without disturbing other traffic. I could not see much as the tempo (2nd one) was blocking my view but as I recollect, nobody from left side tried crossing the road
Finding the reason why the first tempo braked is critical. It was most probably due to this guy. Crossing the road to do something on the other side and then coming back is a possibility.
He was crossing right towards the bike parked on the left.
I don't know why you think that this guy was sitting on the tempo, when the tempo was completely vacant. He may have moonwalked to his destination without breaking any traffic rule if he was a part of the tempo group.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 17:29   #816
BHPian

Narrowly missed being part of this thread.
Suddenly an auto rickshaw driver decided to merge back into lane when there is no space/lane marking for him to complete the manoeuvre.
My Reflex made me swerve the car as i knew i won't be able to stop in time.
Dhruv29 is offline   (72) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 22:59   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv29 View Post
Suddenly an auto rickshaw driver decided to merge back into lane when there is no space/lane marking for him to complete the manoeuvre.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=gTcFefLTOTE
Exactly what autowalas are born for, to make abrupt turns. I hope no one was injured or hurt during this incident. After many incidents with Autowalas my family has made it a rule to keep at least a minute's worth of braking distance as a gap between our car and the autowala.
Drivaholic@2727 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 12:27   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You were lucky that no one was on the immediate lane left of you.

That idiot auto-driver must have realised that he's entering the sub-way and turned left without even looking at rear view mirror.

At the end of the video you almost stopped. I hope you gave him earful, though it's not going to make any difference to him.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 11th March 2023 at 12:28.
AutoNoob is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 13:04   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
You were lucky that no one was on the immediate lane left of you.

That idiot auto-driver must have realised that he's entering the sub-way and turned left without even looking at rear view mirror.

At the end of the video you almost stopped. I hope you gave him earful, though it's not going to make any difference to him.
Yes, i was lucky in that aspect. But i was also confident for empty space, as i checked my rear view just 2 seconds before the manoeuvre. I've made it an habit to check my surroundings every 10-12 seconds and try to give way to maniacs, it it is the only way to survive driving in Delhi-NCR and not getting dented left and right.

Actually both roads were joining merging into one after just 100 meters. You would expect auto-driver to know the route thoroughly.
I saw him in my IRVM, he was about to tip over as well due to rear wheel climbing the divider as he tried to save himself from crashing into me.
I did gave him an earful! He apologised profusely and i let it go. If he did bumped into me, then it would have been another scenario altogether.
Dhruv29 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 14:41   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely agree. I have changed my pattern now. At least 2 cars distance I keep these days. People now find this gap and get into it
Then what do you do. Slow down to maintain more distance? These things unfortunately dont work in traffic. Keep some distance for quick reactions and an eagles eye on the vehicles around you. I thought you handled the stopping well
megazoid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 18:24   #821
BHPian

Quote:
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=gTcFefLTOTE
You were at low speed so it was ok. If you were at high speed you could have hit the parked bus due to this sudden swerve-a rear underride for you and a very bad outcome.

Please brake in a straight line and don’t swerve for such fools. Swerving without looking can become a habit
StopUnderrides is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 11:18   #822
rGT
BHPian

Quote:
That's in front of the Sector 54 Chowk Rapid Metro station. The autowala must have realised in the last moment that he might be able to get some passengers there, hence the sudden turn. I often shudder at how low margins they keep when navigating through heavy traffic. Borne heavy-drivers, these!

Last edited by vb-saan : 12th March 2023 at 19:48. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 12th March 2023, 12:31   #823

Re: Your near-miss experiences on the road

I haven't come across a single person in india who follows lane-discipline, uses indicators and adheres to the speed limit. Doesn't matter if they're driving an Audi or an Auto.

And the pedestrians! I doubt even the traffic police know what Jay-walking is. We need a tidal shift in the attitude towards traffic rules.
Roonil is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 13:21   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopUnderrides View Post
You were at low speed so it was ok. If you were at high speed you could have hit the parked bus due to this sudden swerve-a rear underride for you and a very bad outcome.

Please brake in a straight line and don’t swerve for such fools. Swerving without looking can become a habit
Yep, I also trained myself to only brake in a straight line when these idiots pull these kind of maneuvers. If you can't stop in time, its better to crash into them rather than swerve and be demolished by some speeding KSRTC bus.
Old 12th March 2023, 14:04   #825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a similar experience too.
Autowala was on phone and didn't even bother to check before making a hasty U turn.

Atleast these auto guys forgot to check the rear view mirrors and failed to see the traffic behind them. Here is a special idiot, who clearly couldn't see the traffic coming straight into him before making a U turn on the State highway

Not only autos and cars, 2 wheeler riders too can be extremely careless

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 12th March 2023 at 14:10.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks