Team-BHP > Road Safety

View Poll Results: Do you use a baby / car seat (if there is an infant in the car)?
Yes 33 62.26%
No 20 37.74%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 09:37   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I am buying the baby seat this month, the question is, will the baby get adjusted to it soon at this age? Anyone who has introduced their baby to a child seat at this age of about 8-9 months?
Like already said by other members, earlier the better but since you have mentioned that she has not travelled a great deal then she should be OK but not necessary due to their inability understand the restriction caused by the baby seat belts.

I started taking my son out regularly only after he was a month old but from then on I had a rear facing seat till he was 1.5 yrs old, then I bought a forward facing seat.

The outcome of this is that if gets in my car (because my dads car does not have one) he wants to sit in the car seat and not just that he wants his seatbelts on (actually makes an issue if we are late in strapping him in (he is 2.8 yrs now). Now the thing is that I try an avoid getting him in other cars because of the hassle of removing and strapping the car seat.

Start young and they perceive it to be the way things are done, usually kids dont enjoy out of the ordinary things, like introduction of baby seat all of a sudden. If you are ready to play deaf to their initial cries, then they will usually get used to the seat.
Old 16th December 2009, 09:54   #122
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone put anything which say's that the law is coming. Any web link or anything as such.
Old 16th December 2009, 14:22   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
But the only care that should taken by parents of the baby that they should securely strap their baby, otherwise due to the fluctuating amount of kinetic energy, it will hurt a baby physically.
But otherwise a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
About baby seats... Another vital thing is that the child must be strapped in securely. It's all about kinetic energy, I think, but I was a physics failure --- anyway, even if the baby can only move forward an inch when the thump happens, they are going to get hurt against that strap. The point is that (just as our tensioned adult belts are supposed to) the strap stops the babe being thrown anywhere.
well, the straps are not in place in the picture because we had taken a stop and he was about to be removed from the seat, before I clicked.

And yes, am completely with you on baby being 'safely strapped' in the seats in a moving car.
Old 16th December 2009, 16:06   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... well, the straps are not in place in the picture
It was a general comment, not at all aimed at you! <Blush>

You are obviously taking good care of your child.
Old 16th December 2009, 17:56   #125
Senior - BHPian

This thread had stated on 05/11/08 on that day there was some website which had published this news but after that there are no update's on this thread.

Or should I say legal update?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed