Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you use a baby / car seat (if there is an infant in the car)?
Yes 33 62.26%
No 20 37.74%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2009, 00:51   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
why waste money on car, buy a bike! if you neither have kids nor plan to have any!
Because I love to drive, and hate bikes Besides, asking singles and kidless-coupls to get a baby seat is undemocratic.
The seat belt law is hardly implemented. This is just going to be a platform over which cops can screw you.
Old 11th July 2009, 07:55   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Car manufactures will now have to provide a system of buckles, belts and solid anchorage points to enable the future use of a child-seat, if required. A "childseat" will NOT be included - it is supplementary to the system.
Please don't confuse a infant /child seat with a system for attaching such a seat if required. All 'modern' cars have it with the only difference being whether the rear seat middle anchorage is a 2 point (lap belt only) or a 3 point (usual seat belt).

I am not aware of any current Indian car which does not have any anchorage system. Globally, there are various systems like the LATCH and the ISOFIX which are supposed to be better anchorage systems than the 'adapted' adult seat belt system.

To reiterate, no one has to buy car seats unless they personally want to. However, all cars must have a ARAI certified anchorage system.

MODS: Please edit the title of this thread to soothe outraged non-parents

Last edited by itwasntme : 11th July 2009 at 08:05. Reason: Clarification
Old 11th July 2009, 09:26   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
try holding on to a baby under impact.

do not implement it because it the law (it is not yet). Implement it becuase it will save your child's life.
i was referring to the government policies of overlooking more pressing safety issues and was not trying to belittle child safety. i had a child seat in my car which my kids used until they outgrew them and could sit safely in the regular seats with the belts fastened.

it appears that anyone who posts a reply against this law is being viewed as one who cares little for child safety. thats not the case am sure. its the actually the government's short-sighted approach to safety that we wish to highlight.
Old 17th July 2009, 19:06   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
MODS: Please edit the title of this thread to soothe outraged non-parents
Ah! Why didn't i think of that instead of trying to make the clarification again & again!

Done. In future please use the REPORT POST button instead of posting moderation requests on the forum. See How to Report a Post.

Thanks,
R

PS - Nice addition with the videos Parm.
Old 17th July 2009, 19:44   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
To reiterate, no one has to buy car seats unless they personally want to. However, all cars must have a ARAI certified anchorage system.
Safety is an issue that is overlooked in India, be it in transport, at work or even in everyday life. But, for people who are aware, there is a choice.

Most team-bhpians I know are very particular about belting up. But how many of us with kids actually use baby car seats or plan to do so?

Maybe a poll would help?
Old 17th July 2009, 22:47   #96
BHPian

Well every person who has a kid now sticks a poster on the car saying "Baby in Car".
They are all aware of the safety measures for their kids now.

What the Government does'nt know is to make safer roads instead they come up with a Foreign tied business deal to earn money out of people.
Old 17th July 2009, 23:25   #97
Senior - BHPian

well all i can say is that it will take a long time and battle to implement the rule to have the child seats in india!
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:11   #98
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Maybe a poll would help?

There ya go, MaserQ. Poll added.
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:38   #99
Senior - BHPian

Till now I have not used it but I am ready to use it from now on.

I might sound funny but can some one post the photo of a baby seat.
Old 22nd July 2009, 17:44   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I might sound funny but can some one post the photo of a baby seat.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1364833-post.html
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:11   #101
Senior - BHPian

I currently use no babay seats, but plan to get one as soon as possible for my daughter.

Last edited by clevermax : 22nd July 2009 at 18:12.
Old 14th December 2009, 16:36   #102
BHPian

Just wondering - since 2010 is just a couple of weeks away, are we getting this law implemented? Any updates?
Old 14th December 2009, 16:47   #103
BANNED

I'm trying to implement this on my car, but as of now my 1.7yr old daughter is not very happy with the system. She will sit for some time, but if you buckle up she will start screaming. Now i'm trying this at home so she can get used to it .
Old 14th December 2009, 17:26   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I'm trying to implement this on my car, but as of now my 1.7yr old daughter is not very happy with the system. She will sit for some time, but if you buckle up she will start screaming. Now i'm trying this at home so she can get used to it .
With my son also same problem but I have made a habit to make him sit on the backseat and not in the front seat.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:39   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I'm trying to implement this on my car, but as of now my 1.7yr old daughter is not very happy with the system.
Did you start a bit late? - just checking the reason for her unhappiness.

I went to Mothers care @ shoppers stop and ordered Britax (as recommended by many in the other baby seat thread) and plan to put my 2 months old daughter in it, so that she wont get to know the luxurious view traveling in front seat.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks