Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 13:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Holy cow. That senior citizen sure is lucky. I have seen these antiquated cabs and whenever i can avoid,i do try and use the newer ones, if available but thanks to Meru and Mega cab, these guys are off my list.

The persons responsible for these cabs are the RTO themselves. There are proper guidelines framed for the passing of these cabs but due to the callous and carefree attitude of the authorities and the money taken under the table, most of these cabs are passed and declared fit for the road.

In fact a cab cannot be passed if it has a signal light missing or not working. Im sure most of the cabs passed dont even have brake lights working, hence leading to tailgate crashes.

Time someone took the authorities to task. Maybe an RTI can be initiated to find out the actual guidelines for passing these cabs and an agency hired to check that the passing is done correctly by the Vigilance department of the transport sector.

I wonder if we as a forum can address this problem to the transport minister and the transport vigilance dept? (accompanied by pics of deteriorating cabs which will be found aplenty)
Old 15th September 2009, 13:46   #17
BHPian

First of, the senior citizen can thank his stars that he is still alive, and I dont think that break failure is any excuse considering that he was going F--A--S--T as you said. Cars that are beyond a certain number of years in terms of life span should not be used as taxis as they are putting alot of people at risk, not just the driver and passengers, but innocent civilians as well.
Old 15th September 2009, 18:14   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

bblost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
thats right, but what i meant that anyone breaking a red light at 100kmph deserves to die lol,
Well, that is a point of view I suppose.

... And I am not rushing to disagree with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Im sure most of the cabs passed dont even have brake lights working, hence leading to tailgate crashes.
Doesn't help, and I'd agree that no break lights is pretty dangerous, but tailgate crashes are always the fault of the driver behind.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 15th September 2009 at 18:17.

Most Viewed