Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 19:34   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
A free-of-cost replacement, I presume?
I did not have to pay for parts or labor. Nor for the sandwiches and the tea in the visitors lounge

Else I would have been a 'un' fan!
Old 2nd July 2011, 16:32   #17
BHPian

Re: Airbag Warning Light In Innova Lit Up: Update - Issue Resolved

Noticed a few days back that the SRS airbag warning on my Innova was not switching off while the engine was running. Took it to Radha Krishna Toyota who diagnosed it as a faulty spiral cable sub-assembly (same problem as Genesis' Innova). Took them about an hour and a half to replace it. This unit is installed in the steering wheel hub, under the air-bag. Cost was Rs.8500 plus taxes. For information the part no. is 84306-0K021 and it's picture is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Airbag Warning Light In Innova Lit Up: Update - Issue Resolved-spiral-cable-assembly.jpg  

Last edited by John : 2nd July 2011 at 16:46.
Old 25th September 2014, 08:57   #18
BHPian

I got a call from Nandi Totota last evening with the message that Toyota has initiated a recall and free replacement of the Spiral Cable in the Innova's manufactured between 2006-2008. I was asked to bring my vehicle in for a free check & replacement. Any comments?
Old 26th September 2014, 12:32   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaboost View Post
I got a call from Nandi Totota last evening with the message that Toyota has initiated a recall and free replacement of the Spiral Cable in the Innova's manufactured between 2006-2008. I was asked to bring my vehicle in for a free check & replacement. Any comments?
Even I've read about that recall on the internet,probably here on t-bhp,but no word about it from our dealer though.
A couple of years back our 2006 Innova 'V' had developed the same issue and we too had to get that spiral cable replaced.If I am not mistaken it had costed us about 4-6k.
Old 27th October 2014, 10:54   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
Even I've read about that recall on the internet,probably here on t-bhp,but no word about it from our dealer though.
A couple of years back our 2006 Innova 'V' had developed the same issue and we too had to get that spiral cable replaced.If I am not mistaken it had costed us about 4-6k.

My 2005 Innova 2.5V showed this problem in Jan 2013 (approx 80,000km on the odo). I was told that driving with the air bag light illuminated was not a good idea as the air bag would probably not work in the event of an accident. I also was cautioned that the air bag may inflate suddenly without warning while driving, possibly leading to a hazardous situation or even an accident.

Took the car to DSK Toyota, Pune and had the spiral cable replaced - the job took just 20 minutes and I was back on the road, poorer by Rs 9814 (including taxes).

In Apr 2014, after the recall was announced, I applied for a refund on the grounds that Toyota had recalled these vehicles due to manufacturing/ design defect. I also submitted the original cash invoice (which I had retained). After a patient wait of about 4 months (without reminders) Toyota refunded the entire amount.

Thank you Toyota - that's what I call service.

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th October 2014 at 13:55. Reason: Only two smileys per post please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks