Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2010, 12:53   #91
BHPian

Crash of three cars on sea link: lane-jumper bruised, rest badly hurt - Yahoo! India News

One more - the first in the new year apparently. No fatalities luckily.
Old 14th January 2010, 16:19   #92
BHPian

See the following link for live sequence of the latest Swift-Esteem-second Swift collision on the Bandra-Worli Sea Link.

From the look it I dont think the offendor was speeding but cutting across the lane dangerously without indicator and also my hunch that he was on his cellphone !! Poor esteem occupants.
Old 14th January 2010, 16:42   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
One more - the first in the new year apparently. No fatalities luckily.
Nope it's the third one this year. This one was just bigger than the two.

The last two happened because of the speed limiting bumps installed. One car braked and got rear-ended as a result. What irony.
Old 14th January 2010, 17:05   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
From the look it I dont think the offendor was speeding but cutting across the lane dangerously without indicator and also my hunch that he was on his cellphone !! Poor esteem occupants.
Either that, or he was daydreaming
Old 14th January 2010, 17:32   #95
Senior - BHPian

Thats really sad man! There are some foreigners in/near the esteem in the video. Any casualties ?
Old 14th January 2010, 18:14   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The last two happened because of the speed limiting bumps installed. One car braked and got rear-ended as a result. What irony.The last two happened because of the speed limiting bumps installed. One car braked and got rear-ended as a result. What irony.
Then the bumps were not the cause: the cars driving too close was the cause
Old 14th January 2010, 19:06   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
The scorpio behind the swift seems too close. Maybe the swift got nudged by the scorpio?
Old 14th January 2010, 19:17   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
The scorpio behind the swift seems too close. Maybe the swift got nudged by the scorpio?
Yep, looks like it. Else till that point the swift seemed to be fine.
Old 14th January 2010, 20:23   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Then the bumps were not the cause: the cars driving too close was the cause
The irony is in the fact the the said devices were installed as a measure to reduce speed and thus prevent accidents; however, they themselves proved to be an indirect cause of an accident.

Tailgating is something no device can prevent. If someone is tailgating you, then very gradually slow down and let the buffoon pass.
Old 14th January 2010, 22:35   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
+1
I guess it's the fault of the Scorpio Driver who dragged the white Swift into the Divider. The Scorpio looks just too close to the Swift.
Old 14th January 2010, 22:56   #101
Senior - BHPian

I watched the video some 10 times, and i too feel that the Scorpio was too close to the white Swift ZXI, just as it was losing track.

IMO, with ABS and EBD, the person riding the Swift could have somehow got the car back on track, knowing that something was going wrong! This if the Scorpio was not involved.
Old 14th January 2010, 23:22   #102
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm, the white swift was a ZXi so it had airbags and they should have opened up.

I too feel the Scorpio nudged the Swift and hope they make an attempt to trace the Scorpio.
Old 15th January 2010, 04:03   #103
BANNED

The video is missing some seconds .But what is clear is both switched lanes at same time .
It is possible the swift guy slowed down and scorpio being too close nudged him .

But anyways we look the fault is Scorpio's . I believe the scorpio guy can be caught using the toll receipt with some amount of work which i hope police will do .

Also the camera quality is not good enough . So much money they spent and no good cameras .Why ? Safety is not important i guess.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 15th January 2010 at 04:12.
Old 15th January 2010, 09:30   #104
BHPian

From the look of it, the Scorpio was too close and in all probability nudged the swift. Only investigation of the Scorpio will throw some light.

BTW, given the crime scene in Mumbai, could it be that the swift guy was given a reality check by the goons?

Nainar
Old 15th January 2010, 11:26   #105
BHPian

Yes it seems the Scorpio had some role in it. Firstly the Swift travelling on the outer lane cut in to the inner lane on which Scorpio was cruising. (enough to hurt the ego of the Scorpio driver ). Scorpio immediate reaction is to make a move towards outer lane and overtake but seems to abandon that in a split second and probably gave the nudge to the Swift at the same time. But the intriguing thing is that in the later frames the tender rear of the Swift seems to be intact without any dent. Well known about Swift is that even a fly can give it a dent !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks