Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2011, 16:15   #241
BHPian

Re: 10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset

shishir: read your thread fully, now it is one year! It is a terrible accident!

On the truck driver in question - One of my colleague used to say jokingly while seeing some erratic drivers who drive carelessly - that they used to drive bullock carts few years before and now he got this vehicle which he is playing with!

Sorry about your car and glad that yoou and your family are safe and have moved on.

And I really want to coment on your courage to go and visit the place again and looking back 1 year ago (and sharing the pics). Plenty of us dont have the courage to do that (some of my friends dont have the it even when remind them about some incidents on vehicles breaking down - and need to be towed) - they say please dont remind on those unfortunate incidents. Kudos to you!

God Bless

Regards
narayanang76
Old 13th January 2011, 17:24   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
shishir why blame only the buses and trucks pal. Have driven this route umpteen times and its seldom that I have seen any car for that matter slow down here. Those humps arent good enough to deter any car driver to slow down.

The last time I drove that route was about a month back or so and was telling my friends that those speed breakers are in no ways helping reduce the speed of approaching vehicles. That said am glad you have moved on from the bad episode you all went through. Drive safe.
Thanks man.
You are absolutely right. Only thing the difference at that junction would have made was to put a BIG SINGLE hump instead of 10 small humps. If the hump is a regular big hump then everyone will slow down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
My 2 cents worth - Indian traffic is such that road dividers are absolutely essential. At least some head on accidents can be prevented, and one can focus on the traffic headed in the same direction. One of our family friends lost his life a couple of years ago, when a bus was trying to overtake a truck (both oncoming) and rammed into his Santro head on (Pune Solapur road). I dont understand what the great hurry is to overtake a vehicle and put other lives in danger. Isnt one delayed further if they drive rash?
This is what exactly happened at that junction to me. But it was a truck overtaking a bus at that cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
shishir: read your thread fully, now it is one year! It is a terrible accident!

On the truck driver in question - One of my colleague used to say jokingly while seeing some erratic drivers who drive carelessly - that they used to drive bullock carts few years before and now he got this vehicle which he is playing with!

Sorry about your car and glad that yoou and your family are safe and have moved on.

And I really want to coment on your courage to go and visit the place again and looking back 1 year ago (and sharing the pics). Plenty of us dont have the courage to do that (some of my friends dont have the it even when remind them about some incidents on vehicles breaking down - and need to be towed) - they say please dont remind on those unfortunate incidents. Kudos to you!

God Bless

Regards
narayanang76
Thanks for the wishes man.
It is waste of time and energy talking of those drivers. I had to visit that place and see which was the junction and what is the specialty of that junction so that deadly accidents takes place once in 2 days and some one loses their life. I wanted to see the footpath which saved me.

Life moves on, but scars and thoughts remain whenever you are trying to drive and plan a long drive.
Old 14th January 2011, 11:57   #243
Senior - BHPian

what a nasty T Point, making it easier for people to join the main road at good speed. Total design flaw in this.

Instead, there should be the following for the road with connects as T

1. Median, so that incoming and outgoing traffic is separate
2. Speedbreakers for this joining road, in fact quite big of them, so that people reduce speed before joining this road.

When are our highway engineers going to learn how to implement a T point !
Old 14th January 2011, 13:38   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
what a nasty T Point, making it easier for people to join the main road at good speed. Total design flaw in this.

Instead, there should be the following for the road with connects as T

1. Median, so that incoming and outgoing traffic is separate
2. Speedbreakers for this joining road, in fact quite big of them, so that people reduce speed before joining this road.

When are our highway engineers going to learn how to implement a T point !
@tanwar, you can't put a median also since the road width is small. If an SUV and a big vehicle pass each other then almost the ORVM touches the body of the other vehicle. But some idea should be implemented to make these type of junctions a safer one.
Old 14th January 2011, 16:07   #245
BHPian

Hi
I am glad you and your family are safe. But writing them in every detail, with photographs and revisiting the place again and reconstructing the events, my god, you should be a tough nut to crack. Personally i had one bad spill 8 years back and could not drive a bike for couple of months and i was emotionally black mailed to drive a car for the next year or so before i could get my hands on a bike again. It had taken nearly 6 years before my better half relented for me to buy a REB.
I am sorry your matiz could not be restored but she has served her purpose well. Again having been involved in litigation i am not sure the driver or the owner of the lorry would be brought to justice. I am happy you have moved on and started looking for another car. All the best for that too. Dont let this incident take the fun out of your trips you might do in the future with your family.
Cheers buddy.

Last edited by drrajasaravanan : 14th January 2011 at 16:08.
Old 14th January 2011, 18:40   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi
I am glad you and your family are safe. But writing them in every detail, with photographs and revisiting the place again and reconstructing the events, my god, you should be a tough nut to crack. Personally i had one bad spill 8 years back and could not drive a bike for couple of months and i was emotionally black mailed to drive a car for the next year or so before i could get my hands on a bike again. It had taken nearly 6 years before my better half relented for me to buy a REB.
I am sorry your matiz could not be restored but she has served her purpose well. Again having been involved in litigation i am not sure the driver or the owner of the lorry would be brought to justice. I am happy you have moved on and started looking for another car. All the best for that too. Dont let this incident take the fun out of your trips you might do in the future with your family.
Cheers buddy.
Thanks for everything. i have already bought a car and have done almost 8000kms of travel in 6 months. But the thought of that accident is still fresh and everyday it flashes my mind in the morning when I start my car. But enjoying the 2nd life.
Old 7th March 2011, 14:32   #247
Senior - BHPian

This week we had the cross examination and argument from the opposition lawyer. He was representing the Insurance company(Reliance Insurance).

The whole scene was so different than what we see on TV and films. There we hear the whole description from the person standing in that place. But in reality nothing of that sort is done. They ask you questions and you need to just answer them in YES or NO

The scene was like this

Lawyer:I have gone through the case and the accident happened at Barandur cross(Bhadravathi bye-pass)
Me: yes

L:this happened at 11am on 25th Dec 2009
me:yes

L: This happened due to your negligence
me:No( after telling No i tried to explain what happened, but the laywer told just answer YES or NO)

L: You didn't had license
Me:I had it

L: the road was around 25ft width and 4 ft of footpath on both side
me:Yes

L:So you did the accident
me:No

L:there were humps on both side of the road

L: so you came directly into the lorry

Now the Hon. Judge got angry and blasted the Opp. layer that, no need to ask the same question in different ways, if you have any other questions then ask, or else i will close the case. So the opp lawyer said ok and started next round

L:so the lorry and the car had insurance and all the documents when the accident happened

L:after the accident you all went in the ambulance to the govt hospital
me: yes

L:you were admitted in the clinic in Bangalore

L: you have made up this medical bill to get money from the opposition
me:no

L:why all the bills are in serial no
me: I got the bills on the last date of discharge

L:You were getting XXXX salary when this accident happened

L: now you are getting XXXX salary
me: yes

L:you were on bed rest for 4 months

L:so how did you get the increase in salary when you were not in office for 4 months
me: Due to previous performance before the accident

L: so you did this accident

L: you and the police have made a deal and to claim the compensation you guys have put a case on the opposition

The same things were asked for my family also. The Hon judge would say the whole question and then add my answer to it to the typist and the same was typed and recorded and was signed and sealed. They took our signature also.

So now everything is done and waiting for the judgment. The judge will o through all the things and then give the judgment in another 10-15 days.

So 2 cases I have put against the opposition. One for personal injuries and the other for my grateful and savior "Matiz"
Old 7th March 2011, 14:57   #248
BHPian

Shishir, hope you win the case. Never knew that an insurer would harass you in court like this.
Old 7th March 2011, 15:36   #249
Senior - BHPian

This is hilarious! What kind of stupid questions are those?? btw, what has salary got to do with the accident?

Shishir, I'm sure you are going to win the case. I think this is just a formality and you had to go through it.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2011, 15:52   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
Shishir, hope you win the case. Never knew that an insurer would harass you in court like this.
Ya dude. Even I am hoping the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
This is hilarious! What kind of stupid questions are those?? btw, what has salary got to do with the accident?

Shishir, I'm sure you are going to win the case. I think this is just a formality and you had to go through it.
Man if the Hon Judge wouldn't have stopped then he would have asked many more of these types. Even I think this is a formality but until the final judgment comes we are not sure.
Old 13th July 2013, 12:53   #251
BHPian

Seems like the lorry hit you straight in the middle of the bonnet. That is scary, thank God everyone was safe.
Old 13th July 2013, 14:07   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

That was a really scary incident man. And amazed that the tiny was was able to act a savior! And what kind of questions the lawyer asked? Feel like smashing his head. Absolute lack of some real substance. My best wishes for the judgment (you ought to win it with opposition lawyers like those)

Good luck to you & your family.

Regards,
Saket
Old 14th July 2013, 11:40   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Shishir bn, can you please let know what was the final judgement
Old 15th July 2013, 16:23   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post

Seems like the lorry hit you straight in the middle of the bonnet. That is scary, thank God everyone was safe.
Yep. He came directly in a straight line

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
That was a really scary incident man. And amazed that the tiny was was able to act a savior! And what kind of questions the lawyer asked? Feel like smashing his head. Absolute lack of some real substance. My best wishes for the judgment (you ought to win it with opposition lawyers like those)

Good luck to you & your family.

Regards,
Saket
Can't escape those guys anywhere. You have to live with that. The atmosphere inside is such that you will not be able to speak if you want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Shishir bn, can you please let know what was the final judgement
We won the judgement. The physical injury part we won around 2011 March and the car case we won around Dec 2011.
shishir_bn is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 00:09   #255
BHPian

Was just browsing t-bhp and appreciating the 10 yr old Matiz.
Was shocked to scroll down.
OMG that was a horrible accident.
Almost 2 yrs for judjement ??..... Motor Vehicle Laws
@Shishir i am glad you and your family has come out safe.
Extremely happy that you won the case.
You resilience is an inspiration to all the accident victims.
Which car did you buy next ?
One request could you please post the current pics of the Angel- Matiz.
I guess your mechanic is still using the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks