Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 12:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset

Dear Friends,
Just wanted share my expereince on the road.

Backdrop:
Like everyone in the world even I also planned for a long trip of 10days to my native(Sagar) from 25/Dec/09 to 04/Jan/10. So started the planning phase 3 days in advance and everything was set.

Travel and Car details:
On 25th Dec/09, we left Bangalore(Sarjapur road) at around 4.30am in our beloved family car(my Dad's - MATIZ- 2000 model,giving around 18/19KMPL as FE in city limits and 26/27KMPL on highways, no AC and had run 32K kms).The car was maintained by my dad all these years without any scratch/dents on it.
10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-img_2436.jpg

So we were going at almost 70/80kms speed and near to Arasikere we stopped for breakfast.It was almost 9am.During that time I took some of the snaps.

My kid telling me "see papa even I know how to drive"
10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-img_2435.jpg

The road from Bangalore - The safety/luck which we had left.
10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-img_2439.jpg

The road ahead - The road which led us to disaster
10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-img_2440.jpg

Disaster Trip:
So after having break fast we started with the same speed and we were near the Shimoga by-pass road(Barandur).This is a section where out of 100 accidents only 3/4 persons come out alive.It is a left "C" section cross and heavy loaded lorries fly here .i.e they come towards you at a speed more than 80/90kmph.

At exactly 11.15am I crossed a hump and was near the left side footpath at 50/60kms speed.A bus was coming in front of me and a loaded lorry was behind him. I don't know what the lorry driver thought, he suddenly made his move to overtake the bus.The next moment his lorry bumper is just 8-10 ft away and in front of me with 80/90kms.In the nick of time/milli second my brain worked and I took my car on the footpath.My car's left side had gone on the footpath the lorry driver banged me(remember it was just 8-10ft away). IT WAS A HEAD-ON ACCIDENT. The whole car went under the lorry and came out due the impact. The lorry bumper had hit the upperside of the front windsheild barely missing my head.

Injuries:
1)The whole steering wheel hit my chest and the steering column broke.So the concussion pain is present for me.Luckily I took the hit and none of my ribs broke.
2)Since I was holding the steering wheel, I have a fracture on the wrist due to impact.
3)A stitch on the forehead
4)The most important things in my life, my wife and kid didn't suffer any major injuries.My kid had a small cut on his ears and my wife had glass scratches on the forehead and my relative a small scratch on his head

Accident Photos
10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-img_2455.jpg
10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-img_2456.jpg
10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-img_2457.jpg
10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-img_2458.jpg
10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-img_2459.jpg
10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-img_2460.jpg
10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-img_2461.jpg

Still to come.....
shishir_bn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th January 2010, 12:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Oh my God. That's one nasty hit. Glad that the injuries were only minor.

Looks like the truck literally ran over. Its so painful to see the car the way it is. From the first pic its very evident that this was a well maintained car.

Last edited by beejay : 15th January 2010 at 12:19.
beejay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2010, 12:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

OMG, Thanks to god, all you are safe.

This is really scary
Old 15th January 2010, 12:23   #4
BHPian

The pics are scary. Thank God that you are all safe. Hope all were buckled up. Safe drives ahead!
Old 15th January 2010, 12:24   #5
BHPian

a very bad accident.
hope all are keeping fine.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear and look at this man! Good to know that no one was seriously hurt. What happened to the lorry driver. How did he get nailed ?
Old 15th January 2010, 12:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Shishir, THANK GOD you and your family are alright! Looking at the pictures of your car one would not think so.
I would suggest a visit to your place of worship to thank GOD for saving you all! IMO its only HIS intervention which has saved you'll.
Take care and get well soon!
Regards
Old 15th January 2010, 12:33   #8
BHPian

Holy Crap shishir.***

I feel like chopping off the lorry driver's head.
He put in danger your life as well as your family's just due to his stupid overtaking stunt.

Glad to know that you all escaped and are doing well.
Really one look at the matiz and not one would doubt that any one would escape out alive.

Hats off to your 10 year old beauty for saving your life as well as your loved ones.

Hope to catch up with you this sunday and get to know the details of this accident.
Alter_Ego is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2010, 12:36   #9
BANNED

Oh man. Thats scary. You have done some good in your life. Someone up there loves you.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Oh my God. That's one nasty hit. Glad that the injuries were only minor.
Looks like the truck literally ran over. Its so painful to see the car the way it is. From the first pic its very evident that this was a well maintained car.
It was undoubtedly the best maintained car and had 5 star ratings in safety in the year 2000 itself
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
OMG, Thanks to god, all you are safe.
This is really scary
ya bharat we are all safe with minor injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
The pics are scary. Thank God that you are all safe. Hope all were buckled up. Safe drives ahead!
Ya we had buckled up but with that heavy monster in the front only luck saved us
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
a very bad accident.
hope all are keeping fine.
Ya anand we are coming to terms now
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Sad to hear and look at this man! Good to know that no one was seriously hurt. What happened to the lorry driver. How did he get nailed ?
lorry driver ran off and I lodged a FIR and yesterday submitted the details to the court
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Shishir, THANK GOD you and your family are alright! Looking at the pictures of your car one would not think so.
I would suggest a visit to your place of worship to thank GOD for saving you all! IMO its only HIS intervention which has saved you'll.
Take care and get well soon!
Regards
Ya cyborg we have done that
Old 15th January 2010, 12:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

O MY GOD! Good to hear all of you are safe and injuries are not as bad as the car seem to tell. The trucker should be shot!
Old 15th January 2010, 12:40   #12
BHPian

That is a bad accident. Good to know that there were no major injuries to your family and you. Wishing you a fast recovery.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:42   #13
J.Ravi

I am really sorry to hear about the accident. But, I am glad to know that you and your family members escaped with minor injuries. I do wish that the murderous truck driver would be arrested/charge-sheeted ASAP by the cops.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 15th January 2010 at 12:44.

Old 15th January 2010, 12:43   #14
Senior - BHPian

HI shishir, Sad to know about the accident, but glad that you all came out unharmed. Matiz took all the brunt.Did the lorry stopped or it ran away?How are you feeling now ? and how are you typing with a broken wrist. Hope you and family recover soon enough.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

shishir your guardian angel was around pal. You car has taken a bad beating and the images show. Wishing you all a speedy recovery from the accident.

Most Viewed