Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2010, 14:59   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Dear,
shishir i remember reading about how much you adored your car in one of my posts.I was moved to see the car in such a condition but at the same time was glad that you and your family were ok.

It seems that the car took all the brunt of the impact and protected you from severe injuries.The love and attention that you gave it has borne its fruit.(ofcourse not to forget God's hand in it)
Wish you a speedy recovery.
take care.
Thanks for the wishes.Ya Sumeeth.It had paid me back in full.That is why I tell everyone to take care of their pet.My signature also says the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Shishir,
Without taking credit away from the Angel,your good reflexes sure did save four lives. Most often people dont buckle up on highways. That was one life-saver.

However, from what I have seen, the truck driver would walk away from all this without a scratch on him.
I have full faith in our judicial system. The same system which will let the truck driver get bail and walk out of the door after causing so much damage.
All the best with your case. Hope to catch you on sunday.
Thanks for the wishes.ya we will meet on sunday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
thats is a depressing photo.
glad that you and your family is safe.
Thanks for the wishes.
Old 16th January 2010, 15:16   #107
BHPian

You are really lucky, shudder to think what would have happned if your speed was at 100-120.

Drive safe; AAAALLLLL is well.
Old 16th January 2010, 15:29   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Shishir,

When i read the title of your thread, i thought it wa sone more travelogue
the first photograph of your bundle of joy brought smile to my face. My wife sitting next to me said, Oh so cute..who is he ?

the next image i saw was that of crumpled matiz, automatically both of us said
OH MY GOD

we were very much relieved to to know that you are all safe.
you need to indeed thank your luck and guardian angels.

Enjoy your second life to its fullest. Take care of your cute son.
Thanks for the wishes.Hope it was not a ever lasting shock.Trying to live my second life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
Shisir,
Providence looked after your kid and family .You will own many cars in future, but I guess you have already realized what's most precious in life. The sight of your son safe and cheerful after the accident, made the Matiz's damage seem irrelevant.
You are right. Seeing the kid without any wound was very relieving
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
All of you were really really lucky to get out of this with minimum damages. Hats off to MATIZ for saving you all this well. Still I was not able to figure out why the idiot lorry driver did so, what the hell was running on his mind to miss the matiz just opposite to his monster....or someones attempt on your life (seems to be intentional)... by the way was you kid belted at the time of accident
No.Kid was not belted.
Old 16th January 2010, 15:37   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
I am extremely sorry to hear this. Indeed shocking !! Your family is one lucky to come out of this with very min injury.
Take care of the Kid, Bro. He would horrified, shell shocked by the incident.
Thanks for the wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcars View Post
Very sorry to read this and I'm happy too that you're all alive. May God bless you all, especially the cute little one. I'm the father of a 3 year old and can imagine what you have been undergoing since the incident. Please do a thorough health check up on all the three and pay special attention that cute little one. I don't mean to scare you but don't take things lightly just because there are no external injuries. I believe everything will turn out well.
Indian roads will continue to be unsafe till we get stricter rules of the law and their honest enforcement. Whenever will that happen!!!
Take care.
Thanks for the wishes.I will take the checkup by next week
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Oh! God. Thats a very bad story. Good to know you all are safe. Sad that such a well maintained car is "dead".
Thomas,it is not dead.IMO it just went away from us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
@Shishir
Thank God you and your family are safe. The car did it's duty - it took the impact well and collapsed, protecting all of you. That is what really matters.

As for the guilty driver getting punished, I doubt that will happen. From what I have read about lorry drivers, the experienced lorry driver grooms his cleaner (usually a semi-literate at best) to become a driver and also in getting a licence, as well as securing him a lorry to drive. The unwritten rule is, if the guru gets involved in an accident, the shishya will become the fall guy by default and take the rap, irrespective of whether he has got a licence or not. This is a form of "Gurudakshina" and is expected of all novice/new drivers. If he fails in this duty, the entire truck driver community will get word of it and he will be shunned by all.

There was a famous Tamil novel "Irumbu Kudiraigal" (Iron Horses) with the transport industry as a backdrop that illustrated this matter. What you had posted about another driver presenting himself before the police re-kindled my memory about this.
Thanks for the wishes.Hoping he will be brought to court.
Old 16th January 2010, 15:43   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Good lord!

Thank heavens you all are fine! This is nothing short of a miracle.

Cars almost become your family member when they are with you that long, and when they go down saving your whole family, its just returning what you gave to it for 10 years. Respect.
Absolutely right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Glad to know that you made it buddy.Feel bad for your car, but machines can be replaced and dear one can't be.
That is why I am not in a shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Completely agree. A sad way for the car to go but its not as important as knowing your family is safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Sorry to see this , you should have been shaken with this incident . Get well soon .

Could you point this C section you mentioned ,so that ppl are aware of this place , can you google map point it if possible .

How was the interaction with police there ?

Now this is over ,what next ,are you filing a case against him ?
I was not shaken on the accident day.But when i saw the cae 2 days back,I was shocked.I will try get the google map.There is nthing called interaction.Just money talks.Case has been filed now.
Old 16th January 2010, 15:53   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Shishir:

You all being safe is not something that cannot be measured. That something dear which you lost today is not replaceable. These two can never make up for each other. You are in a unique, undescribeable situation where you have two face two things simulatenously ..

But today, what matters is that you are still here with us. Take care.
Thanks for the wishes.You are right. We are missing one of the family members now
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I've also heard that cleaners etc drive lorries for sections on longer drives when the driver gets tired.
What you have heard is right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Thats a nasty accident Shishir. After seeing your sons pics, i feel like chopping off the lorry driver's hands. It hurts to see an innocent baby with bandages. Wish your family a speedy recovery.

Hope that brainless idiot of a lorry driver and the owner of the lorry who let him drive without a license get the jail term they deserve.

-Pallavi
Thanks for the wishes.Even I felt the same.But god's grace it was only minor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
@shishir, Good to see you all escape with relatively minor injuries!
First of all, you wore seatbelts, so the miracle was possible :-) All who read this thread, there can't be a better advt for wearing seat belts.
2ndly, you reacted in the split second to reduce impact - great reactions man!

Hope you recover speedily.

We have a 10+ year old Matiz (of the same color) as well, and really sorry to see the state of your well maintained car. But it did do the job of absorbing the impact and saving its occupants.
Thanks for the wishes.Reaction was to save my wife and kid first.So I took the lorry towards me.Man you are one of the LUCKIEST person to have MATIZ(GOD) with you.Please,please take care of it nicely.It will serve you a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Glad to know that all of you are safe. It was god's will and your presence of mind that saved the day. The seat-belts must have helped too.

The Police do not 'know' who the driver is. So they have to accept the person who presents himself/presented by the owner as the driver.

Sorry to see that excellently maintained car in such a state. Heart wrenching though it might be, it is better to scrap it now even if parts were available. The damage seems to be quite extensive and you might not be able to bring it up to scratch.

Wishing all of you a speedy recovery.

Cheers,
Thanks for the wishes.You are absolutely right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Hey Shishir; wish you and your family a speedy recovery.
Thanks for the wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Sorry to see this man, but glad to know that you and your family are safe. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks for the wishes.
Old 16th January 2010, 15:53   #112
BHPian

Since you have started a thread it means your spirits are up and running.hopefully everybody recovers soon and evereyone is back on their feet.can't say the same about the car. Fading off into the sunset......
Old 16th January 2010, 17:12   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
You are really lucky, shudder to think what would have happned if your speed was at 100-120.

Drive safe; AAAALLLLL is well.
If i had gone at 100-120 I think I would have missed the lorry.When I took the left turn it would have taken a sharp turn and avoid a head-on accident
Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Since you have started a thread it means your spirits are up and running.hopefully everybody recovers soon and evereyone is back on their feet.can't say the same about the car. Fading off into the sunset......
Thanks for the wishes.About car as you said it has left us and faded in the sunset
Old 16th January 2010, 17:36   #114
BHPian

Shishir

Thanks to God that you and your family are safe. The pics of the damaged Matiz made me shudder. But she proved her worth. Its under these circumstances that we realize that all the safety features are priceless.
Wishing you and your family a speedy recovery.
Old 16th January 2010, 17:44   #115
Senior - BHPian

OMG. The pics are so scary. wish you and your family very speedy recovery
Old 16th January 2010, 20:57   #116
BHPian

Very scary

Hi Shishir,

This is really horrible. Thanks god you and your family are safe. I would suggest you to go for a MRI scan of the chest or upper half of the body. Please don't assume and don't take it lightly, Please make it sure through MRI only that everything is fine with your chest. I have seen a couple of people who didn't take any interest in getting the MRI done but later on we came to know that there were problems inside their body. My wishes are with you and your family for a speedy recovery. Before and After snaps are very touching.

Also I would suggest that you get this matiz repaired no matter how much you will have to bear the cost in getting the repairs done. She is like an angel who has saved you and your family from such an accident so please don't let her go like this. And enjoy your new life to the fullest.

All the best!
IRISH
Old 16th January 2010, 22:44   #117
BHPian

Dear Shishir, It is indeed depressing to see your son in the photo. Hope he puts this incident behind him soon.
Please take good rest before resuming normal work.
As mentioned by many bhpians, the car design, your reflexes and GOD Almighty have saved you.
Giving due respect to the feelings you have for the car, IMHO, it is better not to repair the vehicle. I say this because, the Matiz, being out of production for almost 8 years, you may not get all the originals parts. Further, it may not be possible to repair the body to the designed strength. However, please take a call after discussing with a body mechanic.
Eagerly waiting to see you behind the wheels soon!!
Old 16th January 2010, 23:45   #118
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pal, thats a terrible accident to face, good to know that you and your family are safe. Thanks to the car.

Unfortunately there are occasions when one faces bad consequence though not faulty on his side. God was with you. Hope you overcome teh shock of the accident.
Old 17th January 2010, 00:24   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Damn!! those few who risk these stupid overtakings!!

These pics show the importance of the "Collapsible Steering Column". This ought to be made Mandatory like seatbelts,etc for the manufacturers.

Take rest shishir, you and family need it...

Ps - I am hoping your love will renew & continue with the cute car - thanks to Chevy bringing back the Matiz/Spark.
I guess most Indian cars come with collapsible steering column these days. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 17th January 2010, 00:56   #120
BHPian

@ Shishir,
It surely is God's grace that saved you and your family. I wish speedy recovery to you and your son. Soon God will send her (your car, your pet) in the form of an equally safer Avataar. All is well that ends well.

Most Viewed