Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 13:32   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Shishir thats one very very scary incident - definitely relieved to see all are okay. Definitely that one last minute steering twitch to the pavement saved the whole family.

Again, what a scary incident and these things just happen in a flash, one moment so good and the next frame is that you have truck mowing you down. Horrific!
@adc,3 things happened in micro sec. First I saw the truck 10ft away, then I turned left and saved my family and the next thing I know was the whole vehicle turning 180 degrees and everything happened in 1 sec max.

Hey ADC nice to know that your TMT is back on road with a heart transplant.
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:00   #167
Team-BHP Support

Dont know how I missed this thread. That is a horrible accident and thanks to build quality of the Matiz that you and your family are safe and sound. The next step is to forget the incident as soon as possible and carry on. Start driving as soon as possible and do not let this accident stop you from driving.
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:10   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Dont know how I missed this thread. That is a horrible accident and thanks to build quality of the Matiz that you and your family are safe and sound. The next step is to forget the incident as soon as possible and carry on. Start driving as soon as possible and do not let this accident stop you from driving.
I am just waiting for my hand to get fixed due to fracture.Another week's time and then I am set to drive again.
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:20   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Listen, I doubt you will not miss your 10 year old Matiz after a few months of scrapping it. I suggest you go to the place in B'lore where you get parts from scrapped vehicles. This kind of a place is here in Pune and we can get almost every part from scrapped Matiz's. So if you do not want your Matiz (that saved your family) to go under the knife and become a donor like hundreds of others, save it. Get all the parts from other cars and rebuild it. It does not look that bad that it can not be rebuilt. C'mon it saved you and it is your dads hard earned car. Just arrange all the parts that are damaged from the scrap suppliers because believe you me, they have a lot of Matiz parts and I can assure you, you will get everything back. This car is a legend and has played an even more important part in your life. The day you sell it for scrap, it will be thin air in a matter of minutes with every intact part taken away to be sold separately and I don't think you want your Matiz to die like that. Even if it is not as reliable or refined, I am sure you will be happy even looking at it parked in your driveway, all done up.

As you can see, I am a fan of this car and I have one and I cannot sell it even if someone offers me 10 lacs on it. I won't. Yours even saved your life. Let me know and if you decide to repair it and cannot find some part, I'll help you get it from Pune.
Hi Shishir
This is a very very bad accident. Thank GOD and thank MATIZ, you and your family are in safe. Wish you and your family a speedy recovery.

@abhi1309 :-
Kindly post here the Shop name / Area in pune of scrap from where you get parts.
i think this will not attract mods. because many of us can be benifitted from this.

If you still think its against tbhp rule. then kindly PM me the address.

Last edited by KALINGA : 22nd January 2010 at 14:22.
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:27   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Hi Shishir
This is a very very bad accident. Thank GOD and thank MATIZ, you and your family are in safe. Wish you and your family a speedy recovery.

@abhi1309 :-
Kindly post here the Shop name / Area in pune of scrap from where you get parts.
i think this will not attract mods. because many of us can be benifitted from this.

If you still think its against tbhp rule. then kindly PM me the address.
Nice one kalinga. If anyone has the address for the spares please write out. Many who still have the beauty will be happy to get the details.
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:27   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Thanks for the wonderful summized reply and wishes

Thanks for the wishes.The lorry's bumper had hit above the windscreen.1/2 feet away from my head
Might have been a very scary/intimidating experience. By the way how did you manage to take the car to the pavement? Wasn't it at an escalated level with respect to the road?
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:31   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
Might have been a very scary/intimidating experience. By the way how did you manage to take the car to the pavement? Wasn't it at an escalated level with respect to the road?
Johnny, on the highways 95% of the times the left side of the road doesn't have shoulders and for my luck it was almost 3-4 inches below the tarmac.The moment I saw the truck I turned towards footpath.It was instantaneous reaction I feel.
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:48   #173
Senior - BHPian

Guys after talking about the accident,I thought of putting the map where this happened. Click on the image to zoom it
10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-accident-zone.gif
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:02   #174
Senior - BHPian

Lady luck was surely looking down at your family that day!

The first few pics of your car show it in showroom display condition... guess she really was your baby. Onwards and upwards my friend!
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:02   #175
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shishir,
How are you feeling now?
How is your wrist? and how is your son now?
Hope you guys are recovering fast.
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:16   #176
Senior - BHPian

Glad to read you all are safe after this accident. There is a feeling of sadness that such a lovely matiz is so badly damaged by the truck, but then we have to thank God you all came out of this.
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:29   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Lady luck was surely looking down at your family that day!

The first few pics of your car show it in showroom display condition... guess she really was your baby. Onwards and upwards my friend!
Yes dude, I was looked upon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi Shishir,
How are you feeling now?
How is your wrist? and how is your son now?
Hope you guys are recovering fast.
Thanks for asking man. Wrist is ok now. Will remove the plaster in a week.Son is doing great and slowly he has forgotten the incident. But whenever he sees the accident on TV he remembers it and shows how it happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Glad to read you all are safe after this accident. There is a feeling of sadness that such a lovely matiz is so badly damaged by the truck, but then we have to thank God you all came out of this.
Thanks man
Old 23rd January 2010, 00:59   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Johnny, on the highways 95% of the times the left side of the road doesn't have shoulders and for my luck it was almost 3-4 inches below the tarmac.The moment I saw the truck I turned towards footpath.It was instantaneous reaction I feel.
Quite true bro, on the highways there isn't anything on the side-roads. It was your instinct combined with good driving skills, plus God's grace which saved you all. By the way any progress with the court case?
Old 23rd January 2010, 12:22   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
Quite true bro, on the highways there isn't anything on the side-roads. It was your instinct combined with good driving skills, plus God's grace which saved you all. By the way any progress with the court case?
Johnny, thanks for asking. Yes the police have got the hospital report anf the lawyer has taken it.It will take another 7-10 day max for me date to come
Old 23rd January 2010, 15:19   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,
Just wanted share my expereince on the road.
You are one lucky family. Thank god and the Matiz for your miraculas escape. The Matiz had done its duty.

Most Viewed