Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 18:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
The stability control is not working as expected I guess. Good that Toyota is taking everything seriously now!
@vinaydas, I dont think CR does cheap publicity stuff like other mags.
probably not.
But they just seem to have joined the band wagon of trying to pour gravy over the mess that Toyota is already in.
Many people Assume that Toyota is going down ,its going to close down etc etc pure nonsense.
These Americans cant live with the fact that a Japanese company is rewriting/rewritten the rules of the automobile industry in US and the fact that they have overthrown GM.
Its not possible , Toyota is far to great of a company to go down so easily.
They probably will be snapped with fines and fines. But they will Eventually get out of this mess they are in.

If there is a problem i think its electrical with the Stability system not working as it should be and the high GC of course.

Last edited by vinaydas : 15th April 2010 at 18:08.
Old 15th April 2010, 18:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
These Americans cant live with the fact that a Japanese company is rewriting/rewritten the rules of the automobile industry in US and the fact that they have overthrown GM.
Have you even read CR before? American companies usually get the lowest rating and Lexuses the highest. As for sonspiracy theories, please give us a break. That angle has been beaten to death is other threads. There was a serious quality lapse at Toyota which they ignored for ages and they are paying for it now. No one wants to see them die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I would wait for a third party test to happen before condemning it.
Good info, greenhorn, but CR is probably the best third party test that you are going to get. I can't see CR pulling a fast one on this considering the immense resources at Toyota's disposal to disprove this if it's indeed a biased report. I hope you caught the story where Toyota was able to tear to shreds the report of the runaway Prius chased by a cop.

Last edited by Gilead : 15th April 2010 at 18:21.
Old 15th April 2010, 22:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Good info, greenhorn, but CR is probably the best third party test that you are going to get. I can't see CR pulling a fast one on this considering the immense resources at Toyota's disposal to disprove this if it's indeed a biased report. I hope you caught the story where Toyota was able to tear to shreds the report of the runaway Prius chased by a cop.
I'm no fan of the NHTSA , but they're supposed to be testing the vehicle to reproduce this issue. lets see what results they come up with
NHTSA Responds to Lexus GX 460 Report - KickingTires
Old 16th April 2010, 01:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

toyota's troubles doesnt seem to stop,hope they come up with a solution to this problem.

but i am a bit confused as not much details have been posted about the test as most of the SUVs can roll over a bit due to high GC.

are there any specifications/standards for SUV rollovers that they were testing the landcruiser against ?
Old 16th April 2010, 14:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I'm no fan of the NHTSA , but they're supposed to be testing the vehicle to reproduce this issue. lets see what results they come up with
NHTSA Responds to Lexus GX 460 Report - KickingTires
This is interesting news. It will be an egg on NHTSA's face if they find an issue now because they only certified the car to be fit in the first place.
Old 17th April 2010, 17:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/car...d-shortly.html

Toyota claims to have been able to reproduce the issue

In which case, why did they ask for access to the CR track?
Consumer Reports Declines Toyota’s Request to Use Its Test Track - Wheels Blog - NYTimes.com

Last edited by greenhorn : 17th April 2010 at 17:12.
Old 18th April 2010, 15:37   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Its not possible , Toyota is far to great of a company to go down so easily.
And so people spoke of General Motors once upon a time. I hope this "greatness" hasn't gone into Toyota's head. Because if it has, history will repeat itself. The fiercely competitive automotive market of today ensures that "great companies" have to work just as hard as the ones that aren't. No auto manufacturer can take their sustainability for granted anymore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks