Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2020, 16:23   #76
BHPian

Re: Keeping a track of Delhi's rapidly increasing speed cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Trust me on this. If they wanted us to slow down, they would just install speed breakers. They have strategically put up speed cameras to make money and nothing else.
Well, installing a speed-breaker on roads as wide as 12 lanes is just not feasible, is it? Speed-breakers would just lead to more accidents in any case, and even the people who do slow down, would slow down to crawling speeds - causing massive traffic backup. Speed breakers at GT Karnal Road (Mukarba Chowk to Sonipat Border stretch) was just this: half the cars not caring about the bumps, the other half slowing down to like 20kmph.

We (and the government) don't need drivers to slow down that much - they just want them to not go beyond a limit. And speed cameras have been very effective in that, in my opinion. On the Naraina to Dhaula Kuan stretch, near Cantt., for example, people always drive at the speed limit (plus/minus 5 kmph). The cameras are bringing the exact intended result: compliance with the speed limit without causing traffic jams.
N.A.GTC is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 12:18   #77
BHPian

Re: Speed Radar Guns & Cameras in New Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4J View Post
The challan was waived off because the speed limit mentioned was 70 and people were fined for > 60kmph. Were you also challaned similarly? If yes, then you may register a complaint with proofs. It is best to pay off your challans timely.
You are right. its just that there was a small hope that it gets waived off specially the one which is of Rs 2000 Anyways i paid 2 of them and are left with 2 more whose status is mentioned as in the below picture - To be sent to Virtual court for adjudication. Does anyone know what is the procedure ahead to pay them now . These are challans from 2019 and they are not payable in current state. Also the amount is not mentioned anywhere. I am confused if they will be charged on 2019 rates or 2020

By the i only got to know that i have some pending challans when i checked my cars number on the website myself as the other day one of family members informed the same about his car. There were no physical notice or sms received for this
Attached Thumbnails
Speed Radar Guns & Cameras in New Delhi-challan.png  

RaSing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 12:25   #78
Senior - BHPian

Re: Keeping a track of Delhi's rapidly increasing speed cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Waze has very little speed cameras marked, at least in Delhi. I use this app Radar detector, have found it to have almost all the cameras i have noticed in NCR

It even buzzes your smartwatch if you find audio alerts distracting or irritating while playing music.
Thanks for this. Been using it for last couple of days and it is quite accurate. Highly recommended.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 18:16   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
You are right. its just that there was a small hope that it gets waived off specially the one which is of Rs 2000 Anyways i paid 2 of them and are left with 2 more whose status is mentioned as in the below picture - To be sent to Virtual court for adjudication. Does anyone know what is the procedure ahead to pay them now . These are challans from 2019 and they are not payable in current state. Also the amount is not mentioned anywhere. I am confused if they will be charged on 2019 rates or 2020

By the i only got to know that i have some pending challans when i checked my cars number on the website myself as the other day one of family members informed the same about his car. There were no physical notice or sms received for this
Virtual courts were launched recently in Delhi for online adjudication of these petty cases: http://vcourts.gov.in/virtualcourt/index.php

If the violation is of pre-amendment time, you would be fined with pre-amendment amount only.
N.A.GTC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 13:59   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
So did you get these settled? I also got hit with 2 speeding challans from Dec 2019 and 2 from Jan 2020 which were not visible last month when i had checked. What was the process? Searching my mobile or car number brings nothing on the http://vcourts.gov.in/ site.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 22:55   #81
BHPian

I checked and saw 2 challans for one offense of over speeding at the same location, date, and time. In one,the picture is taken from an overhead camera at 13:33:47 hrs and inanotherthe picture is taken from an on road traffic police laser gun at 13:34:14 hrs at Rohtak Road near Nangloi. So essentially at a difference of 20 seconds two different pictures were taken from 2 different cameras at the same location and 2 challans were issued. Paid the fine of Rs. 2000 mentioned in one challan, not sure what to do with additional one. Already emailed traffic police and traffic commissioners about this duplication, but as expected didn't received any response. Any suggestion what else can be done.
Old 22nd August 2020, 15:29   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

So this came up on my twitter feed.

A stolen car is still being driven in the city and getting captured on the cams repeatedly.

Speed Radar Guns & Cameras in New Delhi-20200822_104719.jpg

Speed Radar Guns & Cameras in New Delhi-20200822_104738.jpg

Speed Radar Guns & Cameras in New Delhi-20200822_104753.jpg

Speed Radar Guns & Cameras in New Delhi-20200822_104907.jpg

Speed Radar Guns & Cameras in New Delhi-20200822_104819.jpg

Speed Radar Guns & Cameras in New Delhi-20200822_104843.jpg

Twitter thread
Dry Ice is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 11:16   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
So this came up on my twitter feed.
A stolen car is still being driven in the city and getting captured on the cams repeatedly.
[/url]
Heartbreaking! It's a shame that Delhi Police won't use technology at its disposal for apprehending criminals but will promptly issue challans for violations for Delhi's questionably decided speed limits.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 07:32   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Not about Delhi, but I heard there are 8 speed cameras set up between Panipat and Chandigarh, to monitor overspeeding and hence issuing challans. Has anyone checked this ?

Mods - move to correct thread if one available.
Old 5th June 2021, 08:12   #85
BHPian

Install Radarbot and save tons of money it’s 99.9% accurate and gives you early warning, tried and tested in last 6 months
a4_attitude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 11:24   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Not about Delhi, but I heard there are 8 speed cameras set up between Panipat and Chandigarh, to monitor overspeeding and hence issuing challans. Has anyone checked this ?

AFAIK, they are not operational yet I do this stretch at least once in 10 days, and seldom do I drive at the mandated 90. no challans yet
Old 5th June 2021, 18:59   #87
Senior - BHPian

The speed limit on Panipat-Chandigarh route is 90 kmph. I don't think on can save much time by going fast on this stretch
Moreover, the traffic on this stretch is only a bit better these days because of Covid. Beyond Chandigarh on Manali or towards Bilaspur is a different ball game & you can drive faster with little fear of speed cameras.
Old 5th June 2021, 23:10   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Yes, this route has always been a favourite with the cops. Either cameras or speed guns.
Old 16th August 2021, 15:48   #89
BHPian

So, today I learnt that if you wait 60 days since the issuance of a Rs. 2000 over-speeding challan from Delhi Traffic Police, the challan gets sent to the virtual court where the payment demanded reduces to Rs. 1000!

Curious to see if other BHPians have also noticed the same or can explain why.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks