Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2012, 12:50   #361
Senior - BHPian

re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Any seats out there for naughty kids who refuse to sit at all? I have one who keeps on jumping around and pushes all buttons and opens any lock that are in his proximity. I need some sort of "Trainer" seat that would allow him his freedom all while keeping him glued to his seat - impossible much? :P
Old 30th November 2012, 13:30   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Any seats out there for naughty kids who refuse to sit at all? I have one who keeps on jumping around and pushes all buttons and opens any lock that are in his proximity. I need some sort of "Trainer" seat that would allow him his freedom all while keeping him glued to his seat - impossible much? :P
To be honest it is difficult to train a child into a car seat if they have not grown up using it.
If possible try to include the child in the car seat buying process. If it is one he likes and chooses, then he may want to use the 'Ferrari' or giraffe seat more than he would otherwise. also try to invest in a seatbelt cloth protector (with a nice design) so that the seatbelt does not scrape against the shoulder. also useful for them to play with and helps the seatbelt to be on.

You could try to use some toys etc. and keep the child interested during the drive. Perhaps a co passenger can sit next to the child.

On the stick side of the story try to explain how it could hurt them if they dont stay buckled up in the car seat. Or that it is not allowed by the cops, if that helps!

Most importantly everyone else in the car should be buckled up. Its no point if you try to get the kid to do something that others (including co passengers) are not doing. a family activity reinforces the habit better.

Last edited by selfdrive : 30th November 2012 at 13:32.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 13:42   #363
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
To be honest it is difficult to train a child into a car seat if they have not grown up using it.
LOL I guess we should consider ourselves lucky. The one time my wife let another kid use the car seat while my son was sitting on othre kids mother's lap she got a earful from him (my son).

Our son loved his car seats (we had one in each of our cars) as he could see outside the window. This might also be because he could make eye contact with his mom (via the reflection in the rear view mirror) while she was driving.
Old 30th November 2012, 14:30   #364
Team-BHP Support

Which sub 10 lakh (OTR) sedan can accommodate two child seats and an adult in the rear?

I think the Verito with its 1745 mm seat is a good choice.
Would hatches like Vista/ Liva/ Sail with approx 1690 mm be able to do so.
Old 30th November 2012, 14:37   #365
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost
Which sub 10 lakh (OTR) sedan can accommodate two child seats and an adult in the rear?

I think the Verito with its 1745 mm seat is a good choice.
Verito should be the first choice IMO, among sedans/hatchbacks. The car is really wide from inside, add to that slab sided doors that really maximise space even more.

Also- two children means loads of luggage carrying capacity is also required, right? Again- Verito makes for a sensible choice in this department as well.
Old 30th November 2012, 14:47   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I would say Verito, Manza and Sunny/ Scala. Not really sure of the others, especially in terms of head/ shoulder room.

Are both the child seats front facing? Are they full seats or is any (or both) of them only used as a booster seat? This may change things as it frees up shoulder room.

Quote:
The rear seat in my Jazz can fit a front facing seat (with my 6 year old) and a rear facing seat (with my 4 month old) with either my wife or I sandwiched in between. But we are not stout, so it depends on the width (girth/ heft?) of the adult too.

Its a tight fit and only used for short distances when anyone (including the kids!) is cranky. Its quite an acrobatic exercise to get into the middle seat though.

I would think the Vista would be a good try. The Sail didnt seem as spacious but I would be glad if this is proved otherwise.
Old 30th November 2012, 16:02   #367
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
The rear seat in my Jazz can fit a front facing seat (with my 6 year old) and a rear facing seat (with my 4 month old) with either my wife or I sandwiched in between. But we are not stout, so it depends on the width (girth/ heft?) of the adult too.
I actually think Jazz is one car which can accommodate two child seats in and passenger in the rear. But as Selfdrive mentioned, it will be a squeeze for the rear middle seat passenger, especially to get into the car.

Here in Singapore, I have actually sat in a Jazz with two full sized child seats in the rear. But in that case, the child seats were secured in the left rear and rear middle seats. It’s possible here because almost all cars in this segment comes with three 3-point seat belt in the rear. I guess in India, that option comes only in the 10+ lakhs range (starting with Fluence E2).
Old 30th November 2012, 21:01   #368
BHPian

Is this chicco car seat okay for a 2.5 year old kid, car is Indica. Any first hand feedback would be highly helpful as well.
http://www.chicco.in/OurProducts/Sch...0/Default.aspx
Attached Thumbnails
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-neptune_fuego_zoom_.jpg  

Old 30th November 2012, 21:16   #369
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Is this chicco car seat okay for a 2.5 year old kid, car is Indica. Any first hand feedback would be highly helpful as well.
Chicco is decent brand, but I recommend to see if you can do a trial-fitting in your car and check if its a good fit.
Old 8th December 2012, 19:05   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

After checking Mothercare(Shopper Stop) and Mom&Me, we bought this infant seat from Mom&Me. It came to 3600 after 10% discount. This seat can be used upto 10-13Kg or 9-15 months. We tried some other models as well but were not satisfied with the recline position.
Today we got a chance to drive with him in it and he didn't show any discomfort. Initially he was awake and looking around, then he slept for 3 hrs in it, the entire duration of the trip.

One thing that we didn't like in this seat is, the support seat belt from the car goes over this child seat above his legs. Don't know how this will accommodate him when he grows up.

Any one has feedback on this window shade, this one is from mom&me. Planning to check in mother care as well.
http://www.momandmeshop.in/mrpl/face...mId=1630367&q=
Attached Thumbnails
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-c.jpg  

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-c1.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 19:58   #371
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Any one has feedback on this window shade, this one is from mom&me. Planning to check in mother care as well.
Should do the job. Mothercare also have similar set I guess, with some designs. I have shared the link in my previous reply.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 20:24   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Should do the job. Mothercare also have similar set I guess, with some designs. I have shared the link in my previous reply.
Thanks. Yes, I have checked the link and we will check out mothercare tomorrow.
Old 12th December 2012, 16:43   #373
BHPian

Dear All,

I would need a booster seat for my 4 yrs old immediately. Preferably used one if possible in chennai. What are the options available? Also please let me know the shops sell new ones in and around south chennai.

Thanks,
R
Old 13th December 2012, 00:11   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
Dear All,

I would need a booster seat for my 4 yrs old immediately. Preferably used one if possible in chennai. What are the options available? Also please let me know the shops sell new ones in and around south chennai.
For new one you can check out Mothercare(Shopper Stop) and Mom&Me. Booster seat ranges around 1500.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 15:25   #375
Senior - BHPian

I have a rattling issue with the front facing child car seat when its not occupied. It is in place with the seat belt strapped. I have tried to put 'packing' material in the gaps/ interlocking parts but the noise persists. When my son uses it there is no noise at all. Any ideas why this could happen? Please dont ask me to put a bag on it in his absence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
One thing that we didn't like in this seat is, the support seat belt from the car goes over this child seat above his legs. Don't know how this will accommodate him when he grows up.
That should not be the case. Is this how it is indicated in the manual? Try to put both straps over the back of the seat such that the top one goes in the hole provided for securing and the bottom one goes across the bottom of the car seat. The seat belt in the rear should normally extend that far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks